GTX 1060 $249

>1060 will never be $249 they said

Top kek. Damn this card is even better than I thought.

Other urls found in this thread:

geizhals.eu/?cat=gra16_512&xf=1439_GTX 1060#xf_top
geizhals.eu/?cat=gra16_512&xf=1440_RX 480~653_AMD#xf_top
techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_1060/11.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ITS EVEN $249 IN RETAIL STORES LIKE BESTBUY.

So should you buy a 1060 or 1070?

1060 for 1080p 60hz

1070 if you want to go higher

>back order

p a p e r
a
p
e
r

l a u n c h
a
u
n
c
h

>Live in some shithole in europe
>Sapphire 480 8gb 269€
>MSI GTX 1060 Founders edition 369€

Nvidia can choke on my dick

It was in stock this morning, but sold out in minutes

Hopefully they will get more stock in a few days

Why does every thread in Sup Forums need to be about graphics cards? They're not even that interesting

what would you do on a computer besides posting on Sup Forums and playing video games?

>mfw some random ass 1060 costs 350€ here

fuck graphic cards

fuck video games

to bad im europoor, in my country cheapest gtx1060 is 430euro

exactly i think wont be guying video card for long time, i really hate these americunts, getting good prices while whole europe gets shit on. Really fuck nvidia and fuck amd to because they cant fucking release custom 480 after fucking 2months card been out.

1060 = Best value GPU you can possibly buy

It's almost getting to the point where it's more convenient to buy a fucking console if you're yurop.

* For DirectX11 games.

it same price as 980gtx in my country, fucking joke, and 100euro more expensive than 970gtx.

That includes DX12 as well

>best value
>performance will tank in a year once nvidia is pushing its replacement

Uhh no it won't, Nvidia has great support on their cards, unlike AMD

AMD FANBOYS ON SUICIDE WATCH.

I have bought zotac amp for $280 and for the first time i will own nvidia card, amd fucked up so bad that even old amd fanboys converted to nvidia, dx12/vulkan can't fix anything.

already ordered my zotac amp gtx 1060 from amazon problem?

K E K
E
K

look at this good goy

No they do. It's just not the same after a year or so.
Trust me I'm a doctor.

Actually Nvidia cards just keep getting faster with driver improvements.

I think you mean AMD cards. nvidia has been proven to use drivers to reduce card performance when they want to force people onto newer cards.

Wrong, AMD cards just keep getting worse, while Nvidia ones get improvements.

Seriously you must be delsuional

>rise of the tomb raider
>dx12

You must be a very smart and informed person.

>He doesn't know about Crimson.

>no freesync
>outdated displayport with no VR compatibility

y waste ur money?

They only need to sell 1-2 to make it seem like it sells like hotcakes when it's really just a paper launch. Considering how quickly it took aib partners to push out their versions, it's very likely there aren't many actual 1060 in existence.

>why does a site populated almost entirely by young males and founded for weeaboos care about something whose main application is video games

>50% more expensive than 480 in my country
Guess 480 it is then

nvidia hasn't gimped anything

thing is, nvidia actually releases cards with decent drivers, while AMDrones have to wait a year or two to get decent performance out of their space heater pajeet cards

and let's not talk about REEEEEsync breaking with every fucking driver release

you nvidiot, anvidia gimps the shit out of all kind s of cards, it's the only way they sell new ones to idiots like you. the list of nvidia ripoffs goes on and on. enjoy your 3.5gb and gimped drivers

>AMDrones initially called Pascal a house fire because the gtx 1080 FE ran at the mid 80s C
>they had to shut up about that once Polaris was revealed to be a lot less power efficient and run a lot hotter

>AMDrones endlessly shitposted about the gtx 1060 allegedly going to cost an arm and a leg so it wouldn't be competitive with the rx480
>it's actually just $10 more for better performance and power efficiency

Boy do I love watching AMDrones eat their words this generation.

you mean $50 more, not to mention a paper release

It's not $249 in the places that matter

geizhals.eu/?cat=gra16_512&xf=1439_GTX 1060#xf_top

I always wondered about this, Is there any proof of Nvidia gimping performance on older cards?

>people complaining about $800+ dollar cards
vs
>people complaining about $200+ cards

Nice comparison dumbass.

I'm actually impressed there are some at $250. There are others at super retarded prices including $330 however.
It's a nice thing for all of us, but I would still go for the RX480. Most of the games tested are DX11 and of course it's going to beat the RX480 on them. Vulkan and DX12 are the future, the RX480 will undoubtedly be the better card, moreover with AIBs coming soon; but either choice, the 1060 or RX480, is fine.

This

I saw some of the benchmarks and it's hilarious how they did stuff like choose battlefield 3 instead of 4 to make the 1060 look more powerful

geizhals.eu/?cat=gra16_512&xf=1440_RX 480~653_AMD#xf_top

RX480 here

The price difference alone should make RX480 a much better value for money.

Review "msrp" and real world prices are so much different, and you have to evaluate the cards again in terms of value.

RX480 4GB goes for 250 euro
RX480 8GB goes for 270 euro

GTX1060 goes for 300 euro

Not worth it the price imo

Is there a single reason to buy a 480 now ?

DX12/Vukan

Cheaper price.

Can you afford house heat during winter?

RX 480 4GB > GTX 1060 > RX 480GB

8GB*

wheres the RX480 4GB? On that list it would probably be around 135-140%

>Price/performance DirectX11
RX480 > GTX 1060 > RX480 8GB

>Price/Performance DirectX12/Vulkan
RX480 > RX480 8GB > GTX 1060

>Average Price/Performance
RX480 > RX480 8GB = GTX 1060

>thing is, nvidia actually releases cards with decent drivers, while AMDrones have to wait a year or two to get decent performance out of their space heater pajeet cards
Seeing as the cards from both AMD and Nvidia are within 5% of each other in every tier on release, I would pick AMD every time. AMD makes overkill hardware with shitty software. Software is the only thing that can improve a card, and they do improve the software. It's a smart move long-term in every aspect.

Too bad they're bleeding money and whenever AMD makes cuts, the software guys get let go first.

>GTX 1060 worse than RX 480 8gb only in meme games

wew

Longterm future. Its only gonna get more and more support

You do know most of AAA games will support dx12, right?

When should we expect them to restock?

If you're checking casually, months from now on.

If you're like a hawk, either check every hour on sites or nowinstock.com or write a program that alerts you when stock is available by making a program visit, and check for whether or not certain image is available. "add to cart" vs "out of stock" word.

If you're buying a $250 you're not worrying about the long term.

dx12 and vulkun will not be a factor for a few years still.

The 1060 hands down dominates the 480 in dx11 and is almost on par with it on DX12, expect for certain titles (tomb raider, ashes of singularity). AMDrones on this site cling to the idea that DX12 and Vulkan are the future but why would one particularly care about that on a ''budget'' card? Let us be honest here, people fucking hate windows 10 and AMD doesn't have enough market share for people to care much about Vulkan either (successor to mantle). I doubt that either DX12 or Vulkan will be any relevant, but lets just assume that they will in 2018/19, realistically. Just think about it, those cards will be worth absolute shit by that time anyway. It's 250 bucks ffs, it's not like you're investing half a fortune in that thing.

Also would the 1060 be a good upgrade for my 680? 1080p still runs on High settings but the card is a blower, so the noise is killing me on load.

Stock rx480 is about 10% faster than oc'd gtx 1060 in dx12 what are you on about?

Maybe you can just put up a third party cooler on your 680 ?

Its a factor right now if you play games like DOOM or Total War: Warhammer.

If we assume 10 games of DX12 per year(there's about 20 games using DX12/Vulkan right now) and 2+ each additional year accumulating due to API usage increase, and assume you intend to keep the card for 3 years, thats about 55 games roughly using DX12/Vulkan in the next 3 years.

That's not really worth the effort imo. The card doesn't run particularly hot either (about 78-85C) under load. It's not much considering it's age and that I never changed the termal paste.

How big is that advantage over on DX12? If it's just mere 10% it's not worth those games. Really not trying to fanboy here, but I couldn't care less about getting 55 or 60 fps. Also what about gayworks? How many titles are gonna be released on that?

I was just saying. 680 is a good card and if you're only annoyed by the noise, it's cheaper to just install a 3rd party cooler.

Yeah it still runs stuff very solid, but there is another limiting factor for me and that is the 2gb of vram. I really would hold onto this card for longer if I had bought the 4gb version back in the day.

>1060 will be 980ti performance
>nvidiots

>goyworks
Not many. Everyone has seen through their lies. Nvidia has done their job already in showing AMD's perceived "driver overheads" with Gameworks.

1060 is about 7% better on DX11 games. Its about 15% worse on DX12/Vulkan games.

10% is the difference between $400 and $800. Aka 980 ti OC vs 1080 OC

Fuck me sideways yurop pls.

Isn't that like 100 euro more expensive than AMD shit?

>back order

BF3 the cards were closer, BF4 the 1060 is ~25FPS higher

techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_1060/11.html

It's just behind the 1060 at 116% but that's for shitty reference mind.

Nope, they are at same price

The funny thing is every Nvidiot will now point at the Time Lie score and say it beats the 480 in DX12 when in gaming it's a slightly different story (Especially if you factor Vulkan into the equation). Kinda pisses me off that 3Dmark sold out to Nvidia like this really. Of course Nvidiots will swear blind there is no issue with that benchmark not fully understanding why it runs the way it does (and no I am not just talking about async compute since there are a lot more factors to consider with DX12 than that and most don't understand what is going on underneath the hood anyhow).

>live in shithole in Europe
>RX 480 330 euros (reference card)
>GTX 1060 370 euros (cheapest aftermarket)
FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU

Thats the 8gb model, the 4gb model is cheaper and would indeed top that chart.

I think the joke is that prices for components are 20-30% higher on this side of the pond for no reason. I just got myself a 1070 and paid the equivalent of 700$ for it in euros. And that's the regular price for it from a store, not some ebay reseller.

It wouldn't because 4GB lowers performance

The 1060 does beat the 480 in DX12.

TFW it's £270

Not enough to make a difference. Its only a minor memory clock reduction and if you think you need over 4gb at 1080p you are insane.

Fucking hate this new meme "AMD cards age better". Fuck off, the only reason old cards are seeing improvements is because they are writing the driver to best fit GCN architecture (which cover cards from HD7700 to RX480).
Look at the HD6XXX series and tell me how good it has aged. When they will have a new architecture they will drop support for GCN cards in less than a year.

what about the other benchmarks?

Blame the Brits lol

>1060s literally available in brick in mortar stores
>paper launch

how about you read what it actually means before you spout random shit

Why didn't you get a 980 ti then? They go for cheaper don't they? They're neck/neck in terms of performance even with OC on both.

>catzilla
what?
>unigine heaven
oh yes, i love 64x tesselation on every texture regardless of whether it needs it or not.

>my fucking face when Gtx 1060 costs the same as an RX 480 in Norway

This shit is slightly under 300 euros. It's bonkers, literally no reason to get an AMD card here.

better?

I know. But people just take it for granted when there is some shady (atrynsic shady) business going on with that benchmark. You cannot compare apples to pineapples using Time Lie. It uses a broad paintbrush instead of playing to the strengths of both architectures like it should. It punishes GCN by not fully loading the hardware.

Does the GPU-encoding hardware not change? no benchmarks for that?

>play 9~29hr sets
>wondering if the 1080|60 encode could go faster than 220fps.

>AMD can't into tesselation
>AMD can't into drivers
>AMD can't into DX11
>RX 480 best card

>literally no reason to get an AMD card

Pretty much. AMD is dead now.

in dx11 games, it loses to all- EVERY DX12 game and Vulkan game save Talos.

(yes it even loses in DX12 Tomb raider in the latest patch, reviews that have DX12 tomb raider 480 vs 1060 with the 1060 winning are neglecting to mention they're running on an older version)

Talos Principle is the only game running one of the newer APIs that it legitimately loses to.

DX11 it actually loses in a couple scenarios too, like the division, which is surprising

Sounds an awful lot like a conspiracy theory to me. The simple explanation is that the Time Spy is fine and the 1060 is actually faster, which is obviously true in games as well.

>implying you can see the difference between 16x and 64x tesselation
>implying nvidia has drivers
>implying AMD doesn't have DX11 support
it's like you're retarded.
oh gosh look you are.

>They go for cheaper don't they?
Not around here they don't. Plus the 1070 is slightly more powerful if you believe benchmarks, and supposedly has better cooling due to a "new" generation of cooling solutions.

>mfw AMD loses in Memes of the Singularity benchmark
How the fuck are they losing in a game endorsed by them.