/GOG/ - Getting Off Google General

Alright Sup Forumsents

Running Xubuntu here. I've ditched Chrome. Next up to get rid of:

- Gmail
- Drive
- Gmusic

Looking for secure, high quality alternatives.

Other urls found in this thread:

microg.org/
sync.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=hbkB_jNG-zE
wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox
github.com/henrypp/chrlauncher/releases
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>thinking you can escape the botnet

here are the alternatives

>Chrome
internet explorer 9
>Gmail
hotmail
>Drive
onedrive
>Gmusic
groove music

This one's for android.

microg.org/

Well, you're still gonna use Google's servers somewhat, but at least you won't have any proprietary APKs with root access doing god knows what with your phone. Most apps that rely on Play Services will work with it.

Oh, and you also get some battery life improvement out of it.

In the future all computers will connect to the cloud at startup via Google or some other company's cellular data network. Local HDs will be a thing of the past so there is no point installing shit like linux. Instead you should be learning encryption methods in order to avoid data mining/tracking.

Is there any alternative to google maps?

OSMand~, HERE Maps (proprietary). You can download the map data for the whole country and navigate without internet.

wikimapia

OP Here.

was looking at Sync for Drive alternative -- anyone ever use it?
sync.com/

As for gmail...was looking at Protonmail, but I don't know if I trust Mr. Yen:
youtube.com/watch?v=hbkB_jNG-zE

thanks, man. let it be known, you were instrumental in removing the Jude from my phone.

They DDoSed themselves for attention. It's a scam.

Jump reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally high and look down.

for e-mail, i use posteo myself. it is 1 euro/month. some may not agree with this choice, however, if cost is an issue with you, and especially if compatibility with e-mail clients is, it's a good choice. although even posteos web interface is fantastic.

>- Gmail
Home mail server.
>- Drive
Home NAS server you can access remotely.
>- Gmusic
Put music on NAS.

"I'll make my own Google, with freedoms and autism."

openstreetmaps

There are actually a bunch.

custom domain + zoho

Here in the Netherlands you have Transip Stack. Which gives 1tb free encrypted storage.
As an English alternative I tried Spideroak but it got stuck while syncing relatively often.

wait...sync or protonmail?

paper maps

what projection and coordinate system is the least poisoned by Jews?

wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox

>Home mail server.
I mean... Sure, it can be done, but there are several reasons why you're better off paying a known company to host your mail for you, namely that a lot of providers might write your home mail server off as spam simply for the message coming from an unknown provider.
There are plenty of privacy respecting options that are neither Google or Microsoft, and all of them are a better way to go than hosting your own mail server. It's just not worth the hassle that comes with this one.

It took me a month

Gmail = My own email server (yes I am Hillary Clinton)
Google.com = DuckDuckGo
Youtube.com = youtube-dl + mpv and OpenSSH for downloading
Mobile OS = self compiled ROM that runs off of AOSP Marshmellow without blobs and only free software
Google Maps = GNOME Maps and OpenStreetMap
Drive = your own server
Gmusic = DeaDBeeF and Apollo
Chrome = ungoogled-chromium self compiled Chromium with tested Wireshark to see if it spies which it doesn't
>Google Play Services
CoreGMS (only used for Signal)
>Google keyboard
Anysoft
>Chrome OS
Debian

fuck jewgle and their leftist bullshit, fucking literally almost as bad as Microjew

you're insane

You're my hero.

I want to bros but DDG is fucking terrible. It feels shitty being such a slut for convenience.

DDG is solid for me. They've done a lot
of good work over the past year or two.

Have you tried anything else like Startpage or Searx?

>tfw still using android

I use it without gapps though. My apps that I need are downloaded via racoon from the play store from time to time. For email I sadly still rely on gmail.

What I did:
I used iredmail to setup my own mailserver.
Owncloud for data, contacts and calendar.
Syncthing for syncing music. It is slower than owncloud, but I can specify where the music should go and I want to have all my music synced. It also uses more battery, so I just have it automatically turn on when my phone is charging.

Don't really recommend having your own mail server, it is a mess these days.
Your address gets flagged as spam and then you have to tell everyone that they should whitelist you (if they use outlook or gmail).
And if they do that, they have your emails anyway.

How difficult is it to set up an own NAS server? As a newfag.

What's CoreGMS. I have been looking for a Free alternative to jewgle play services but couldn't find any. Push notifications are must.

bump

>Have you tried anything else like Startpage or Searx?

I haven't, I'll check them out. And maybe DDG too again. My problem was whenever I googled programming shit, the results were way more relevent with Google

Startpage is nice since they proxy your searches through google afaik. Which means they still help google in some way..

Is it possible to use any ride sharing apps without any Google shit?

That's a meme, don't pay attention to this faggot

I've been using searx since I found it, it's perfect

>DuckDuckGo
lmao
you almost made it but then you use ddg

5 y/o humor but still laffd

>searx
Where does it get it results from, I'm a bit confused.

A bit of everywhere, it works a bit like startpage (taking results from jewgle) but allows to do much more

>- Gmail
>- Drive
run your fucking own
>- Gmusic
torrent shit or spotify I guess

hi dumbass, DKIM exists for a reason

ORRRRRRR

>Chrome
Safari
>Gmail
iCloud email
>Drive
>iCloud
>Gmusic
>Apple Music

it's over, the jews have taken over

if you don't find shit you can still use !g, but I doubt tards like you know that.

After I've set up SPF, DKIM and got a TLS cert from letsencrypt Google is quite happy to classify my mail as legitimate, and I think they're one of the more strict services in this regard. Perhaps having a valid AAAA DNS record helps too.

bamp

Android: Maps.me offline navigation vasrd on open syreet map.

>ways to avoid Gmail
>implying less than 99% of email addresses you'll ever be contact in use Gmail

>Gmail
Mail server
>Drive
Owncloud
>Gmusic
Spotify

Here's your fucking solution.

>Operating System
GNU/Linux, MacOS

>Search
DuckDuckGo

>Maps
Here Maps, Apple Maps

>YouTube
Vimeo

>Mail
ProtonMail

>Calendar
Local software (Non-SaaS)

>Social Media
Twitter

Not so fast, sexy punk.

"Our partnership with Yahoo helps us give you the best search experience possible. Of course, in accordance with our strict privacy policy, we do not share personal information with any partners, including Yahoo. To make this crystal clear, Yahoo has also published a privacy statement to the same effect. We're proud to work closely with a partner who is willing to work with us to protect your privacy. In addition to the existing Yahoo technology we had been using, our latest partnership with Yahoo enables DuckDuckGo to get access to features you've been requesting for years: 1) Date filters let you filter results from the last day, week and month. 2) Site links help you quickly get to subsections of sites. 3) All of this functionality is not fully rolled out yet, but will be soon! We've worked closely with Yahoo to implement these new features in accordance with contractual terms and our privacy policy. To be as transparent as possible, we've written up details on the technical implementation."

REVISION. Switch DuckDuckGo with Disconnect Search all search with any search engine without worry.

I would have hard time doing this.
Chrome is way too good to not use, they have the best PDF reader, and I use Chrome for syncing bookmarks between desktop and mobile, and I use their password manager.

>using online streaming botnets to listen to music
>not maintaining your own library of music
I seriously SERIOUSLY hope you guys don't do this

Iv got most of this setup as well but thanks for making a list. Good luck to everyone else getting off google

Paper maps and a sense of direction.

I have paper maps in my car for finding general roads and highways. After that, the street signs are there for a reason.

Never needed none of that digital map shit.

startpage > dpg

Your own encrypted email server
MEGA (synced folders = I'm literally cumming)
Bandcamp/preferred members only torrent site/memeify

bump

MEGA is owned by the chinks now, wait for Megaupload to come back.

DDG has been shit for years now
Are you surprised the guy selling your info suddenly sold out to Yahoo?

HOW ELSE CAN I CLEANSE MYSELF OF GOOGLE!!@@@@!%

4chin uses google for captchas, if you truly want to ditch google, you should go to reddit

or buy a Sup Forums pass. Where can I buy bitcoins?

is fastmail any good? looking to move away from gmail.

DDG.gg
Search and E-Mail.

Google is now only good for asking questions in the search field and 2nd opinion Image research

Its better to give out small random chunks to several online companies then everything to google.

P.S. use several different browsers for good measure that and clearing all history once in a while just to screw with Data collection.

>using shitty half-assed alternatives that don't work nearly as well
>not just embracing the botnet

is this what autism is like?

>email
protonmail
>cloud
ee
>using cloud
btw you can upload there encrypted stuff
>music
rutracker
>search engine
startpage
>browser
firefox
>maps
openstreetmaps

Download LibreSignal from F-Droid, it doesn't require Google Play Services nor CoreGMS.

i cant find it :(

github.com/henrypp/chrlauncher/releases
And change default browser type to ""dev-codecs-NOsync"

Libresignal is discontinued