God damn Qt Creator is comfy! Post comfy software!

God damn Qt Creator is comfy! Post comfy software!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dP1xVpMPn8M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

have a free bump

I am interested in learning C++, is QtCreator (MinGW on Windows) a good place to start?

DrRacket, IDE for the Racket programming language. Best highlighting/tracing of variables/definitions ever.

pretty comfy tbqh

I get hard when I open her

comfiest editor of them all

inb4
>microsoft shill

Aww yiss.
It's a pity that I've got to work with convoluted Java monsters at my job which can't really be tackled without a full-fledged IDE...

Is that Visual Code or Visual Studio? Studio is good, Code is slow.

Most beautiful editor around imho. Still kinda sucks because of the lack of features and shitty plugins.

it's code, and not sure wen you used it the last time but it improved alot, I'm using the insider preview and it's faster than what I've used before (Atom)

It's a great IDE for C++. You don't even have to start out with a Qt app, just make a plain C++ project. Get some C++ basics down, and learn how to get basic OOP shit done in C++. Then move on to learning Qt, starting with how to make something basic with the designer, then figure out how to hook up events (like button clicks) to your own code. If you have a background with C# and windows forms, it works a little bit different from that. Don't be discouraged if it seems odd at first, it'll come to you with a bit of practice.

cheers, nice triples

Be sure to program some happy little trees in your application.

>exclamation points

Anything from jetbrains is nice

I know, but its just soo slow on older machines. My T61 barely keeps up with it.

this
It was perfect if applying layouts was more intuitive.

Also QGIS.
Also Code is way faster than Atom, which I consider hilarious since electron is basically GitHubs project

Pic related. I'm using the 5.0 alpha and the new syntax highlighting/analysis/prediction using Clang is fucking amazing. Too bad it's slow on huge projects.

BEST

Qt Creator vs. Visual Studio?

Console2 on Windows with bash from mingw is pretty comfy. Helps me cope up with Windows.

>vim

Monodevelop on linux is comfy

Great for simple console projects and cross-platform support with gtk#

fuck it im gonna ask a random Qt question please god help me: i'm trying to shove a QWebEngineView into an OpenVR overlay but i get an error when the view's FBO is bound to the wrong context (Qt's vs OpenVR's). any Qt gods know how i can assign an existing context for a widget (QWebEngineView)?

Acme is the most comfy piece of software

Is there any way to use qtcreator in a way that doesn't push Qt libs when I'm not writing a Qt application?

It's the best c++ ide I've used on my machine otherwise.

This

I always wondered what acme feels like. Could you give an emacsfag a basic description of how it's usage feels?

the botnet is comfy

Best browser on the market

VS wins in debugging because of their graphical debugger, QtCreator in every other aspect.

Pretty comfy imo

Yes, just select Plain C++ Project in new project dialog.

>js and css
>comfy

only if you're a masochist

youtube.com/watch?v=dP1xVpMPn8M