Opera thread

Opera thread.
What version of opera are you on? Are you sill using good old 12.18? Or have you given in to Chropera?
Is Vivaldi a good spiritual successor to old Opera or is it still shit?

Why do you prefer Opera to Firefox or Chrome? Favorite/least favorite features of Opera?

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-opera-software-m-a-china-idUSKCN0ZY0CA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What version of opera are you on?
>Is Vivaldi a good spiritual successor to old Opera or is it still shit?
Autistic shit

>Why do you prefer Opera to Firefox or Chrome?
>no SJW influence
>no google
>able to pin things to the start page without extensions

>Favorite/least favorite features of Opera?
>favorite
Built-in ad-blocker complements uBlock nicely.
HTML5 video pop-out is pretty swell
As mentioned, website pinning
Fast thanks to it's chrome/blink ancestry
Simple layout
>Least favorite
They haven't officially included the VPN yet
The "super user" settings are hidden behind an autistic "konami code"
Sometimes downloads stall at 99% and just sit there indefinitely when I'm using it on my shitty netbook.

Moment I read that Opera was being sold to the Chinese, that shit was gone.

Vivaldi is slow sure, but it's almost everything I could want in a browser.
>Tab stacking
>Speed Dial (multiple sets)
>Vertical tabs
>Bookmarks and download in a side panel

China in her eyes...

12.16 reporting in
>why
The abundance of features
>favorite features
Ad blocking
Opera Mail
Opera Turbo
Tab stacks
Sidebar

Chropera is a good browser, but I plan to switch to Brave.
Vivaldi is shit.

>I plan to switch to Brave
I see that this browser is available for download already but seems to be pre-beta, do you have any idea as to when approximately will be released as stable?

Vivaldi is great. It has customization features, i can rice it much more than Opera and Brave

Browsers without customization features or browser developers who remove customization because of simple users are the real autistic shit.

Vivaldi developers add instead tons of features i want to have in my browser. I shit on that simple UI and nice design trend. I want something flexible which lets me re-arrange most elements.

chrome vs vivaldi
this is osx-tier shit on windows, thanks to the horseshit that npm apps are

i've submitted this exact gif as a bug to vivaldi and it's still not fixed

how does one manage to fuck up an interface element that should be os-specific? how the fuck is it 2016 and developers are still this fucking incompetent?

Using Opera Stable, both on Windows and Android.

I didn't liked Opera Presto much. Even with all that customization, there was always something that annoyed me.

Opera is just a better Chrome, period. Turbo, VPN, video pop out, download list, tab list, Speed Dial, how it looks and how it uses native notifications.

I would like Google Docs offline mode.

i wonder how much nvidia pays stores to sell just one 1060 with the advertised price and then everything is jacked up 30-40%?

Holy shit, this triggers me.

That is why I disliked Opera Presto. I know it's nitpicking but these kind of details makes me uninstall that shit

Opera hasn't been sold to the Chinese yet. The takedown failed.

i LOVED opera presto
chropera and vivaldi make me fucking switch to chrome

I remember when I last tried Vivaldi on Windows 7 it literally had a Windows 10 window border. They created their own window wrapper instead of just letting Windows use the native one.

They claimed it was written in HTML and it was for speed and efficiency. Yet Vivaldi is still heavier and slower to load than Opera, Chropera, and IE.

If that's not autistic shit I do not know what is.

>these kind of details makes me uninstall that shit
exactly what i did after i recorded the gif. i use the url bar to navigate a lot, and not being able to do that using my fucking mouse makes me a sad boy

>using opera
LOL some chink company bought them

gif guy again here
actually had an argument with a macfag in my office about that url bar feature and the motherfucker kept defending the lack of the feature, because "why would i do that?" unbelievable, these stupid macfags

Vivaldi works well for me on my MacBook. Not so much on windows yet. Has everything I want. It's nice I can use extensions with it.

can you do the thing chrome does here?
i know i tried the thing on a mac, but not in vivaldi specifically. system-wide, it behaves the same as the url bar on vivaldi. that's fucking cancer

and if you can't, how is this acceptable to you?

The acquisition failed.

The same reason they defend iOS and the limited features. Fuck, they can't even set the default browser.

>they defend iOS and the limited features
>meta tag on android to disable zoom removes the touch lag in a webpage
>on ios, with zoom disabled, the delay for double-tap to zoom is still there
>still not fixed in 2016
fucking shithead cock-gobbling macfag retards

no it didn't

Chinks are still buying opera but not all of it

reuters.com/article/us-opera-software-m-a-china-idUSKCN0ZY0CA

>Opera and the Chinese group have instead come up with an alternative deal worth $600 million which strips out some products and services in a bid to overcome regulatory hurdles.

>It will acquire Opera's mobile phone and desktop computer browser business, its performance and privacy apps division, its technology licensing business, as well as its stake in Chinese joint venture nHorizon.However, the consortium will no longer buy Opera's advertising and marketing business, its TV operations, nor its game-related apps.

Read it. That is just another deal. Just like the last one, this one can fail too, and until the acquisition is complete Opera isn't owned by them.

I used to use Opera but switched to Chrome because too many incompatible websites. I loved Opera's notes, mouse gestures, and clean interface.

I tried Vivaldi but it feels heavy and keeps crashing. Not exactly the perfect spiritual successor to classic Opera but it might get there one day.

Vivaldi is not open source and therefore belongs in the trash.

>it might get there one day
not if they keep using node, it won't. node sucks ass

I see: this isn't parkinsons-friendly at all. But then again, neither are nearly all other UI elements of any mainstream OS or application.

Lower DPI could help you.

>He throws 3Dmark over Blender
>He throws Music Bee over Amarok
>He throws Crash Team Racing over TuxCart

Holy shit dude, what a fucking taste

I have nothing to contribute to this thread apart from this logo I just rendered

Is not about Parkinson, is just the natural way to use the mouse. There is no reason why any program shouldn't work like that when selecting one line of text. Fuck off.

there's no reasoning with a retarded macfag

>12.18
wait what
when did this happen

Used to be on Opera 12.17, but between the multiple HTTPS incompatibilities and other webpage rendering bugs that were becoming more and more common I switched to Pale Moon over half a year ago.

At some point HTTPS pages were loading much slower than their non-secure counterparts, in some sites.

Around the time it was first announced Opera was selling out to the chinks

Fuck Open Source. It is only of interest for people who are too lazy to create their own products.

I use what works best for me, that means Vivaldi, it has features. FUCK... OPEN... SOURCE!

Chropera on PC and on my phone. On phones it's a rather obvious choice, basically you're fucking retarded if you use anything else, but on PC it's not so clear. Basically, it's the least worst browser now. All PC browsers are fucking awful, simple as that. At least Opera is logical and relatively fast. Firefox has better UI but the engine is unbearably slow, the more tabs you have opened the worse it gets. Chrome's UI has become simply unusable, that shoehorned multi user mode, that fucking new tab page, that download manager. Opera just steadily does everything right. I dislike some gimmick features like VPN and video pop-up, but these can be disabled in flags. Also most of the settings are hidden - this probably scared away countless people. Can't pinpoint a favorite features - they all are essential but done properly.

You need to be 18 to post here.

Open Source is a lame excuse for content theft and lame rippers.

Fuck you criminal scumbag. Fuck you and fuck FOSS

If someone wants to protect their own creations they have the right to do that. Want something which someone else owns, recreate it on your own, but do not demand that they open their gates so you can raid them for free.

So much to /G's much loved open source topic.

t. Vivaldi devs

What's the matter? Afraid someone is going to fork your shitty little clone and make it better?

It is good enough. It is full of customization features, but that is something which little narrow minded asshawks like you are unable to appreciate.

Features don't mean shit when the browser's no more than a Chromium web app.

Just 2 words: Otter Browser

Still, it is customizable. Who cares how it is developed. A feature is a feature, nothing can change that.

>Who cares how it is developed
I do, your browser is a fucking website.

That is the reason why i can rewrite the whole UI with CSS. That is the reason why i use it.

Being like a website=almost limitless options to change it

It's not a good thing, you're just pretending it is.

>using chrome botnet
HA

It is a good thing. Beause i can change more than you can change in your pathetic browser, whatever you are using.

No it's not. It's actually the main reason your browser is such a pain to use.
>he's actually ripping on Opera 12
kek, I use the browser yours pretends to be.

VIVALDI SHILLS GET THE FUCK OUT
IT'S LITERAL SHIT

Well i see it as no pain. I have no problems at all. I have a custom UI, it works flawless for me.

Whatever you say shill

I have more features than your product, so my browser (Vivaldi) is superior. You are just a simple fag which should be burried.

You are the reason why software losing almost all ricing features because you cunts are too stupid to make use of features.

>not using lightning+

nice toilet seat

Shill? I do not care if you are using another browser. I just said i will not give up Vivaldi because I am in love with features.

If you hate features and use a simpleton browser with a static UI and a shiny design, feel free to do so, be happy :)

>What version of opera are you on? Are you sill using good old 12.18? Or have you given in to Chropera?
Latest stable Chropera
>Is Vivaldi a good spiritual successor to old Opera or is it still shit?
Both. But since the chinks bought Opera I hope Vivaldi get their shit together soon.
>Why do you prefer Opera to Firefox or Chrome? Favorite/least favorite features of Opera?
It functions sort of like the old Opera at least superficially.
Battery saver and detachable video window are cool.
Opera's sync is crap.

you're making no sense, vivaldi is objectively shit
>more features
it literally doesn't even have cookie whitelisting, are you serious?

Chromefag since 2009 here. Convince me to switch over to Opera.

You're clearly a shill, the only ones that like Vivaldi are the ones that are paid to.

Thing is, everyone who is using unmodified Chrome or unmodified Chromium should be terminated from this planet.

I would never install something which is offered by Google themselves.

More features doesn't equal a better product.

Cookie whitelisting.. Fuck that. I want to modify my UI. I do not care for simpleton crap features.

this, it's unstsble and bloated as fuck on loonixes

Of course this makes a product a better product. The more you can change, the more options you have, the better.

How narrow minded are you?

Interesting. I never experienced a crash so far in the latest snapshots.

Also, i never would use an operating system which is used by a minority.

More features don't necessarily mean a worse or better product, it's what the features are and how they're implemented that count. Vivaldi was done poorly, this is undeniable. It may have a lot of features, it may have the features you want, but they did a horrible job with the implementation.

Vivaldi.. Chrome/Chromium.. Opera... Firefox... Edge... Safari.... all the same garbage.

If you want a real good browser pick either Brave, Qupzilla or Otter Browser

Still, i will not get rid of it. Get over it :)

Good for you, enjoy your shitware

Also, it is impossible to get all the features of Vivaldi in normal Chromium. The only choice team Vivaldi had was to use a wrapper: one heavily pimped web-app and 2 extensions.

That is all what you can do with Chrome. If you try to hardcode that features you will sooner or later have to give up as Chrome updates way too fast.

>Brave
Literally replacing ads with different ads.

Then they shouldn't have based it on Chromium.

If Mozilla and Opera never would have decided to get rid of built inside customization features, the question of changing browsers never would have arrived in the first place.

This is the real sad thing.

Why in the fuck couldn't they just open source Presto?

closed source shit which sells ads, a piece of shit written in QT or a bare browser that's terribly lacking in features?
damn

Mozilla deconstructs their once customizable code base. That was the reason why Vivaldi has decided not to use Mozillas code base. Chromium and using a couple of wrappers was their only option.

Then Vivaldi never should've been a thing.

Brave is Open Source you fag. And browsers made with QT are far from crappy.

Also, in Brave you can easily back out that ads code. If you do not like it, compile it on your own.

Wrong. We are in need for a browser with many features.

All browsers today go with simplictiy and minimalism only. This is not acceptable for a real power user.

>Brave is Open Source
wat, did that happen recently? I was pretty sure it wasn't open source when it first got shilled here

I'm sorry but it's garbage.
>no fast scroll buttons
>shit download manager
>shit new tab page but at least you can set bookmarks instead
>no sync

We are, but Vivaldi is so shitty it's even worse than not having the features. They seriously should've just started with SeaMonkey.

Seriously, i find you simple fags disgusting. Always remember: simplictiy and minimalism and design only is a fucking concept for brain dead butt-monkeys :D

Simple? I use Opera 12.16 because it has more features than any other browser could dream of.

Brave was always Open Source. They have been since the beginning on Github.

Opera 12.16 is deprecated. It is Chinese crapware soon.

that's why we have 12.18 now

Deprecated yet still the best choice. What a wonderful time we live in.

Of course, how narrow-minded of me. We should shoehorn in every possible feature that someone might use, even if literally one person uses it because that will clearly make a better product.

Picture related, it's you.

12.17+ is Windows only

Seamonkey will be another Firefox Chrome UI imitation once XUL is killed, Seamonkey team is too small to keep their special features.

Still, Opera is Chinese soon. No matter which version, it will be in Chinese hands. No thanks!

It's a fucking web browser. Speed, simplicity, and efficiency is all that matters.

There are no "power users". It's a fucking browser. The closest thing a real "power user" would want is a clean and efficient browser that is expendable. That's what Opera is.

A power user would not want a heavy, slow, inefficient browser like Vivaldi.

A Power User would want a minimal browser that they could customize to their very "special needs", not a all-in-one browser.

I've come to the conclusion that you're a Vivaldi developer, that's the only possible reason you're so hard-headed and narrow-minded.

>Chinese backdoored hardware is okay
>but Chinese software is a no-no

"power user" here, I disagree entirely. Vivaldi's got the right idea with the features but implementing them as a website is where they went wrong. Seriously if someone could just clone Opera 12.16, that'd be great.