Alienware m11x r1 gaming laptop thoughts

thinking about getting one for my brother, is it good for gaming? i know the processor is shit but for his first gaming pc should i get it for him?

Now THIS is b8

Are you serious about getting a 'gaming' pc or just bait? Because if you're serious I can find a decent deal for you (Not alienware but just in general)

no seriously i want a gaming pc

R1? That is old as fuck, I had one of those 6 years ago. The processor really does suck, as does the TN panel which has terrible viewing angles.

It does have decent battery life (5-6 hours) for a machine of its age, but the hinges broke on me twice in 3 years of use. Common issue.

You do realize that in order to have a DECENT pc you need AT LEAST 1000 dollars.

yeah i got my PC while it was on sale (only spent $950) and it didnt work very well.

i returned it and then bought it again a couple of weeks later for $1150 and it was much faster.

Imagine how much faster it would have been if you'd spent another 200

im going to sell the computer to my friend, re-mortgage my house and then buy it back for $250,000
i expect it to be at the top of most benchmarks.

if you need a good and cheap gaming laptop check out eurocom
if you want the best for your money, build a pc yourself
if this is bait
>kys

I think alienware is overpriced, go for Asus Rog serie. Plus they are as silent as my dead grandma.

This laptop is a notebook, only good for casual using and bad for games.
The better tou can have know is an i7 with a gtx980m look for this. Don't go under gtx970m if you want to run games like fallout4.

>gayman laptop

Most integrated GPUs these days are faster than the discrete GPU in the m11x r1.

How much are you paying for that? In this day and age it would be a waste of money. Just find him a laptop with an 860m or 960m and call it a day.

>is it good for gaming
It is. It's also heavy as fuck, especially with the backpacks that they sell them with. How about you get a normal laptop and a Desktop for gaming? You'll definitely pay less.

"If we brand it hard enough and add some stupid LEDs and shiny plastic, and charge a premium, even the biggest NEET won't be able to resist our shit hardware"

I second that, i bought an asus with a 860m and have a solid 60fps in fallout 4 with medium-high setting.
You can find one around 700$ i guess.

>m11x
>heavy as fuck
>good for gaming

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

>buying a second hand dell
>buying a second hand alienware pc
dont do it. the video card is most definitely kill or with be soon

Look into the MSI ones, they are better, or better yet, build him a desktop.

Describe "decent" to me. As it what you thinks a good pc

will be*
I experienced this two times with two different m1710s. One was a replacement model.

>alienware from 2006

Of course it was shitty.

You really don't, if you know where to look.

>is it good for gaming?

Too old , also secondhand

Still have mine, althrough it's in no condition to work, i wish the small and bulky design was still actual, rather than the fuckhuge and thin as paper shit today.

I have an MSI Ge 70 gaming laptop and im 100.% satisfied with its preformance

Give it back Jamal!

I've read MSI's are noisy is this true?