Twitter is a shitshow, would this improve things?

Twitter is a shitshow, would this improve things?

>twitter

>needs even more ways to block people

shiggidiwhippidiwhoop

>implying I wouldn't spot the tumblr background color

I don't use Twitter so I don't know what any of those relationships are, but wouldn't that just interfere with knowing who to block? If someone is doing shit you might want to block them for but you're not getting any notifications because their harassment score is too high, they're now running rampant through your shit, no?

>current year
>using twatter for anything but news
>current year
>still thinking online harassment is a big deal

Definitely. Online-bullying (especially against women) is a big fucking deal.

My trans girlfriend is being terrorized by people with anime avatars, and this is triggering her PSTD.

People really ought to take other people's feelings.........

I have a simpler solution:

-If for WHATEVER reason you do not like [x], block [x].

Wow! So amazing! Now you can post your breakfast/cat/traffic pics without a care in the world!

Fuck off back to tumblr you numale filth.

Stop bullying women, user. It's the 21st century, we're equal now. Now shut up and consider their feelings next time you tweet something insulting towards women.

I've never seen somebody contradict themselves so quickly.

>I have a simpler solution:

>-If for WHATEVER reason you do not like [x], block [x].

>Wow! So amazing! Now you can post your breakfast/cat/traffic pics without a care in the world!

Listen this is great

But

Let's say my use case is that I am Nero/Sarkeesian. I troll SJWs/Poltards for a living, and I get like infinity million people contacting me every day.

Should I:

A) Waste my time blocking assholes

B) Waste my money having a crew of interns blocking assholes

C) Use a block list

D) Expect Twitter to have an automated system that sorts it out so idiots who get blocked by a lot of people automatically cannot interact with me?

Hint: It's D.

>I don't use Twitter so I don't know what any of those relationships are, but wouldn't that just interfere with knowing who to block? If someone is doing shit you might want to block them for but you're not getting any notifications because their harassment score is too high, they're now running rampant through your shit, no?

Well like the entire point of blocking people is that you don't get notifications when they harrass you so if I just automatically don't get their notifications, problem fucking solved neh?

Blocking ostensibly also prevents them from seeing or re-tweeting my things but that is trivially easily circumvented by having a second account that has never interacted with them so they don't know to block it.

>Fuck people who have different opinions than me!

Great fucking idea, let's turn Twitter into a hugbox.

Business idea: every account is able to filter out words, phrases, sentences, curse words etc so that everyone isn't fucked over by some blanket rules.

Then faggots who complain are at their own fault for not adjusting the content they see properly. It's not fucking hard to see a better solution.

>Great fucking idea, let's turn Twitter into a hugbox.

That's blocklists. That's actually what I'm trying to prevent.

Using this instead of blocklists would filter out people "on my own side" who are being assholes but would not filter out people on the other side just for being on the other side.

E.g. according to some, I am complete shitlord. I care about men's rights, I care about 2A rights, I think Nazis should be allowed to speak freely in public, I think it is madness to try to make an entire university into a safe space, there's some Race Realism in here too.

But my harassment score would be very low under this scheme, because I don't harass people - I've been actively blocked by, at most, five people on Twitter. (I don't know if I'm on a blocklist and blocked by thousands more who I haven't interacted with, but that wouldn't affect my Harassment Score)

What's the point of blocking when they can log out to see your tweets and quickly make a new account to send messages.

>that font rendering
Kill thyself.

>What's the point of blocking when they can log out to see your tweets and quickly make a new account to send messages.

Good call, that needs to be accounted for. I'm sure some would-be assholes could be discouraged by the process but your dedicated troll could definitely get something going.

I'm thinking something like a check box where you can indicate you do not want to be messaged by "new" accounts, where "new" means something like "less than a week old, less than ten tweets."

>Kill thyself.

Jokes on you, like everybody else on tumblr I am already suicidal.

You can already have a private profile option, maybe refining that option would give some people a better experience, without fucking it up for the rest of us.

But you aren't already dead.

A new crop of children are born every day and it will take them a while to mature. It is not an adult's job to endlessly cater to them.

>I'm a 16 year old angry white suburban teen with 18 hours a day free to tell you how the universe revolves around this opinion by brain shat out! Fite me!

You don't want to engage the immature too heavily because they only learn defensiveness. You teach them that it is the adult's job to try to force intelligence on them and that their only job is to try to hold out. Ignoring them is better. Let them make their own mistakes.

I am dead.../inside/..

>the rest of us

Would this policy fuck anything for you, personally?

By which I mean, do you keep getting blocked by people you have tweeted @? Are you part of the group of people who would have a high harassment score if it was calculated as above?

If so, follow up: Do you deserve to get fucked? Or would that be a case of my system mis-firing?