Trying to root my new phone and can't seem to get past this. Following the guide here. Any ideas? Be gentle

Trying to root my new phone and can't seem to get past this. Following the guide here. Any ideas? Be gentle.

androidforums.com/threads/zte-write-protection-for-zmax-and-other-zte-phones.1040331/

Other urls found in this thread:

howtogeek.com/125769/how-to-install-and-use-abd-the-android-debug-bridge-utility/
android-root-guides.net/tutorial/zte-grand-x-3.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

su reboot disemmcwp

su not found

Pretty sure you need to do this from a computer with adb

this

You need to be root to use reboot.

Yeah, use the computer

Set your computer up to be able to read the adb and do it from there. Don't even attempt to do this within the phone.

Attempting to use adb from my PC, but it doesn't seem like it's going to want to work.

Switched on OEM unlock and that seems to have resolved it. Will carry on from here and see how it goes.

Is debug mode enabled on your phone? If not, do so. It's something like tapping the build number in About a bunch of times. Then reconnect. It should ask for trust on the phone. Authorize it, then reboot through adb.

Yeah, I had USB debugging turned on, just not OEM unlock. Using this guide currently.

howtogeek.com/125769/how-to-install-and-use-abd-the-android-debug-bridge-utility/

KingoRoot is rooting it now. Hoping to install Android 6.0 on this ZTE Grand X 3 after I've done this, since I supposedly can. I've never messed with smartphones before, so I don't know the basics of really any of this and cobbling things together from various different guides.

Looks like it's stalled at 46%, does stalling often happen during rooting?

Just stuck on "waiting for device." Hoping this doesn't brick the phone.

Think KingoRoot was having issues with TinyWall. Trying again.

Congrats user

Now it's just stuck on the Cricket bootup screen after restarting. How fucked am i?

Can't turn it off or anything. It's just frozen on the Cricket screen. Shit.

Maybe connect to adb then reboot recovery? Or you might have to flash a recovery from adb.

what command would this be?

Well this root definitely wasn't successful. Have a feeling I'm going to be exchanging this back in for a new one then just not bothering with this again. :/

reboot recovery

Tried it, but nothing ever came up. No error or anything.

Yeah, looks like this thing is done.

Managed to get some screen to come up and it let me reboot and now my phone's working normally. It's a miracle. Now I need to run that root checker to make sure it's actually rooted.

WEW. what a thrill. Now time to install Android 6.0 next, following this guide.

android-root-guides.net/tutorial/zte-grand-x-3.html

This shit's probably straight forward and boring on older/more popular model phones. Been fucking with this off and on throughout all of today though.

thru bash:
apt-update
apt-get install su
xdddddddddddddddd

What's a good way to back up an Android phone?