Should I upgrade to Windows 10 from Win7? Is it an improvement when I'm just interested in gaming...

Should I upgrade to Windows 10 from Win7? Is it an improvement when I'm just interested in gaming? Will I experience more fps etc.?

>downgrading to 10 from 7
ayy

better than downgrading to linux, my friend

>upgrade

pic related

Go for it. If you don't like it just roll it back to 7.

If it ain't broken don't fix it. If you don't have any problems with 7 why upgrade?

No one mentioned anything about linux though

yes you will get 5-10% more fps, someone from german pc magazines recently tested it but i can't find link

I haven't, and I'm not planning to.

>waaaa!! don't talk about my super secret club!

That's not how it works.

>No one mentioned anything about linux though
> when I'm just interested in gaming

sure, do it, you will appreciate win7 more

No. Actually windows 10 is more clogged with telemetry and comes with bloat pre installed so enjoy your connection and performance drops. Stick with 7.

Win10 utilizes CPU way better than Win7 so if your old shitty CPU starts bottlenecking it's time to upgrade. As for GPU - There is no actual difference.

>Linux
>downgrade
:^)

>No difference with the gpu

Except for Win10 had DX12 support, which can make a difference depending on the gpu and game.

Well yes API makes a difference but OS itself doesn't give you magic performance on GPU although it will utilize CPU better by automatically lowering priority of background process when gaming.

You're a wise person.

what a mediocre philosophy

DX12 faggot, only win10 has it boi

with win 7-8 I saw like a 2 fps difference with the piece of shit computer I had at the time.

are you drunk? No one said anything that could be interpreted that way

This. There's no significant difference.

I use win10 for games and linux for work.
If you muh graphics, than there is no way around win10 because DX12

>he cares about an almost unnoticeable graphics improvement

Some games require it though. The Xbox/Win10 games like Forza and Gears will need it.

Leave now nvidia shill

Pretty much the only reason I went to win10 was for dx12.

I have a 390x and in the games that have dx12 support the performance gains were too good to ignore.

>people actually fall for the xbox meme

You gave up your freedom for vidya gaymes.

>Windows 10
>"Upgrade"

>upgrade
>windows 10
pick one

no

>gaming

Grow the fuck up.

Windows 10 is honestly better than 7 minus the adware and privacy stuff.

Just disable Cortana and the search bar is really nice. You can easily get rid of any adware bullshit. It is infinitely faster than Windows Explorer search on 7. Performance is actually a tad better on Windows 10. The UI is much better.

Seriously just try it for yourself. If you decide that the trade off for privacy is worth the experience, stay on the platform. If privacy is your first concern, use a Linux distro. Windows 7-8.1 also has telemetry now.

This is the best balance. I have my home rig running Windows 10 and my laptop running Debian.

DX12 is inevitable, you need to upgrade to Win10 if you're playing games.

Because of the release of win10 Microsoft now spends significantly less resources supporting win7.

They will continue to reduce their support of win7.

If you remain using win7 your system will become increasingly incompatible with new software. It will become increasingly insecure. Microsoft will continue to pay less attention to win7 from now onward. You are risking your personal security by using an outdated system.

If you like any DX12 geimus yes.

Does your GPU support DX12. If yes then yes. If not then don't bother.

if your gpu doesn't support DX12 then you shouldn't be even playing more than a few casual games and older titles anyways.

Also, DX12 optimizes octacore processors as well. If you're using an octacore AMD processor then yes DX12 is a must, you will see performance boosts on CPU intensive games.

>tfw literally only reason I upgraded was to get access to Powershell v5
>MS comes out with WMF update to allow for v5 cmdlets on Win7 kernel OSes

fuck my entire life

I let my HP-7900 auto-upgrade a week or so ago.
Then I unplugged the network and switched it off.
Yesterday I needed to format an SSD so I fired the HP up again and there was a notice about an important upgrade. How? The HP has been physically disconnected from the LAN for 2 weeks! The notice wasn't there when I powered down after pulling the LAN.