You're seriously going to tell me that Linux is more complex than Windows...

You're seriously going to tell me that Linux is more complex than Windows? I can't think of a distro where the antivirus is constantly on, with only the option to temporarily disable.
I don't think running a couple of commands to disable a service is "more complex" than the stupid group policy editing bullshit fucking hoops I have to jump through just to disable the antivirus for more than a couple days at a time to stop the constant notifications from Windows Defender and the constant fucking disk usage.

no need for antivirus on Linux distros

>I don't think

> something is simpler
> complain

You shouldn't either. Why is it harder to type sudo systemctl xyz disable than click through some fucking retards convoluted gui in the search for some stupid key that I could've tab autocompleted?

No need for Windows Defender to detect a fucking PHP web shell when I don't even have PHP installed. No need for Windows Defender to constantly scour my disk without me asking or confirming.

>having to constantly captain mode to disable virus for crack

>open powershell
>Set-Location "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender"
>Set-ItemProperty . DisableAntiSpyware “00000001”
things that make you go hmm...

Right, proving my point that Windows is more convoluted than any Linux distro ever.
Try doing that for an arbitrary service without googling like I can.

So where did you get that thing from you are typing in there? Google? Windows tells you what it does right in the gui without ever accessing the internet and defender is activated because it is better than nothing. You do not understand what an average user needs so what the hell are you shitposting about?

Linux is for tech literate people, it is total bullcrap for people that don't care about computers in the autistic way you do, unless it has a dumbed down ui like android or chrome os.

Who said Linux is complex? The only reason it's "complex" is if you've used Windows all your life and need to adapt to a new operating system.

Now now Pajeet, we all know that you don't like your Windows Tech support job, but that doesn't make you "techie" or "smart" nor have the right to complain to this board as well as to a superior OS like Fedora or CentOS.

>free antivirus with daily signature updated and yet he bitches like an effeminate faggot
You can disable the WD activity in the settings (rtp)and you can disable the app completely also in the settings, additionally you can disable the service.
Any antivirus will create disk usage.

>go to settings
>uncheck "turn on this app"
>win defender turns off

how hard was that?

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

It's not an advantage. Having an antivirus is fucking stupid. It keeps picking up trivial shit I have and spamming my notifications. I don't need to be reminded 5 times in a fucking hour that there's a shell on my desktop. I put it there, and dismissed the notification each time.
It detects fucking source files. I lost a day's work on my botnet CNC because fucking Windows Defender "quarantined" it and deleted it. I'm going to facefuck Bill Gate's wife holding a Debian powered laptop, the CIA nigger.

>with only the option to temporarily disable.
Uninstall takes less than a minute.
Install takes the same time.

Lol
Just admit you're too stupid for fucking windows

You have to know what to type first. You have to be familiar with the operating system environment to do it without resorting to google.

I would have no problem navigating to the place to do this in Windows since I've become used to the environment. Linux users always complain about the "hard" stuff in Windows which is quite easy for experienced users.

Of course, it works the other way around as well. It baffles me that there are no real equivalents to standalone .exe files in Linux you can simply click on and run without having to do anything else.

>I have and spamming my notifications
Disable security center in services , I get 0 notifications from WD.

>Having an antivirus is fucking stupid.
If any Linux distro was as popular as Windows you'd need an anti-virus for it too.

Doesn't hurt to run a virus scan on your Linux install every once in a while anyway. You may not be affected, but you could still be passing it on to someone else.

this, how are you getting notifications? I never seen that shit pop up once

Windows is simple on the surface but complex underneath. GNU/Linux is complex on the surface but simple underneath.

>You have to know what to type first.
As opposed to typing "services.msc" to the start menu...

Maybe there is a GUI way of starting it, but I've never seen one.

Windows 7

Start>Control Panel>System and Security>Administrative Tools>Services

I never go in this way tho.

you can switch any arbitrary service on/off without googling?
getting skype to recognize your mic
getting a HP printer to print
getting your second monitor to extend the desktop in the correct direction
connect a bluetooth doodad via a 1$ chinese dongle

if so then why are you on Sup Forums and not earning 300k as the godemperor of linux?

>linux is hard, you need to use command line for everything!