/spg/ - Smartphone General - Ignore the SD Spammer Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

Reminder to ignore and report the autistic SD spammer.

News:
>ZTE unveils the $99 Zmax Pro - 6-inch display, Snapdragon 617, 2GB of RAM (expandable), USB Type-C, fingerprint scanner, 3,400 mAh battery
gsmarena.com/zte_unveils_the_zmax_pro_with_6inch_display_snapdragon_617_chipset_-news-19474.php

>Final Android 7.0 Nougat Developer Preview is now available
gsmarena.com/final_android_70_nougat_developer_preview_is_now_available-news-19470.php

>Oppo F1s becomes official on August 3 as the next 'selfie expert'
gsmarena.com/oppo_f1s_becomes_official_on_august_3_dubbed_selfie_expert-news-19468.php

>Xiaomi Redmi Pro (formerly Redmi Note 4) to be unveiled on July 27th?
phonearena.com/news/Xiaomi-Redmi-Pro-formerly-Redmi-Note-4-to-be-unveiled-on-July-27th_id83289

>Meizu MX6 launches tomorrow in China
gizchina.com/2016/07/18/meizu-mx6-launches-tomorrow-in-china/

>Elephone S7 Specs Revealed: Helio X20, 3GB RAM & More
gizmochina.com/2016/07/18/elephone-s7-specs-apear/

>Two Nokia Android phones sporting 2K screens, SD 820 and IP68 certification leaked
phonearena.com/news/Two-Nokia-Android-phones-sporting-2K-screens-SD-820-and-IP68-certification-leaked_id83270

Other urls found in this thread:

kimovil.com/en/compare/motorola-moto-g4-2gb,motorola-moto-x-style
download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=d855&type=snapshot
androidauthority.com/lg-admits-g4-bootloop-problem-hardware-fault-669603/
rootjunky.com/amazon-ads-bloat-removed-from-the-motorola-moto-g-4th-gen/
amazon.com/ZTE-Speed-Black-Boost-Mobile/dp/B00RLUQGHS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ignore this
Fucking idiot who is polluting /spg/ with his SD autistic shilling.

bought a cheap chinkphone cos I'm a poorfag

was looking into instally Cyanogenmod on it but its not supported

searching online "(chinkphone)+custom ROM gives me no hits)

is there a way to flash it with some "one size fits all" ROM?

thank you

yeh. Instead of searching "chinkphone + rom", try searching the "name / make / model of phone + rom." It might help a bit and filter only the relevant results.

What's up with all these nexus and oneplus shills here? Or do people honestly hate having expandable storage on their phone that much? We're they molested by microSD cards when they were little or something lmao.

Because with Google Drive, Spotify, Dropbox, Google Play Music, etc, there is little reason for microsd card slots except for a "has everything phone".

Between all the services offered online, I have places where I store photos, music, and other data, and cost almost nothing. Microsd slots aren't a big deal and shouldn't be when buying a phone.

Android is laggy crappy shit that lags harder than a fucking constipated shit from an ass. I used an Android once and it took that laggy Lagdroid piece of lagshit 4 goddamn shitty hours of lag to lag its way into Google's botnet and then they sent the NSA to my house. I threw that piece of fucking laggy shit out the window and it even lagged on the way down because Lagdroid lags like a shitty poop from an ass (or butt) and then someone saw the piece of shit Lagdroid on the ground and thought I took a shit out the window so the police came to my house (3 days later because the person who called used a Samshit Lagdroid which is a stupid phone for dumb idiots) and I got a ticket for shitting out the window. After that, I bought an Apple iPhone. Not only does it never lag, it actually reads my mind and brings up what I want as soon as I think of it. I get mad bitches now because bitches love guys who use Apple products instead of shitty Lagdroid poop and I couldn't be happier. None of you fat neckbearded fat fucks could possibly understand how great it is to own an iPhone because you're all poorfags and virgins.

oh sorry I thought it was obvious, I did search for the specific model and everything and I cannot find anything that isn't the original ROM. no cyanogemod etc....

So instead of paying $30 for 128GB of local storage that will be with you 24/7 no matter where you go at faster than LTE speeds and cost nothing to use, you'd rather get slow unreliable cloud services that mine your data, rape your battery, give you 0 privacy and suddenly disappear if you you somewhere without internet access?

Interesting.

I have $340 neet bucks whats the best phone i can buy

what do you like in your phones

Can someone redpill me on band12 700mhz and it's functionality? Was looking at the samsung j7 and that's the only band it doesn't have compared to s7 by comparison for t mobile in the US. Doesn't the lower frequency band just penetrate further into buildings and such?

Just get a moto e and spend the rest on beer.

Unless you already subtracted the neetbux required to buy beer, then get a moto G. If you can save that till next month, you can buy a oneplus 3. That phone will last you forever.

Just don't spend all your neet bux in one place. It sucks having no money. I am also on neet bux.

If you're a neet then save that money for an emergency instead. Keep saving until you have at least 3 months worth of financial reserves in case something goes wrong. Then blow money on fancy phones.

Because I can't use a chinkphone

Where'd you get all that info from, or are you actually this stupid?

How many times when I'm on data will I need to fetch photos or important documents? Rarely is the answer, so I don't need to have it constantly there. Spotify / Google Play Music, and just about every other music streaming is free with Tmobile so I don't have to worry about music taking up space. Even better? Those services work on 2g speeds, so as long as I have a data connection , I can stream music.

Cloud services aren't slow and unreliable. Just because the read/write of a sd card is faster than LTE doesn't make cloud services useless. Also, cloud services don't run in the background, so they won't be mining your data, and if you aren't a complete idiot, you can even make it so they don't work on data connections and only work on wifi. Cloud services don't affect battery, since they don't run heavy in the background. Of course Dropbox and Drive will use data when in use, and when Spotify / Play Music is playing, but that's to be expected. I've got a TB free on Google Drive, so I pay nothing and expect little, but it still beats settling on a shittier phone with a
microsd card slot instead of getting the phone I actually want that doesn't have a microsd card slot.
"Suddenly disappear without internet access" - Cause when I'm in the middle of the forest I'll be really itching for music or my tax returns. If I want to listen to music where I know there'll be no data connection, I bring my ipod.

Try harder with your Sup Forumsmemes

Thank you panjeet, 5 rupees have been deposited into your account.

How much weaker is the snapdragon 617 compared to the 808? Trying to decide between the moto g4 plus and the moto x pure.

Battery life on the g4 should be better, and it's cheaper, but I'm not sure how the 617 will stand up over time.

kimovil.com/en/compare/motorola-moto-g4-2gb,motorola-moto-x-style

SD808 is more than twice as fast. it does overheat and throttle though like it's bigger brother SD810. if your'e not gaymin SD617 should be alright for casual use.

is there an android equivalent to imessage?

Because I literally have no use for it. The only files I keep on my phone are photos, docs from school, and fucking apps. No point in hoarding shit I can just stream.

my phone doesnt have expandable storage neither. dont really care for it.

Not really. If you're outside the states, WhatsApp. If you're in the states, Messenger, but some people refuse to use that.

Sup Forums im thinking of buying an iphone. I..I want to be a normal fag

>I..I want to be a normal fag
Get the latest Samshit phone for that. iPhones are now seen as a sign of homosexuality. Did you know that Apple's current CEO is literally a homosexual?

more "le norman fags xD" have androids than apples and dont listen to him samsung is cancer just get an htc or something or even apple is better than samsung

Why is samsung so hated? I'm about to get a regular S7, should I?

There is nothing more or less normal about any phone. I like iPhones, I owned both. Literally no difference in terms of normalcy. But flashing super expensive iPhone 6s Plus is something you need to live up to and own it, especially in places where such phone costs about 1000 euros.

Do I buy 1+3 or wait for next nexus? Coming from z3 compact it's starting to get real shitty for me.

Probably, yes. S7 seems like a good phone in all aspects. I'd get Nexus 6P though, personal preference.
If you don't mind ugliness of 1+3, get that one.

I have a budget of $300 what should I buy? What do you guys think about the Moto g4 plus 64gb? Nexus 5X?

Consider that I'd be getting Exynos.
Or should I just go for the HTC 10?

I always got high end Samsung and I decided to try cheaper smartphones recently.
After a lot of research I bought the Vernee Thor.
I'm really surprised how decent it is and how, as I thought, you can spare a lot of money if you don't need a great camera.

A few things are bugging me tho, so I'm looking to resell it and find a new phone around this kind of price (like max 220 $), please talk about it if you know any similar cheap phone that has :
- notification led
- removable battery
- gyro

I read about the ZTE warp elite for cheap phones, but it's not sold where I live.

PS : sorry for my terrible english.

LG G3 + 128GB microsd + extended battery. Nexus phones don't have microsd slots and the moto g4 has an ancient 1080p screen from the 80's.

>they need more than 32-64 GB max on their phones.

Literally what for.

32GB? What do you need 16GB for goy?

>LG G3
Is it still updated? Also I don't mind 1080p since I don't hold my phone 5 inches from my face plus it uses less power.

>music library
>movies
>tv shows
>usb storage
>torrents
>4K video recorded with your phone
All that shit can and will grow in size, it's nice to be able to easily expand the storage by up to 256GB if you deem it necessary.

>inb4 "just use le botnet cloud, you nothing to hide right? XDDDD--"

Yup, you can even install a CM ROM if you want to as well.

download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=d855&type=snapshot

Dumbphone user here. Suggestions for a first smartphone? Don't need that much, most interested in durability (for hiking, climbing and skiing) + battery life playing music + solid camera.

Looking at moto g3 for durability, radio and close to stock OS, or something in the $200 - $300 range that I can keep for a while.

Just bought a redmi note 3 pro to use on U.S. t-mobile how bad did I fuck up considering the bands it supports?

Where do you download your music from?
Would you recommend an LG G4 since it's also less than $300 on Amazon?

I get it, though. But I change my phone every two years or so and I just don't manage to fill 64 GB, not even close. I don't keep just about any shit on it or every blurry random pic I took. I also delete music I got tired of and videos I watched.

Atm looking for a new phone, Idk what to buy.

LG G3 is probably your best bet. You can jam in an extended battery and call it a day if you need more juice.

Do you guys do 2 year contracts or buy your phone outright?

>most interested in durability (for hiking, climbing and skiing) + battery life

iPhone SE. dropped 5/5s once too many times on solid concrete, nothing. fits in pocket perfectly, you wont even notice it. good battery, screen, 4k... I don't know how much it costs in America but I often hear its sold very cheaply and under price.

I torrent it like everyone else. Only takes like 2 minutes to download a complete ~90MB V0 VBR mp3 album. LG G4 seems to have bootlop issues and battery problems, I'd look for another phone in the $300 if I were you.

Are you this fucking poor and retarded? NEVER buy get a phone contract or get a phone on a lease EVER. They will cuck you to death and then some.

I've always bought my phones full price unlocked.

>640p 4" screen
user didn't say he was a homosexual turbo-manlet that had very bad eyesight though.

The reason I'm asking is I can basically get the g4 for 170 dollars (the extra money on the phone bill for 2 years) instead of buying it for 410 dollars. This is in Canada. Also by law after 90 days they have to unlock it if you pay them 50 bucks. If I don't get the g4 on contract, I will order a oneplus 3. The difference in phone bill is only 5 dollars. So I'd be out 525, plus 75 dollars per month on the phone bill. Instead of only out 170 dollars.

Guys if i buy a nexus 6p through project fi can i cancel the service and still use the phone with a pre paid carrier or any carrier

The G4 is reported to randomly die on you. Don't get it

Because they are ridiculously locked down and overpriced.

The LG G4 or the Moto G4?

nigga fuck you

With band 12 you get a ton more LTE coverage from tmoble, and hd calling

I've never even been close to filling my 32GB phones. Only autist neckbeards who need their whole anime connection will need over 64GB.

Sour Grape as fuck

Moto e, under 200$ but really durable

So I'm looking to get a new phone, I've got my s3 slowly falling apart and need a replacement. Cheaper is better, and I need to be able to continue to use my telus plan. Will the suggested $80 in the link fit my needs?

Convince me not to buy a Moto G4 Plus 64gb. Should I just wait for the new Nexus phone?

You can get a $50 gift card on Amazon right now if you buy it

Any recommendations on a phone with micro sd support, good battery, and solid camera under $200? I need it to work on T-Mobile.

Actually bought a Redmi Note 3 Pro and it's supposed to be here Wednesday, but I'll probably send it back because of the missing bands.

Enjoy a lifetime of regret for not having a msd slot

LG G3

>i use my phone to store my 2tb of anime and javs

>moto g3
> $200 - $300
Moto G4 is 150$ from Amazon.

Best phone for the cheapest price? I'm talking specs, I don't give a fuck if it can hold five sim cards or any other retarded gimmicks.

see Also wtf are JAVs?

And infested with ads so expect 0 privacy.

LG G4
androidauthority.com/lg-admits-g4-bootloop-problem-hardware-fault-669603/

You can easily remove the ads.

64gigabutt is not enough?
your phone is your only computer.

>being too retarded to remove the ads
rootjunky.com/amazon-ads-bloat-removed-from-the-motorola-moto-g-4th-gen/

FUCK OFF IDIOT
NO ONE LIKES YOU
READ THE THREAD EDITION
FUCK OFF FROM /SPG/ YOU YOU FUCKING DUMB KIKE

Bump?

Probably the zte speed

amazon.com/ZTE-Speed-Black-Boost-Mobile/dp/B00RLUQGHS

specs
>~$30
>4-core A53 @ 1.2 GHz
>1GB RAM/8GB internal + microsd slut
>5MP camera with flash
>540p 4.5" screen
>2,000 mAh battery

I seriously don't think it can get better than this.

You actually think it's just one person complaining about a lack of microsd slot on phones? Are you this retarded?

g4 plus has an sd card slot retard

BLU R1 HD 2/16.
Ignore the ZTE shill as usual.

I mean it doesn't have to be dirt cheap but thanks

>I'll pretend I'm someone else
FUCK OFF IDIOT
NO ONE LIKES YOU
READ THE THREAD EDITION

>KIKE
Implying you're not the kike trying to jew people into paying for streaming.

>I'm a smelly shill
FUCK OFF IDIOT
NO ONE LIKES YOU
READ THE THREAD EDITION

I'M NOT THE MICROSD SLUT SHILL YOU DUMB FUCK, I'M JUST SAYING HE'S NOT THE ONLY CUNT COMPLAINING ABOUT MICROSD SLUTS ELSE HE WOULD HAVE FUCKED OFF BY NOW. ALSO, WHY ARE WE YELLING!!!

>I'll samefag again because a cocksucking nigger
FUCK OFF IDIOT
NO ONE LIKES YOU
READ THE THREAD EDITION

>And infested with ads so expect 0 privacy.
ROot it

How much is oneplus or google paying you? Can I become a paid shill that shills crippled phones too?

>jumping through this many hoops just to have a false sense of privacy
LMFAO

MODS
BAN THIS FUCKING AUTISTIC SAMEFAG VERMIN
HE LITERALLY SITS HERE ALL DAY AND TELLS PEOPLE "HAHA IT HAS NO SD SLOT U IDIOT XD"

FUCK OFF IDIOT
NO ONE LIKES YOU
READ THE THREAD EDITION

>"MODS someone doesn't want to buy the crippled phones onplus and/or google is paying me to shill, can you pls ban him? Otherwise I won't get my rupees and I'll starve and die ;_;"

Can a Verizon HTC One M9 be used with other GSM providers?
Also, does the One M9 have a serious overheating problem? Was that overblown?

Nope you're SOL, Verizon variants of phones are CDMA cancer like the ones from Virgin Mobile or Boost Mobile so they only work with their native carrier.

Dont worry too much m8, he is a poorfag with a 8gb phone, that is why he thinks SD cards are important.

His life is already a joke.

You sound like a sour grape desu

Hit a never there did I?

Because who the fuck needs to carry more than 64GB worth of files on their damn phone? Are you poor and can't afford an external HDD for your files or something?

No you seriously sound like a sour grape. I have a 32gb htc one m8 and even I find the option to expand my storage pretty important. I'm fine with the 32gb that I have right now but if I need more storage space in the future I can easily upgrade it. The only reason you would hate something this useful is because you will never have it in the first place.

My g3 is dead but I like its back buttons, size, and the fact that ive no doubt dropped it like 25 times and it hasnt given a fuck.

1440p never seemed useful, when i need to actually use the phone its battery dosnt last very long at all, and the audio jack is unshielded so sometimes it crackles. Ive never had more than like 25gb of non-os space taken up even having a 128gb sd card and the most useful thing a removable battery was probably for was being able to reset the phone if it or a app started having issues.

If I like the phone I'll buy it is the budget and I'm in the usa. ive been looking at a 1+3 and htc 10 so far. I dont think i can go to a store and get a hold of a 1+3 and i dont know anyone with one but I think i might be able to go to a brick and mortar carrier and ask if i can hold a htc 10.

I need the lte bands for usa carriers which is a bummer, chink phones make the market so much more interesting than "just get a s7 or a g4", i'm going to play pokemon go, read, gps is important but maybe thats more carrier based, and I'm going to want nothing on the home screen while i use gestures for what i need, aesthetic idk.

While i'm at it, any usanons what carrier do you use? I'm paying sprint $45 for talk/text/2gb because my g3 was sprint locked. I feel like thats too much and it keeps me from streaming podcasts and junk.

Thanks in advance

>Movies and TV shows

user pls, we all know you are storing hundreds of gigabytes of hentai and weeabo shit to fap in your bathroom because your basement has no door.