When will high end cards start looking like this again? much better than the gaudy "I'm a gaymen PC...

When will high end cards start looking like this again? much better than the gaudy "I'm a gaymen PC, look at me!" designs of modern cards.

Also, post aesthetic cards while we're at it.

>Caring about a piece of plastic that you only have to look at when you open up your pc.

High end cars have nice looking engines without a stupid plastic cover, and we hardly ever see those things, a sleek card is always nice, user.

look like cheap shit?

there are completely black cards with blocky coolers that look nothing like gayming

you're just being a little bitch

you never see the cards anyway. why would anyone care?

When the majority of pc gaymers are no longer 14 year old boys.

>caring about the look of a component that can't be seen unless you have a windowed case, which is inherently gaymer

>Not having a nice pc case that has a window so you can admire your rig

plebian detected

This, my PC isn't even that great but I'd love to stare at my HD7750 when bored.

Never, Nvidia and AMD probably won't ever go back down to TDPs low enough to be cooled with a single slot cooler unless you buy some low-end part.

Pretty stupid question, obviously, as soon as the people who design the cards believe they will make more money by designing them with a minimalist theme.

Optiplex?

It is, a 745 with a Q6600, still a strong machine that won't quit on me.

I had a 741 until the psu fried the whole pc.

Never get a prebuilt guys

q6600 will never die

Sadly I gotta agree, I recently swapped all my parts into another optiplex because the other one had blown capacitors, still worked fine though.

i have a q6600 on my drawer right now, mb "died" 4 days ago, now the pu is collecting dust.

Sad times

This is me .

Dude I literally have almost exactly the same motherboard. When I boot up my PC, it goes to memory check and after that it throws a blue window on middle of the screen saying "smart card authetication, smart card reader not plugged in".

I have absolutely no idea what the fuck that is. I cant even get into BIOS because this appears before bios boots up.

I tried clearing cmos using the dedicated button on the motherboard, pulling the battery out and cables over night, nothing working.

Any ideas lmao?

I'm cuming.

>Mynigga.jpg

I'd still be using it if the thermal tape wasn't shit and it wasn't a house fire now.
Gonna snag a 1060 soon I think.

But they already do, at least if by "high-end" you mean the Quadro line of cards.

Problem is that this card has a core merely equivalent to a 970 in speed, which still gets toasty with this cooler on. There is only so much you can do with a single-slot cooler.

High-end cards used to look like this simply because they didn't put out all that much heat, early 3D cards had a tiny fan attached right on the chip itself and the very first accelerators didn't even have heatsinks at all.

I got two of them from a college for 20 bucks

HP smartcard keyboard. I have a ton of them I got from a school.

Based xfx

Hey it's your Dell buddy ;)

Hi guy.

I had this lying around. Paid about 7 grams for it in 2009

Get a 4670 AGP for maximum douchbaggery.

(pic is not 4670)

I was thinking, what if I got another and did crossfire? Would be cool for an old gaymen pc. Regretfully I trashed my Dell in 2012 because I wanted to try to become a person again. It didn't happen. Sad!

Not likely, even if you had one of those rather weird boards that had both AGP and PCI-E, as the AGP radeon 4000 series cards did not have the crossfire finger on the cards.

Right, I should have taken that into account.
I didn't know shit about computers other than the having a video card meme. My Dell was really shitty when it came to playing most games as it was from early 2005 and only came with I wanna say a 128MB GPU and 512MB RAM. 3GHz P4/HT was nice though, for awhile. And it came with a remote and stereo, but $1300 was way too fucking much for that shit as I look back.

Terrifying

I think i have pretty much the same card as IGPU.

My parent's pc still runs on an hd3650.

Most cards look alright now, like pic related.

Single slot coolers on mid-level GPUs ended years ago after the 9800GT. After that, pretty much every card except the really low end stuff used double slot coolers.