How often do you guys switch to a new computer? How about smartphone? My comp's 4 years now, and phone is 3...

How often do you guys switch to a new computer? How about smartphone? My comp's 4 years now, and phone is 3. Is it time to switch?

I personally try 2 years using cellphone, and about 5-6 years using a pc.

Not working though.

i built my pc in 2013 and it's still good and i'm still using my nexus 5, whenever that came out, and it's still good.

Previously I would get a new PC every 5-7 years, depending on my finances. These days I perform incremental upgrades. It's generally cheaper than an entirely new build. My phone on the other hand I upgrade whenever my contract allows, so once every two years.

When it ceases being able to do what you want it to do?

>switch to a new computer
How do you get this new computer? Do you close your eyes and its magically switched? How does it get there? Does someone buy it for you?

I'll put together a new computer when I see fit, but with the minuscule advancements in processing power there is no reason to build a new computer.

i use my pc until the cum stains on the mobo get too thick and i cant wipe it off

are you me

This. Or it breaks.

About once a decade, or whenever it breaks.

Macbook Pro. Once every 7 years. Literally no need to do so more frequently.

They say you save money by going PC, but actually you just get cucked by having to upgrade more often, and use lower quality hardware/build quality, and an incorrect OS

>he thinks his macbook isn't a personal computer

>he's """technically right""" but gets cucked down in minutiae

i switch phones twice everyday. I just use tails

Untill it breaks. For all pretty much

2 years per computer, 1 year per smartphone

Depends if I need upgrading. I upgraded my PC in 2012 to a CPU with a 8350 and I've only upgraded my GPU 2 times, from a GTS 450 to a AMD Radeon HD 7850 to a GTX 960.

If there comes a time where midrange GPUs are too powerful for my CPU, I'll either wait for Zen or upgrade to Skylake. I don't expect to upgrade my CPU until the next line of GPUs like the RX 500 series or the GTX 1100 series.

As for phones, whenever my phone starts to show it's age. I upgraded this year from an iPhone 4S which I had been using since 2012 to a Sony Xperia Z3+, I don't plan on changing this phone for a while.

It really depends on performance now compared to back then, right now I'm happy with the performance I have thanks to the GPUs not being too overpowered for my CPU. If you're not happy with your computer/phone's performance, consider an upgrade.

Once a month. Why else would I be a wagecuck?

I built my PC at the beginning of 2013 (LGA1155) and I've incrementally upgraded it (i5-3570->i7-3770k, HD7870->R9 290X, added more ram, an SSD), and I bought a HTC One in mid 2013 and have yet to replace it, mainly because I feel like all of the current flagships are too big. Chances are I'll upgrade to a new phone sometime this year, and I'm sure I'll upgrade to a new platform, possibly Zen if it's not a disaster, within a year or two, which is what I'd consider the actual PC upgrade/replacement, since I'd be ditching a lot of stuff.

So we'll see, but it's looking like a four or five year cycle for the desktop, and maybe three for the phone.

I switch phones when the phone doesn't do it's job anymore because it's broken or too slow or something.

Aka when it ceases being able to do what you want it to do

I built my current PC in 2007. Since then I've upgraded the CPU once, the GPU twice, and that's about it.
Unfortunately intel-compatible DDR2 2GB sticks are stupid expensive ($80 to upgrade a decade old system? I don't fucking think so)

And the RAM is the only motivation I have to upgrade at the moment- it's the only thing stopping me from playing the newest games.

Not every often now because video game development is heavily console-bound. AMD is also so weak the comptetitors barely have to make an effort.

When I'm going to upgrade my Nehalem i7 to probably a Kaby Lake i5, it's actually going to cost me more than the cutting edge i7 did at that time. A lot of air in the prices these days.

PC when it can't run muh gaymes at 60fps without using medium settings or something. Probably every 5-9 years I replace the whole thing. Graphics cards are usually every 3-4.

Laptops I hardly ever replace because they're just latex/internet/anime machines.

Cell phones it depends. I upgraded from a moto G relatively quickly to an LG G3 because it was slow, but the G3 has thermal issues and I'd like to upgrade to a G5. I skipped the G4 because of the bootloop issues but I don't think I'd upgrade for years after the G5.

About once a day.

I usually get the latest MACBOOK from APLLE

Whenever I feel like it. My desktop is a mix from part I bought in 08 and 15. My phones tend to last 1-4 years. Laptops around 2-3.

For computer it averages about 5 years. Phone I replace when it breaks.

Only when something breaks really. If you don't play vidya you don't need an up-to-date machine anyway.

What?