DRM cunts BTFO

DRM cunts BTFO

wccftech.com/cdpr-ceo-rockstar-blizzard-bethesda-worlds-top-three-game-developers/

> The Witcher 3, we released the game without any protection. On day one, you could download the game from GOG and give it to a friend on a memory stick – it works. And still we sold near to 10 million units across all platforms. The piracy factor was irrelevant, because we cannot force people to buy things, we can only convince them to do it. We totally believe in the carrot, not in the stick.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamspy.com/app/292030
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How many PC copies were sold though?

About 100k

Does it work on Linux? I could buy it just to support the idea.

>By June 2015, over 690,000 players activated copies of the game through GOG Galaxy.

690k just on GOG Galaxy.

>DENUVOfags on sucide watch

based poles

This only works if your game isn't a piece of shit, so most of them can't use this strategy.

get back to your containment board

>And still we sold near to 10 million units across all platforms.

>across all platforms.

To be honest I'm glad this DRM shit happened, it helped me to grow out of video games.

And? You can't buy reputation.

Sold more on PC than on consoles combined, apparently. I don't believe it though, no numbers were given.

i thin it's winblows only

dude look out geralt is about to murder you

>implying anyone but the jewiest of distributors cares about muh DRM anymore

Damn marcin.

Also not Sup Forums

How to drm:
1: Don't be a shit company
2: Release your game with heavy drm
3: Rerelease it a month later with no drm
Watch in amazement as nobody cracks your games anymore because there's no fucking point.
>most people who were going to pay have already paid
>Pirates get to pirate a drm free version and praise you for this
But what do I know I'm a faggot

>I'm a faggot
At least you're right about that.

>But what do I know I'm a faggot
You truly are.

Or just do this and you can make money without being a faggot

>But what do I know I'm a faggot
Yeah, you're right. Only a Jew would know about how our retarded economy works.

*teleporst behind you*

>Watch in amazement as nobody cracks your games anymore because there's no fucking point.

yeah because you did all their work for free.

The pirates do their work for free too.

>Owners: 1,929,125 ± 35,808
steamspy.com/app/292030

>And still we sold near to 10 million units across all platforms

And Rockstar/Bethesda sell several magnitudes more.

CD PR is the rare exception where the attitude towards the consumer pays off.

But you all keep forgetting few important things.
Before Witcher 3 CD PR was not a well established brand in the western markets, so their "no drm policy" is was a very successfull attempt at creating a good image for the company.
Before Witcher 3 release CD PR was an LLC without any foreign shareholders that would dictate what the company should do. Now it's changed since they entered the WSE.
Compared to media behemoths like Rockstar and Bethesda, pre-w3 CDPR was indie-tier developer that could do whatever they fuck they wanted.

And to achieve such success without the use of DRM you are forced to release products that aren't garbage, which is what many studios just cannot afford to do.

underrated, this is important

The "just trying it" excuse is legitimate whether you fags agree or not

I've bought at least 20 games after pirating them first to check for quality and performance

This carrot was rotten as fuck though. Shitty game

Yeah but I don't think Witcher 3 cost 250 million $ to make.

This shit works by the way. I pirated Borderlands because it had no DRM either; years later I realized I put so much hours into it that I might as well buy the full version with all dlcs, and the sequel too.

>all these (You)s
Guess I'm really a faggot then