DDOS attacks

So I was wondering (what with scriptkiddies shitting on my Pokémon Go) are there any countermeasures to DDOS attacks being developed that seem especially fruitful? It seems like it's gotten so easy to pull off that 13-year old virgin potatoes in their mom's basement can pull them off. I remember Sup Forums using CloudFlare on several occasions, but are there any decent ways to handle this in the future?

Fuck off, the gyms are mine

I see, master Quadriceptor.
You must be a Yellowfag.

the way to resist a large distributed attack is to be larger and more distributed

That's all we can expect to counteract it for the foreseeable future? Because that's such a shitty situation. I wanna read Erdogan's emails but shitters won't let me.

Yep that's the truth

You to can be like them
Just buy a booter for $100 and go ham

God fucking dammit I hate how mainstream media portrays these as dangerous hackers when they're fucking retards with a dragon dildo, no friends, and sociopathic traits that drive them to hate society. Kill all scriptkiddies.

>ddos attacks on Pokemon to
can autism really go this far

No fun allowed, homes.

dross

Pro tip: The 'ddos' attacks have simply been the increased load when the game open up in new countries. Script kiddy shitters are taking advantage of that and claiming it's them to sell botnet time. Don't listen.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJ

WATCHING THE SIMPSONS AND SMOKING A CANDLE
TWO CANDLES
THREE CANDLES
AND I SAY FOUR CANDLES...

the bart sittingly

for you chatran mustache!

know dad

I don't understand what's happening here anymore.

Why is everyone getting high?

una vela

>oH sIr yEs SpIt On Me YeS YeS eXpLaIn Me YuR mEem SiR

inside jokes are funny

THE LIE IS OVER BOSTERO.....

What is happening?

OHHH NO OHHH JANNIEEE HELP PLEES HELP ILL LICK UR BOOOTS YES YES PLEASE KILLL THE INVADERS PLEES

Look at the unique IP to post ratio.

CHUPENME LA PIJA YANQUIS PUTOS

>Pokemon Go having centralized servers and not using the phones people are playing on to create a mobile ad-hoc network

What's wrong with the yellow team :3

pls get me a working version of this gif

los juguitos

Theres only one solution.

lomand.xyz/websolutions

This

Do you read Turkish? Because they are all in Turkish.

what the fuck is this thread

are the skids invading it?

>Oh look, a flood of IP connections that I can't possibly handle simultaneously, these can't possibly be a fraudulent attack on my systems and are all legitimate users and must be served individually.

Computers are fucking dumb.

>what is copy and paste
>what is Google translate

>are there any countermeasures to DDOS attacks being developed that seem especially fruitful?
Not really. You can harden yourself against certain types of attacks, but there is no bullet proof solution against layer 7 (mass http requests) and layer 4 attacks (syn flood). If I make tons of requests to a webserver, how does the DDOS protection know which are legit and which are malicious? At best you can only make an educated guess. Plus, no matter how well I protect myself, if they have 3Gbps of attack bandwidth, and I have 2Gbps of total bandwidth, they are gong to knock me offline.

>It seems like it's gotten so easy to pull off that 13-year old virgin potatoes in their mom's basement can pull them off.
Not unless that 13 year old has a botnet down in that basement too. That's how most of this is done these days. Even during Anonymous raids, people will drum up LOIC, but in reality its 1% LOIC and 99% anons that control botnets.

>I remember Sup Forums using CloudFlare on several occasions, but are there any decent ways to handle this in the future?
That's basically what you do. You buy service from someone with much fatter pipes than you, who has the scale to generic a massive blacklist of malicious hosts, and the engineers to implement a large number of hardening and scrubbing methods.

more like sysadmins are retarded

valve handled several DDoS attacks just fine and you're telling me nintendo can't? come on

There is no magic switch that you flip to enable DDoS protection. Valve can handle it because they've been DDoSed for years so they are constantly adapting their systems to handle it and have been doing so for years. If they had just launched, they would be just as vulnerable.