Is Windows 10 usable nowadays? Or is it still a broken piece of shit?

Is Windows 10 usable nowadays? Or is it still a broken piece of shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>that chat log at the bottom left
holy shit is that real

I haven't seen any of these issues, seems like they are all pre-release or early launch. Closest I saw was the Ethernet claimed it was not connected, but it worked fine. And that was just on one machine which potentially had other issues.

Every new Windows version is buggy for a year after release, it's expected.

But Windows 10 is slightly worse in this regard. It still feels unfinished. Not just in terms of bugs, but the whole UI seems half-assed quickly slapped together shit made by some low paid interns.

I don't understand why anyone on Sup Forums would consider using W10. Yes, we are aware that 7 and 8.1 have some bad aspects to them, but W10 is even more of a disrespect than 8.1 is, now you relinquish your control over the PC.

At least on 7/8.1 you can remove the updates/telemetry, and go into task scheduler to remove the other botnet entries.
If you're in need of an OS just switch to Fedora or *buntu, they work out of box.

Sort of ok-ish - if you're careful. Not sure if there's proper Sup Forums howto out there, but in short:

You have to manage to disable updates _completely_. Also use enterprise/pro, do NOT use home edition.

Then use custom tools like whdownloader and such to manage updates in safe way (ie MS does not slip in some bullshit).

If you mess this up and allow updates w/o blacklist, your system eventually reverts to full MS bullshit mode (cortana, telemetry and all that jewery and most importantly broken driver updates which can't be reverted).

Of course you can also run win10 in complete goy mode as typical Sup Forums win10 shills do. Such system either works or breaks, and then is impossible to troubleshoot.

Windows 10 is still an inconsistent piece of shit and people actually defend it because it works faster than Win7 (no shit, it doesn't have 100.000 updates)

Its blog like these that confuse me alot much. Windows 10 is simply the best operating system of all time! Clearly only a fool would think otherwise.

> having to do all this bullshit
> to make the operating system functional
Nope Microsoft

I agree completely! Plus its still free to upgrade for another few weeks! That just shows you how much Microsoft cares for its customers because the want everyone to share the best operating system ever!

>it works faster than Win7

it doesn't, though. it even has higher system requirements now.

Im glad there are some intelligent people here you recognize this! I have been so satisfied with my Windows 10. Sure maybe there are a few minor visual bugs but everything is boudn to have a few. Although its also very apparent that Microsoft is so perfect in their products that there are only a very very minor few bugs to even begin with!

I'm building a new computer soon, and i need an OS for it. I would use Linux (I've used Ubuntu before and it looked fine) but i want to game on it.
I think i am just royaly fucked. Would get Windows 7 but they dont sell it anymore.

You have to understand shill logic:

boots faster = works faster/better

Somewhat amusing it's the exact same argument systemd shills are making.

I agree %target_name%, i have been very happy with my new Windows 10 computer. It runs much faster than any other operating system I have used and I wish I had upgraded sooner!

it's solid 9/10 desu

crack win7

and it doesn't even boot faster. they just added a new hibernation mode to trick clueless people.

sadly, win10 is extremely popular on neo-Sup Forums, which consists mostly of underaged gaymer fags from reddit and Sup Forums

if you want things for the future it works if don't stay with win7

At least 75% Sup Forums posters - as seen in daily census - recommend free upgrade from obsolete windows 7 in order to fully utilize potential of their PC.

[spoiler]it's just summer, is it ... is it? :([/spoiler]

The UI vomit inducing and inconsistent as fuxk.

Theres also other anoyances like no control over how updates are installed and constant background scanning slowing shit down.

I went back to 8.1 and it felt like an upgrade, Not just visually but also performance wise as well.

I'm using 8.1 on an old dual-core pentium and it's pretty good once you install classic shell.

>Windows has higher system requirements now
>2016
>800x600 screen
>2GB of ram for 64bit, 1GB for 32bit
>20GB of storage for 64bit, 16GB of storage for 32bit
>DirectX9 compatible GPU

If you can't meet those requirements in 2016 and bitch about high requirements you should fucking off yourself

Win 7 + Microsoft Toolkit or Daz Loader, check the MD5 checksum. These loaders are reliable (activations continue to work) and have been well researched. That is, if you get them from the original/proper sources. Which you can verify with the checksum.

It has higher requirements with the "Anniversary update" coming in two weeks.

In any case, I'm not complaining that the requirements are too high, just pointing out that the shills are lying when they say 10 uses less resources or that it's faster.

I use Win10 as my primary OS due to software needs.

Cons:

-As said, UI is garbo due to it being a mixture of win7, win8.1 and Win10 metro design that M$ doesn't seem able to standardize.

-Task manager and explorer sometimes freezes, which is unacceptable on a modern OS.

-other stupid bugs that should have been fixed a long time ago

-Updates consume bandwidth and change nothing that would make performance better or fix actual relevant bugs

Pro's:

-Feels smoother overall, especially on my 144hz monitor. Win7 had constant frame stuttering. It's like some pseudo-freesync that actually works.

-boots considerably faster

It would be even better if those tools were opensource but i can see why they are not. Don't want MS to patch the loopholes.

Im using ms toolkit on win 8.1 and its been working fine.

windows 10 or os x el capitan?

educate me Sup Forums

I dual boot with Mint 18, here's my take

Pros:
Boots faster, works better with multi-monitor and multi-DPI setups than all previous Windows and Mint. Great software compatibility and metro apps are a lot more seamless. Fast build updates if you're into that.

Cons:
Auto updates and telemetry are annoying. Need to use something like OOSU or Spybot Anti-Beacon to get rid of them. Having to use a Microsoft account for features is a pain in the ass. Defender is difficult to disable completely.

Started using 10 after picking up skylake.

7 is a bitch to install and i am too lazy for the work around.

Tbh i dont mind it. I just don't listen to the circle jerk that is this board, gets worse than reddit on here

Win10 also gets better FPS than any other OS for games, hopefully linux drivers catch up in the next few years.

>updates consume bandwidth

How is that a problem current year

Nah you just took the bait. Nobody here is seriously installing that crap to disk.

Is there a problem here?

oh boi, here we go

It is unfinished. All home users are beta testers for the enterprise version which gets updates later. That's the main reason for telemetry feedback and other bullshit

Apparently win10 searches for updates even during the setup now

stfu faggot

Is there some kind of problem?

>there is no preinstalled crapware on win10

Is their any reason to upgrade to 10 if your copy of 7 I'd working fine? My mom wants me to find out if it is worth it and so far besides all the spying shit that I have more or less disabled 8 haven't noticed anything. Then again I barely use the laptop that has it installed and I don't know if she would ever notice all the spying stuff

10 works fine. Up to date etc. sure the spyware shit if you care but you can disable a lot of things
like auto updates and all

PC boots quick. Havent had one error or BSOD

this is good too

safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/

How can you disable auto updates?

Depends . I have my drawing laptop and I need those touch screen gestures.

>all this trash on every new tab you open

"O&O Shut Up"

Services.msc

O&O is trash.

you sure convinced everyone, there.

It has always been usable and the most stable and secure Windows ever. Stop making these dumb threads, pajeet.

>installed win10 education
>no way to completely turn off telemetry
You lied to me

see

Fuck off Pajeet

stop trying to use microsoft's own settings to disable "their" telemetry. how stupid are people here?

use the damn tools suggested or switch to linux

if you have to ask you dont need to know

What did he mean when he said he would 'defecate on the competition'?

>everyone in a speccy thread is baiting
dumbass

Even if Windows 10 were free software, with no botnet shit at all, I still wouldn't use it
It's a horribly designed piece of shit

or better yet, stay on XP, 7 or 8.1

it means you ARE the loo

no, don't stay on unsupported swiss-cheese level exploited versions. especially when 2/3 of those have the same telemetry via updates.

>not using the posready 2009 registry hack to enable updates on XP until 2019
>not hiding the telemetry updates in 7 and 8.1
nice try rajesh, but your arguments are null and void

>WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU SO FUCKING ANGRY???
kek

>win7
>win8
>unsupported
Are you an idiot? Even Vista is supported for 1 year

>rajeet is too dumb to use proper software that just works
fuck off

None of the anti-telemetry stuff works. People have recorded data being sent to microsoft even with all of the anti-telemetry stuff. It's been a while since i read about this but i'm fairly certain it was because microsoft was renting access to web hosting servers so that if you connected to any of them the OS would start uploading telemtry information that wouldn't be blocked by your firewall (since the website wasn't owned by microsoft). Actually removing the software that uploads the data is practically impossible since it isn't open source.
I honestly think that Microsoft put 50% of their budget into making sure their spyware worked.

ive never understood the complaints with windows 10, as i've never had any of the issues people claim to have.
>inb4 shill

steam hardware survey says yes

Personally I'm pretty satisfied with it, upgraded my laptop and kept my main rig on 7.
On the laptop I mainly consume media (books, movies, sometimes gaems), code and do uni stuff on.

Have been using it for a couple of months and so far no reasons to complain.

Keep in mind though I don't really care about lots of stuff you might care about (botnet, customization, legacy support etc') but for my uses it's alright.

Only reason I can think of to complain is the new control panel/settings, it's a little too simplified when compared to 7.

Because shithead major isps are introducing data caps for land lines. And our government doesn't give a fuck. We get fucked twice.

Friend of mine works in a PC repair store.

he fucking loves windows 10, it's an endless revenue stream of similar problems, with completely unrelated causes. The best of which being the Windows 10 upgrade/installer, which can fail to properly install for a huge number of reasons - including what networking chipset your mainboard uses.

Once you replace the shit start menu it's great. Pic related, Classic Shell. Shit's good.

feels great knowing I'm using an OS that preinstalled all that shit for me. still dropped.

Could never find a way to fix this. I tried disabling transparency, or something. But then it just happened like this, where I can't really see through. No improvement.

My more normie friend chose to put all his shit on the taskbar instead. Honestly reminds me of the things people did to avoid metro, other than classic shell.