/fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread

Previously on: Welcome to /fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread.
Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions about GNU/Linux and share their experiences.

*** Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly GNU/Linux Thread. ***

Before asking for help, please check our list of resources[*].

If you would like to try out GNU/Linux you can do one of the following:
0) Install a GNU/Linux distribution of your choice in a Virtual Machine using VirtualBox or other software made for this puporse for safety purposes.
1) Use the Live ISO (if your distribution of choice has one) to boot directly into the GNU/Linux distribution without installing anything, that way, you can get to experience the GNU/Linux operating system without installing it.
2) Dual boot the GNU/Linux distribution of your choice along with Windows or macOS, this is recommended if you want to know more about the GNU/Linux operating system.
3) Go balls deep and replace everything with GNU/Linux.

Meet the /fglt/ team:

IRC: irc://chat.freenode.net:6667/flt (6697 for SSL)
If you don't have an IRC client, you can use a web client:
webchat.freenode.net/?channels=flt
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/flt
WEB: fglt.nl/

* Resources:
Your friendly neighborhood search engine (searx, ixquick, startpage, whatever.)
$ man
wiki.archlinux.org (Most troubleshoots work on all distros.)
wiki.gentoo.org (Please see comment above.)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Category:GNU/Linux
prism-break.org/en/categories/gnu-linux/
linuxcommand.org/tlcl.php
gnu.org

Friends:
# - /t/'s GNU/Linux Vidyo Thread
# - /t/'s GNU/Linux Vidya Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=16dbAUrtMX4
youtube.com/watch?v=19knRjL9w3Q
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LnGpTrXalwGVNy0PWJDURhyxa3sgqkGXmvNCIvIMenk/edit#gid=0
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Conky#Gmail
askubuntu.com/questions/32499/migrate-from-a-virtual-machine-vm-to-a-physical-system
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Adblock
Use Ublock Origin
Also HTTPS Everywhere

As for the rest of your question: the problem is that Windows has exponentially more attack vectors than GNU/Linux. There's all sorts of clever attacks that can root your computer and run malware against your will, they don't even have to be zero days. And Anti-virus software isn't impenetrable, far from it. One common example to spread ransomware are Microsoft Word macros. And there was an exploit back in the day (like in 2006) that rooted your computer if you loaded a fucking icon (.ico) file. So that's the level of vulnerability we're talking about. Windows is broken code built on top of broken code. Not even the Microsoft devs know the shitstorm they're dealing with.

Attacks on Linux that try to root your computer simply don't happen. The system is hard built to always require admin permissions either through the root user or the sudo command for temporary permissions. To get malware on Linux, you have to willingly install it yourself.

OP, do you have loads of these images premade, or do you make a new one yourself for every thread?

Thanks for answering.

So do you mean,

1. That hackers can remotely install malware on a Windows laptop even if I only use a limited user account all the time? (along with all the measures I mentioned in my original post.)

2. Do you mean Linux is simply more secure because it is less common? Or is its structure inherently more secure than Windows? (I'm guessing both are the case. I'd like to know which factor is more critical to enhancing Linux's security.)

If the first factor is the principal reason why people recommend Linux for security, I have got to say I am not impressed. I would like to know if there are fundamental structural difference between Linux and Windows that makes Linux a inherently more secure operating system.

>The system is hard built to always require admin permissions either through the root user or the sudo command for temporary permissions.
Isn't only using a limited account on Windows basically the same thing? You log in as either administrator (root user of linux) or enter admin password in prompt windows as a limited user for temporary permissions (the sudo command of linux)
I don't see why they are different.

What are some good resources to learn about setting up a server? Should I just searx and go have a look at a few links?

Not him but after a while on Sup Forums they build up and there are a few people that usually create OPs for /fglt/ once the old one reaches the limit. A good starting point is to wget the entirety of rms.sexy

By disabling Flash and Java, you're certainly reducing your attack surface, but you're still vulnerable simply by being on Windows and relying on an anti-virus when push comes to shove. You're downloading installers for programs over the web, putting an awful lot of trust into this random guy for his exe to not fuck up your computer (and more often than not, no one can even audit his code because it's propietary and he's just giving you a binary and no source code released). If your system is compromised by malware (that got in through an install of something, through a USB, through a macro, through absolutely any of the many vulnerabilities you could have) and it roots your system, you're screwed. Any malicious agent can do what he wants on your machine in the background because he's got you, figuratively, by the balls.

Linux is simply more secure because it was designed from the ground up to follow strict user permission systems. Windows only adopted it and morphed itself into having user permissions until much later in its versions. So they're always going to be vulnerable to exploits that allow malicious users to circumvent them without the little pop up of "user acccount control" appearing for you. The fact that it's less common is only incidental, but sure, that provides a certain buffer as well. Any script kiddy with the right tools can get into a Windows machine. You have to have some serious knowledge to trick someone into compromising his Linux machine.

What kind of server is it? Reading some administration books helps.

Pretty basic, just to act as a Dropbox sort of thing (fileserver?- I think seafile is suitable for this), to stream video to my laptop/phone (I hear VLC can do this but I need to investigate), act as a Vpn and be a NAS basically, so not exactly really high tech stuff but I'm pretty new to Linux

Well some distros have metapackages for webserver stuff. You should look into kodi, openvpn and owncloud(I think it is called differently now).
Vlc can do it, mpv can too.

You are really helpful. Thank you for educating me.

>you're downloading installers for programs over the web, putting an awful lot of trust into this random guy for his exe to not fuck up your computer (and more often than not, no one can even audit his code because it's propietary and he's just giving you a binary and no source code released).
But how is installing .deb files different to this?

>If your system is compromised by malware (that got in through an install of something, through a USB, through a macro, through absolutely any of the many vulnerabilities you could have)
Are you saying that these vulnerabilites are not present in Linux? What aspect of Linux neutralizes them?

>Any malicious agent can do what he wants on your machine in the background because he's got you, figuratively, by the balls.
Let's say I just accidentally installed a malicious application on Ubuntu by running a .deb file. Are you saying that this app cannot sit in the background and do shady stuff unlike in Windows? Is it the sandbox feature that is preventing the malware from wreaking havoc?

>o they're always going to be vulnerable to exploits that allow malicious users to circumvent them without the little pop up of "user acccount control" appearing for you.
Have there been any examples of this happening? Do they happen often or rarely and your assumption is theoretical?

Whats a good xfce theme? The default one is meh.

>But how is installing .deb files different to this?
It isn't; don't download .deb files from random untrusted sites.

>But how is installing .deb files different to this?
Downloading an .exe from some web page on the internet is granting them a lot of trust, because typically (unless it's an open source project) no one apart from them can see the source code. An analogy could be: let's say you have a friend who is sort of notorious for withholding information. He asks if one of his buddies can crash at your place, and he vouches for him. He says his buddy will cook for you in exchange for the couch while he's at your place or something. When you go to work, you're trusting that this buddy guy is only going to stay on the couch, in the kitchen cooking, and maybe doing harmless activities like watching TV. You're trusting he's not going to go through you house looking for valuables. That's the amount of trust you're putting into your friend and by consequence, his buddy.

In GNU/Linux, distros offer official repositories that exist for this very issue. Repositories curate packages, hundreds of people review their code and maintain/patch it to fit the distro. You're not trusting your friend, in this case. It's like your trusting your whole hometown vouching for this guy AND you can read his buddy's mind, because he's transparent. You can install .deb packages outside the official repositories, sure, but unless you trust the uploader, you don't have the same level of security. Installing software directly from the internet is therefore seen as an insecure and bad practice, not to be done often if you can help it.

Continuing in next post

Posted this in the previous thread but I was too late -

Hi all. Want to install a distro on my desktop for some software development, shitposting and VM stuff. I'd also like to try a hardware passthough to a kvm VM.

I'm fairly comfortable with linux as I've used it plenty at work and I've tried lots of VMs - what's my best option? I really want something that won't get in my way and need shit tons of configuration and reconfiguration after every update - but I don't want to wait months for new packages either. I was thinking Debian just because it's a simple distro that I can bend to suit my needs, but I just want to check in for some advice as I haven't used it as a "daily driver" before.

>it isn't; don't download .deb files from random untrusted sites.
guessed so.
so repositories are reliable and random .debs could be dangerous, i take it. (right?)

>An analogy could be: let's say you have a friend who is sort of notorious for withholding information. He asks if one of his buddies can crash at your place, and he vouches for him. He says his buddy will cook for you in exchange for the couch while he's at your place or something. When you go to work, you're trusting that this buddy guy is only going to stay on the couch, in the kitchen cooking, and maybe doing harmless activities like watching TV. You're trusting he's not going to go through you house looking for valuables. That's the amount of trust you're putting into your friend and by consequence, his buddy.
>In GNU/Linux, distros offer official repositories that exist for this very issue. Repositories curate packages, hundreds of people review their code and maintain/patch it to fit the distro. You're not trusting your friend, in this case. It's like your trusting your whole hometown vouching for this guy AND you can read his buddy's mind, because he's transparent. You can install .deb packages outside the official repositories, sure, but unless you trust the uploader, you don't have the same level of security. Installing software directly from the internet is therefore seen as an insecure and bad practice, not to be done often if you can help it.
This really cleared it up for me. Great analogy. Thanks.

Now I just hope the rest of the questions could be answered. Then I will go on a Google journey to learn about this all and stop bothering you with my noob questions.

What's the difference between Debian Unstable and Debian Testing? Which is better for average use?

>Are you saying that these vulnerabilities are not present in Linux? What aspect of Linux neutralizes them?
GNU/Linux comes from an UNIX background. Like I mentioned earlier, it handled user permissions from the get-go. Strict rules are hard-coded into the system which cannot be circumvented. You simply can't trick your computer to do an administrative action, even in the background, without explicit user input of the password. The one vulnerability your system could have is if someone gets their physical hands on it. But by that point, anybody would be screwed (unless you encrypted your drive, which you should!)

>Let's say I just accidentally installed a malicious application on Ubuntu by running a .deb file. Are you saying that this app cannot sit in the background and do shady stuff unlike in Windows? Is it the sandbox feature that is preventing the malware from wreaking havoc?
If you accidentally installed a malicious program, that's on you. It very well can sit in the background and wreak havoc if you let it. It may be possible to recover, but I certainly hope you have backups anyway. Running things in a sandbox definitely helps, but depending on the implementation, it can be rather easy to break out of. Are you talking about chroot?

For truly secure sandbox environments, you gotta go to Qubes OS. But that's waaaaay beyond the needs of most people.

>Have there been any examples of this happening? Do they happen often or rarely and your assumption is theoretical?
Literally any virus/worm/malware/keylogger/ransomware/etc that has infected any machine since Windows account control was introduced. They didn't really go ahead and ask, did they? They just kind of bashed the door down and went in.

Testing is basically where they build up the next release of Stable.

Unstable is where they do testing of bleeding edge software. If you want a highly reliable system take Testing over Unstable.

>unless you encrypted your drive
AND fully powered-off the machine.

And one amendment:

Of course, this doesn't mean Linux is absolutely impervious. Clever shit can also mess with it
For example the BadUSB exploit a few years back.

But fortunately the fix was as simple as telling your Linux system to not automatically connect to USB's (if you had to plug in a shady as fuck USB. Which meant for normal users this is a non issue)

This however still puts it miles away from Windows

Yes, if you wanna be extra careful

This depends on you, testing goes through a freeze phase and is a bit later with security patches than sid or even stable but has newer software than stable. The good thing about testing is that almost all bugs are already known by the time it hits testing. I would recommend upgrading to testing and using it until you encounter a bug or issue and then upgrade to sid if it is already resolved there. Make sure to have apt-listbugs and apt-listchanges installed.
Actually experimental is the real bleeding edge release, but nobody other than maintainers use it. Unstable is fairly stable for a rolling release distro if you are not completely new.

Thanks so much. I'm so glad Warosu is archiving these posts. I can refer to them later to revision.

>Literally any virus/worm/malware/keylogger/ransomware/etc that has infected any machine since Windows account control was introduced. They didn't really go ahead and ask, did they? They just kind of bashed the door down and went in.
Yeah you have a solid point there.

But please permit just one more stupid question: Can malware somehow skip Windows Account Control prompt windows and install itself when a limited user account is using the computer?

As you said, malware has been installing itself surreptitiously without triggering WAC prompt windows all the time. But most of those cases were when an admin account was using the computer, right? (which is like at least 95% of the instances Windows is used in the world, i take it)

For malware, is skipping WAC prompt windows and installing itself when a limited user account is using the computer basically the same as doing ditto when an admin account is using the computer?

Or does the difference (the limited user account is using the computer, not the admin) pose some more (however minimal) huddles for malware to jump over ?

Does anyone have any experience using OSx as a linux user?

I do a lot a of programming and graphic design for work, currently I have a dual boot of windows for the graphical stuff and linux for daily use and programming. However this is a really cumbersome set-up as I'm constantly having to switch between the two, and I simply prefer Linux over windows for mostly anything.

OSx seems like a nice middle ground since it has pretty much all the proprietary software I have to use for work while maintaining a unix like environment.

Sounds like you should run a Linux VM over the Windows/OSX and do all the work not requiring the special software in there.

If you're dual-booting already you could literally just point a VM at the other partition, with minimal setup needed.

File browser is 10/10 but I don't really like anything else about the UI other than notifications.

It may pose a minimal hurdle in some cases, but very insignificant.

Even if your current account has very limited permissions, it is still vulnerable. Of course, you're reducing the attack surface again (because if you can't install an .exe that is bundled with malicious software, it can't get to you. But you also won't install the program anyway so it might as well not exist), but you're still weak to several other methods of intrusion (like Word macros, infected USB's, drive-by-downloads, etc etc). Remember that Windows is always vulnerable to being rooted and circumventing all the preventive measures you put in place.

The act of using Windows on a limited user account is not really something that makes a more experienced user safer. It's something you use as an admin to prevent your users from doing things you don't want them to (like installing .exe's you don't know about). It's a precaution more against people that "can't into computer", more than an active self-defense measure as the owner of your computer. It's more something you do in your house to make sure your mom doesn't install cooltoolbars.exe

Software help
Best music player
Best image viewer
Best Video player

Can some one give me a solid list im new

So I'm not a technology illiterate and I'm planning to learn programming soon and its time to Install a linux distro
The problem is that I dint know which distro is best for programming environment and the wiki is too neutral
Which distro should I go for /fglt/? bonus points if its dual bootable

> Best music player
mpd+ncmpcpp
> Best image viewer
feh
> Best Viedo player
mpv

is mpd+ncmpcpp new user friendly

well he asked for the best not the friendliest. Just because he is new does not mean he is incompetent

mpd
sxiv
mpv

None of the best software is. You gotta git gud or you'll be stuck with point and click garbage your whole life. ;)

The ones I'm using

But to give you a few to check out that are easy to use
>Music
Clementine, Rythmbox, Banshee
>Image
Viewnior, feh
>Video
mpv, GNOME mpv, totem

can sxiv open gifs

>music player
No one will agree on this.
>image viewer
I think most just use the one that's built into their DE. That's what I do. I use GNOME's called eog AKA EyeOfGnome and it's nice.
>video player
VLC or MPV

I'd say just start with Ubuntu if it's your very first time using Linux. Once you get your feet wet with Ubuntu, then you can try other distros easier. All the popular repos have access to all the compilers and tools you need for programming, if they aren't already installed by default.

Yes. I wouldn't bother with an image viewer that couldn't animate my dank maymays.

>Best music player
Clementine, Amarok, Deadbeef, Banshee
Try them all out to figure out which you like the most
>Best image viewer
Nomacs
>Best Video player
mpv, definitely

>Best distro for programming
There is no best distro for programming. What you will soon realize is that most distros are pretty much the same. And most of the popular ones come installed with everything that you need anyway.

I don't know of a single distro that is not dual-bootable. As far as I know they all are. It's all about partitions, bby.

Ubuntu is a good choice, like this guy says. There are plenty of flavors like Ubuntu GNOME, Lubuntu, etc that just use a different DE to Unity, which many people dislike, but that's personal preference.

Another good choice if you want to have your hand held a bit less but learn more in the process and end up with a much more robust system is Debian

>All the popular repos have ...
Also to clarify, I meant "popular software/package repositories"

Thanks user God bless you
liking my gnome

go back, you got answers there

So I'm by no means a beginner to Linux, been using it for a couple years now and can usually troubleshoot on my own. Right now I am just trying to install Kali on a laptop (I know I could run it in a VM but I'm doing it for a friend who specifically requested it and blah blah blah...). The problem is once I try to boot into the installer it juts goes into a black screen and stays that way. Once I try and boot into the live image it takes around 5 minutes and then finally winds up on a black screen with a blinking cursor.

foobar200 on wine (please no bully)
ahoviewer
mpv

>best
The one I am using
Music player highly depends on user preferences, some may prefer quod libet, cmus or just mpd
Some people may think of feh as bloat since imagemagicks display exists and it should be installed on every desktop system anyway. Or others may like viewnior or another gui viewer better. You could even use --loop-file in mpv for images.
For video some people might want some kind of frontend for mpv or another gui thing. Only because you like it doesn't mean it is the best.

>You simply can't trick your computer to do an administrative action, even in the background, without explicit user input of the password.

Unless you configured your system to not ask for the password each and every time.

>a black screen with a blinking cursor.
That's some haxx0r shit right there brah

OSX is it's own little thing which does tons of things a bit differently so it's annoying to use for seasoned Windows and Linux users.

Help me user:((((

Maybe you burned the ISO as UEFI when his computer only uses Legacy BIOS? Or maybe the other way around: maybe his computer is configured as UEFI-only and you burned the ISO as MBR

Install debian, add the kali repos, install gnome-core, install all the kali bullshit, set the kali wallpaper and add a root password during install.

Could you give me some practical examples?

won't a vm impact performance? I do some pretty heavy 3d rendering from time to time

arc-theme?

Installing Debian - what DE should I use? This is for a dual screen desktop, so I'm not inclined towards LXDE. Perhaps XFCE? Or KDE.

>DE
GNOME
>No-DE
i3

Windows is shit and it's only getting worse. Microsoft spends like 90% of their R&D on Azure now, they know their shitty desktop OS is only good for games and excel spreadsheets.

keyboard shortcuts are different (@ is on right-alt+l for example, also in some shortcuts ctrl and alt are flipped)

General Window controls like resizing and moving Windows.

Menus on top of the screen vs on top of the window

Not like on of those would be inherently better than the other, it's just annoying if you're used to one of them and then have to use the other.

>DE for multi monitor
gnome 3.20
>WM for multi monitor
dwm compiled for multi monitor

The hell's Azure?

>xfce theme

There is no such thing. Your screenshot is irrelevant and shows nothing. There are xfwm4 themes, there are GTK themes, there are Plank themes (your dock). There's a bunch of other themes for various things too.

Numix

Thanks both of you!

I'd encourage you to not use mac.

They have an extremely shitty closed-garden policy. They actively make it difficult for 3rd party repair people to service Apple products, and prosecute them legally sometimes. They charge insane amounts of money for repairs

Besides, using Macs is rather annoying. Apple always has *their* way of doing things, and if you don't do things *their* way then you can fuck right off.

In your case, GPU passthrough would be a fantastic yet complicated solution, so you can have only your Linux OS and inside, a VM with Windows with full GPU access. But again, this is complicated and it's better if you have two graphics cards for this. It's doable with just one, but still.

But I can still get to the start screen?

MS's "cloud" hosting platform

see

Is there a simple and good Window manager

user, that's the "Elementary" distro using the "GNOME" desktop environment.

The heavy proprietary nature of macs is a huge turn off for me, I was mostly considering it for how much it would help my work flow.

Thank you for the answers, do you have any reading I could do on the VM with full gpu access?

Or install Elementary OS :)
I have no problem with it, it just works and I don't have to install and tweak million of stuff on it to make it "workable"*. I know it's objective but still, it is a good start distro for normies and new people.

I didn't say anything against it. I was stating which distro it was and which DE it was. Calm down

Elementary is so bad it made me start using GNU/Linux one year later than I would have if I tested any other distro first.

Unfortunately I don't have much for you as I haven't personally tried to do it. You're gonna have to do a lot of legwork

But here are some resources nonetheless

youtube.com/watch?v=16dbAUrtMX4
youtube.com/watch?v=19knRjL9w3Q
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LnGpTrXalwGVNy0PWJDURhyxa3sgqkGXmvNCIvIMenk/edit#gid=0

ok kid

sorry user, my bad.

And please, before you do anything, back your shit up. Both your Windows and Linux stuff. I don't wanna be responsible for ruining your day

>ok kid
Why do people feel the need to post this?

I would like to know about some of these as well.
I'm using Clementine for music, ahoviewer and mcomix for images and mango, and mpv for video playback.

What I liked about foobar the most is the file searching. The results weren't the dumbshit artist or albums, but the folders they were in. It made it very convenient to include a folder of several albums or artists at the same time without overlapping with other albums with similar titles.

Ahoviewer is nice in that it can read compressed files and it has the handy booru browser, but it has problems. I don't know why, but it refuses to recognize my up+down/left+right keys. It also takes its damn time opening up when I have several thousand images on the same directory. Also, the Booru browser is a huge memory hog. Several hundred images on *booru will make it hog all of the memory.

mpv is amazing. I had to read some of the manual, but it's super comfy.

Because children are inherently inexperienced and dumb. People say "ok kid" to imply that the person they're talking to is equal to a stupid, inexperienced child.

Because kids like you get super butthurt about it and that's fun to watch.

>>Because children are inherently inexperienced and dumb
t. someone who has never worked or been around children

found the teenager

absolutely ERIC. :^)

found the ageists
can we go back to talking about linux again?

>uses the term 'ageists'

inb4 underage b&

Can we go back to acting like adults please

Battery life on my laptop (a little over 2 years old) has gone to shit and it's overheating, beginning to think I need a distro/DE that's less of a resource jew than Mint Cinnamon

Was considering Xubuntu, but XFCE doesn't seem to like my Fn shortcut keys, it won't map them (actually one of the great things about Cinnamon is that it does)

What else should I try? Wouldn't mind learning how to use Linux a bit better, but I'd like to avoid a distro where shit breaks every other day

I've got a Pi that will never see the luxury of a safe shutdown, so I want everything to remain read-only at all times. I tried specifying ro (options defaults,ro - will reversing the order of those help?) in the kernel line for the root filesystem options, and even setting ro in fstab don't seem to work.

For now I've got /etc/rc.local remounting / as ro, which works, but it leaves the fs writable during boot, which leaves a window open for possible issues if the power is cut at that point.

What's a proper way to keep the root fs read only at all times?

>I'd like to avoid a distro where shit breaks every other day

The people who say that Gentoo/Arch/sid have this problem don't actually use them. You won't have major stability issues just because of your choice of distro.

Implement your own init and never mount / as rw.

fedora keeps freezing the display after running a while
restarting the display manager unfreezes the screen again, but that seem like an inconvenient way of using a desktop system
resizing the virtualbox window, in which fedora is running also updates the screen once
this shit happened on multiple display managers already and I have no idea what causes it.
The terminal opened by C-A-F2 works, however, so at least it's certain that this happens somewhere in the graphics system.
Which parts of the system might be involved in this?

>resizing the virtualbox window, in which fedora is running also updates the screen once
try running it on real hardware and see how it runs.

>never mount / as rw
This is the goal, but something in the boot process is ignoring the kernel line and fstab and mounting as rw anyways.

It's Void with Runit, btw.

I am new to linux, if I type clang --version and this happens:
clang version 3.8.0-2ubuntu3 (tags/RELEASE_380/final)
Target: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /usr/bin
Does this means I finally was able to do it(install it)?
Now how do I use it in visual studio code, I click the debug green arrow and it says
Unable to start debugging. Program path '/home/devlin/Desktop/Source.c' is missing or invalid.
This is how the launch.json file looks like:
{
"version": "0.2.0",
"configurations": [
{
"name": "C++ Launch (GDB)",
"type": "cppdbg",
"request": "launch",
"launchOptionType": "Local",
"targetArchitecture": "x64",
"program": "${workspaceRoot}/Source.c",
"args": [],
"stopAtEntry": false,
"cwd": "${workspaceRoot}",
"environment": [],
"externalConsole": true
},
{
"name": "C++ Attach (GDB)",
"type": "cppdbg",
"request": "launch",
"launchOptionType": "Local",
"targetArchitecture": "x64",
"program": "${workspaceRoot}/Source.c",
"args": [],
"stopAtEntry": false,
"cwd": "${workspaceRoot}",
"environment": [],
"processId": 6666,
"externalConsole": false
}
]
}

>not using this version
SHAME

>the GNU/Linux pharmacy
Nice.

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Conky#Gmail
Isn't this a little risky? Also, whats a good document viewer that handles heavy pdfs without trouble and it's riceable? Setting up my Debian for productivity while I study.

is there a quick way to copy over the whole system to a bootable medium?
because reinstalling the OS and every piece of software I installed seems to be a bit much to reproduce the bug

DD-wrt + Cantenna + xfinitywifi = Free Internet?

askubuntu.com/questions/32499/migrate-from-a-virtual-machine-vm-to-a-physical-system

>phoronix is the unique website where you can find linux benchmarks
>he test the 1060
>he doesn't test it with dota 2 vulkan
>for the AMD gpu he used the open source drivers instead of the new drivers that amd are currently doing

Is phoronix the unique guy doing linux benchmarks ? Is there someone more serious ?