FUCK windows 10

So I broke down and got Windows 10 after Windows 7 Crashed.

Surprise, surprise, after installing some updates, Windows 10 claims it cannot start my computer. The three options provided to help me start my computer do not work.

I reinstall Windows. After working fine for a few weeks, the same thing happens.

Can anybody tell me why anybody would use this piece of shit operating system?

Why are there ads in my start panel? Why is there something called "Cortana" which, as far as I could tell, had no discernible personality at all (thus not requiring a name at all)? Why, inexplicably, did virtual disk systems stop running exactly every time I tried to open diskmgmt, and only when I tried to use diskmgmt (a program which indeed, relies on vds to function)? Why did the fucking time on my computer change every hour, on the hour, to 9:00PM the previous day?

Is Bill Gates personally fucking with me? Is there some joke I am not clued in on? Are there people, in the world, deriving satisfaction and utility from Windows 10, in any way at all, other than steam?

I've been using Linux for 5 years now, mainly debian, which I just installed on my computer, with ZERO problems and everything working as it should. Only recently did I try Windows 7 and then Windows 10. I cannot for the life of me figure out why anybody thinks Windows is a good idea.

When will Windows just die? The only thing Microsoft has ever done right is the Xbox 360 controller.

Fuck Microsoft, I hate this fucking company, and the operating system is a clusterfuck and frankly, a joke.

Try Arch. It just werks.

"Can anybody tell me why anybody would use this piece of shit operating system?"

Vidya games, of course.

I bet these people recommending arch are MS shill

I'm sorry to hear that. I understand that you have a problem with "Windows 10 claims it cannot start my computer". First let's try restarting your computer.

Salty lincucks.

>i can't use Windows correctly so it sucks

No friend, you're just retarded

I am not salty, I am exasperated.

I cannot figure out why it is possible this piece of shit is known at all. This is one of the most frustrating experiences I've ever had with an operating system, ever, bar none. Not because it is difficult, but because it made no sense. If I want to check the partitions on my computer right now, I simply type lsblk, which makes perfect sense. "list block" devices.

On windows, when I desired to see how my disk was partitioned, I have to open diskmgmt, which simply did not work, as every time I ran diskmgmt, vds would stop running. I would then turn on vds, required by diskmgmt, only to have it turn off when I started diskmgmt again (on basically a fresh install).

There is no explanation for this behavior. Can you think of one instance where, for instance, lsblk has failed at all on a unix system? And for help, I have Pajeet online telling me I'm basically fucked?

Why are basic system utilities not functioning in a system I paid a large amount of money to use?

Why is nobody outraged? Why is there no recourse? They sold me a clearly broken operating system, which cannot even perform simple tasks, such as list partitions, tell the time, etc.

I know Windows Vista sucked hard, but Windows 10 really, really, really sucks. It makes no sense, its ugly, it doesn't work, etc.

>he MUST be a troll

>Why, inexplicably, did virtual disk systems stop running exactly every time I tried to open diskmgmt, and only when I tried to use diskmgmt (a program which indeed, relies on vds to function)? Why did the fucking time on my computer change every hour, on the hour, to 9:00PM the previous day?

Those are not normal signs, contact MS tech support. No, Im not joking, I dont have your PC in front of me right now and cant say anything, since I dont have any info.

I was using Win 10 at two PCs so far, one being my current PC at work (it came pre-installed) and didnt had such problems.

>Why are there ads in my start panel?

Because you didnt disabled it at settings. It is retarded that it is on by default, tho.

>Why is there something called "Cortana" which, as far as I could tell, had no discernible personality at all (thus not requiring a name at all)?

Because Win 10 is supposed to support "continuous work" aka being able to work with same OS on your desktop, laptop and phone. Phone Cortana is basically MS version of Apple Siri or how is she called, what you see on desktop is "lite" version, that have options to "learn" about you and get more "personal" over time. It is horror from the privacy side, tho, so people often disable it completely. Just ignore this function and get rid of it.

>Can anybody tell me why anybody would use this piece of shit operating system?

As everyday Win 7 user, I see two pros - actually fast search by start menu (in 7 and 8.1 it never worked fast or even properly for me, this time it is much better, surprisingly - but it might be just me, since co-worker laptop with Win 10 Home, have abyssal slow search, probably since it use web searching as well and she cant really disable it at Home) and build-in virtual disks mounting.

It is not as bad OS as I expected to be, really. Not enough to make me switch from 7, unless I will get new PC and will have to do fresh install.

Never had a problem before with it. Sorry OP. Next time to a fresh install

>xbox360 controller breddy gud
hahaha I lost it. 10/10 excellent pretend to be a stupid fucking retard fuckface thread. youre a fucking champion.

>Because Win 10 is supposed to support "continuous work" aka being able to work with same OS on your desktop, laptop and phone

That sounds like a marketer came up with the concept and took it to the programmers.

>synergy, make it happen!

The Xbox 360 controller is objectively the best designed controller in history of controllers.

>left analog higher than right
>ultimate easy access to dpad
>fits totally in hand
>easy access to bumpers and triggers
>diamond button layout

let me guess, you prefer the playstation controller? for stupid fucks?

>Indian shills and /v manchildren in full damage control.
Pathetic.

win10=win7 with a dildo up yo ass

I'm with you OP, I'm gonna switch to Debian pretty soon.
Win10 redpilled me

Windows sucks because it has no documentation for serious users. Just do yourself a favor and install Linux. There's no arbitrary limitations on what you're allowed to do and you can actually find out how parts of the OS work instead of manipulating your mysterious black box OS with shitty GUI tools

But Search Everything has been better than Windows search for years, why the fuck would you upgrade an entire OS for file search?

This is why MS is the worst

They ditch standards before they're even finalized, no UI consistency is a clear sign of major issues in a company.

>Crashed
Ok, retard, whatever you say.

switch your regional settings to a third world shithole like Bulgaria, Poland, Belarus, anything like that
there are no ads nor cortana here because we're too irrelevant for microsoft to give a shit
you can stay on english language but the ads disappear

>edge
>bing
Its a virtual machine, isn't it?

>That sounds like a marketer came up with the concept and took it to the programmers.

Yup. I already have "continuous work", by simply using portable drive.

Thats why I said that I dont really see a reason to change my Win 7 to Win 10, unless I would need to do clean install. In such case, I would rather pick up newer OS.

>file search

I was rather thinking about launching programs or opening folders via Start Menu search function. Yes, I know, there is Launchy or how it was called, but still.

Works on my machine :)