>buy one of these massive heatsinks because I was a gaymur and wanted to oc
>it literally rips the socket off the motherboard after a few months
Never again

>i didn't secure it properly
>I won't buy it again

you probably shouldn't.

>Be Quiet!
>It's actually really loud

Someone post that thread where the worlds biggest retard builds a PC for CS:GO and manages to fuck up every part of the process (bent pins, secured nothing, broke 2 motherboards, is a 30+ NEET).

>vertical case
off you'reselve

I have just build in the Dark Rock 3.

Still waiting for 2 parts, so I will not post a pic

I refuse to belive that this is a real thing

Over 2.6lbs of pussy and ass!

Heat sinks really don't differentiate much on the high end. An enormous block of heat pipes and aluminum fins can be matched by a smaller cooler with fans that are just a tiny bit faster. We really need something with better thermal conductivity to dissipate heat.

a Sup Forums celebrity ruined 2-3 sets of cpu/mobo/ram and rma'd them because he didn't use standoffs

Fuck air cooling and fuck AIO.

>enjoy your bent motherboards
>enjoy your deformed CPU
>enjoy your loud shitty AIO pump
>enjoy your chinkshit aio leaking everywhere

Go full water or go fuck yourself (pic as example)

>build it with your own hands
>if it leaks, you fucked up and can go kill yourself
>its quiet
>it if looks like gaymur shit, its your own fucking fault
>people that see it will respect you more and offer you a raise/cheaper loan/their daughter
>it CAN run linux unlike fuccboi corsair AIO Link. Free software motherfuckers.

My dark rock 3

>deal with non sterile liquid that collects debris from reacting with dissimilar metals in the radiator and pump
>it grows algae
>have to flush it all out, clean it, and refill it
>system 100% incapable of constant uptime because cooling requires routine maintenance

Liquid cooling is for autismal man children with side windows and ricer LEDs.

looks like it'll fucking break off and smash your gpu

Thats not how algae works

Seems like you extremely underestimate the durability of a mobo

Holy shit you can see the motherboard bending.

>water block on GPU
>it still sags
>aftermarket sleeved cables and ROG board
>not gaymur shit

Seconding this

Where exactly?

Why do some water cooling setups have those tanks and some don't? What's the purpose of that massive tank?

Thermal mass.

fans that are a tiny bit faster are significantly more annoying

>will never be as reliable as air-cooling
>will never be as quiet on low load as air-cooling
yea, nah, fuck yourself

Is this what you are talking about?

For what it's worth my PSU came with very nicely sleeved cables like those. Might be hard to imagine when you're a poorfag like yourself.

100% of GPU sag is just a misaligned motherboard or a bent case

>What's the purpose of that massive tank?
Having more fluid in the system means heat can "spread out" more thanks the the increased thermal capacity.

So instead of 1 (unit) of fluid overall being raised by 5 degrees, the tank means you have 2 (units) overall which only goes up 2.5 degrees.

Note: incredibly simplified.

Yes. Thank you.

>He doesn't overpay for meaningless accessories so he must be poor!

On Friday I will post my build, still waiting for the gpu

He literally could have bought a used c business desktop for 300 bucks and had a working counter strike thing

>PSU is a meaningless accessory
Literal retard detected.

>Fancy power cables that you interact with for maybe 30 minutes and never touch again aren't meaningless accessories

jesus christ

who?

>you don't need cables for a computer, they're just meaningless accessories
Dig your retarded hole deeper pajeet.

I don't know man, you seem to be very protective of those cables. Keep telling me how those things are worth it for anything other than looks.

Got that one on a 6600K

Quite the overkill, but the temps range from 21 to 32 on idle, depending of seasons, but even on full load it never went above 50°c

A fucking behemoth otherwise, and very fucking painful to install, would only recommend if you don't switch your CPU/motherboard all that often.

>cables come packaged with PSU
>blah blah accessories
You're an idiot, stop posting and go help mommy clean the house.

How much did that PSU cost then?

this has to be a bait

Came with my EVGA 750W platinum rated. $150. Came with a few cables for each type as well.

These look nothing like CableMods and this was a dumb discussion.

is that a radiator on the front of the case? if so, why isn't it connected to the loop? if not, what is it and why is it there
nigger you what?
air cooling is reliable but that's only because it's a piece of metal you slap on the case
also, a decent pump (the only part that makes noise outside the fans) will make no noise at all at low rpm, even without anti vibration material on it

>why isn't it connected to the loop?
Look again.

Or just get whatever the newest version of the NH-D14 and be done with it. Still have and use mine and literally no issues. Would rather not spend an arm and leg for watercooling shit for no real benefits other than bragging rights and slightly lower temperatures.

i'm retarded and can't see what you're talking about

To be fair, that water block is probably heavier than the stock cooler on the GPU.

i have one of these puppies and it's completely silent with one fan installed. big enough to run passively, too.

Look at the two tubes going into the PSU's shroud pass-through

Do you think it just does a U turn here ?

I thought it just went into the pump

>saggy graphics card
>bragging
kek

>big enough to run passively, too.

THIS

a water-cooler will always have the pump running and never be 100% silent. An air-cooler can turn off the fan and run 100% silently.

Big heatsink thread?

thicc

damn that looks cute

Put the BRAZZERS logo on that pic.

This nigga gets it.

One of the most funniest posts I've heard of today.
Have you forgotten your today's medicin?

why is there something sexual about this pic?

>dat card sag

Disregarded.

>that happened a year ago
Holy shit, where did time go

>all "full water" does is to lead heat to the sink/radiator at the top which fans still has to blow AIR through
>fuck air cooling
??????????

I-is that a passive CPU cooler? I wonder if that would fit in an old horizontal ATX case.

be quiet!

yeeeaaaaa

Look at mine!

better picture

>That ASUS X99E-WS
Such a beautiful board. I wish they were all this no-nonsense and gorgeous.

Fuck yes, I'm having to look at riced up gamer shit to get the features I want right now, it's the pits, I'll never be able to look at it without cringing

Not him but I thought about getting a custom set of cables from CableMod because you can spec your own measurements, so if you want the absolute tidiest/perfect cable management, there's that benefit as well.

Of course then I parted out a set for my PSU and it came to about $175, so fuck that.

>ricer heatsinks
>no-nonsense

I remember my aircooled days

>his pc makes noise