Mommy, what was the point of cyber cafes?

>Mommy, what was the point of cyber cafes?

You'd be surprised that cybercafes specially the ones that are japanese styled (Private Booths and an actual coffee shop that serves meals 24/7) are quite lucrative.

It's dishonest to keep calling them cybercafes, they're basically tiny apartments with internet access and basic amenities.

Printing your CV at the last minute
Also printers were clunky machines that converted data into ink and paper
Also paper were thin slices of trees you could write into
Also ink was a black liquid you would write with

>tiny apartments

Checking emails/forums/news etc. before mobile and/or public Wi-Fi existed.

All cafes that offer free Wi-Fi are the neo 'internet cafes' where you bring your own device.

>They don't get bathrooms.
>They don't get running water.
>They don't have a bed.

They have a chair (Comfy or not)
They have a desk.
They have either an ethernet connection or wireless SSID for each booth (Optionally a computer).

They literally have no ammenities that would equate it to a apartment.

>they don't get bathrooms
they have a shared restroom

Also trees were plan.... Uhh how do i describe this

So does the coffee shop.
Then again the whole fucking thing should be one big fucking apartment they even have to pay for food!

Wouldn't it be akin to a dorm?

Not unless they get a bed or a small couch that is literally nailed to the fucking wall large enough for them to lie down.

>cyber cafes?

per booth.

>Just shut up, mommy. I was just trying to be nice. I don't want you to tell the history of old technology.

They do have beds, running water and bathrooms with showers in some.

But are those in every booth?
Can you actually book them for more then a few hours in advance?
Can do they have a fiscal address you can use?

These are the attributes that define apartments.

They're like animals that spend all their time stuck in the ground and live off sunlight and rain.

Has communal living failed at every attempt or something?

I'd live to pay 80 a month to have a little fap-shack with a bed and desk, shared privay-capable bathroom stalls with a toilet/sink/shower in each one, and an open kitchen

I'm being totally serious, why isn't this a thing?
The only style of life that I am aware of which is even remotely close to it is the tiny house movement.

>a fiscal address you can use?

It's the truth if you're going to equate it to a dorm you're going to have to be able to live out of it and receive actual mail like it was your residence.

Japs do this with their tiny ass motels.
I usually rent out rooms in my houses to students 100€ a month + utilities with free internet and house cleaning on the weekends and the houses are basically a 4 bedroom house with a tiny ass living room a decently sized kitchen and a well made bathroom (with shitty plumbing that I need to replace) and a fucking pantry the size of 2 bedrooms.
Not to mention every room has couples beds and is actually cool during the summer.

>Note to self raise rent.

>having fun setting “shutdown /s /t 0” on startup before returning next day and seeing an “OUT OF SERVICE” sheet taped on the screen
>no point

If computer cafe was run by morons sure.

Money laundering