So Sup Forums, how do we make PC building more normie friendly?

So Sup Forums, how do we make PC building more normie friendly?
I have some suggestions:
1. Combine the motherboard and the cpu into one robust non bendy static resistant screwless unit that you can just plug into place inside the case without having to worry about standoffs and shit.
2. Simplify power distribution by increasing the power ratings of the pcie slots to handle any gpu without extra cables and use powered sata connectors to limit the total number of cables coming out of the psu to one big cable that plugs into the motherboard.
3. Add extra reinforcements to any connector that could conceivably break in the hands of a two year old.
4. Merge case power & led, etc. cables into one block.

I think this should be enough for most people. Any other suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

motherboard.vice.com/read/pc-gaming-is-still-way-too-hard?utm_source=mbfb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Normalfag get Normies are not to build their own computers

Google single board computer.
Faggot.

Those are no good. You still need to be able to have the modularity that a proper pc has.
Anyone would if you made it easy enough.

>Anyone would if you made it easy enough.

PC building is near adult legos at this point, nevermind all the videos and guide you can find. Take a horse to water, doesn't mean they'll drink.

>Reduce modularity
Might as well buy a laptop.

The problem is that it doesn't look easy. You need to hide all the nuts and bolts of the motherboard undeneath a shiny plastic cover and get rid of as many cables as possible so that the whole process will look no scarier than plugging a dvd player into your tv.

They keep introducing new sockets all the time anyway, so you really wouldn't be losing much.

Everything looks complicated when you're a newbie or ignorant of a subject. Sounds like you want the ease of pre-builts in the DIY world, which doesn't solve the problem of building what you personally want.

>How do we make PC building more normie friendly?
higher end prebuilts

I think most of these changes would benefit everyone. For instance, there's no good reason why you should have to deal with a whole bunch of power cables in this day and age.

>reducing modularity in order to cater to literal retards

Like how hard can it be to build a PC? I learned how to build one by disassembling our former family computer and assembling it again on my own in order to clean it when I was 9. Even if you can't figure it out on your own, you can always read the manual, whoch solves the problem for people who don't lack basic motor skills.

>Normie Friendly
>Imply building your own PC isn't easy ash shit.
LEGOOOS. IT'S LITERALLY LEGOS.

"Easy" doesn't necessarily mean approachable. A mass market consumer product is lacking in something if it can't immediately be deployed by anyone without any expertise.

High-end computer components aren't mass market consumer products.

If you can't be bothered with spending 10 minutes fo build a PC, then just buy a prebuilt.

The gtx 970, for example, still sold millions of units and would've sold a lot more if diy pc building were more approachable.
For a cautious new guy who wants to do it properly it's more likely to take at least 10 hours of research, rather than 10 minutes.
Most people don't have the patience for that.

>take at least 10 hours
>reading a simple manual is that hard
>watching a 10 minute video and repeating what the guy does is hard

A sensible solution would be showing normies that building a pc is similar to playing with legos.

Why bother? It's not like normies will suddenly take interest in "nerd stuff". They just want their stuff handed to them and cool "gaems" to play in their "awesome gaemin rig".
If someone actually wants to learn something and burst his tech illiterate bubble, good for him, it's as easy as stick X in X slot with light/moderate strength.

How many of those things went to manufacturers rather than consumers? Who's to say that normal people actually want to build a computer? You're starting to remind me of a certain idiot.

motherboard.vice.com/read/pc-gaming-is-still-way-too-hard?utm_source=mbfb

Normies are fucking mouth breathing, piss on the toilet seat, text while driving, forget the babby in the car with windows up on a summer day, put the toilet paper roll facing away god damn RETARDS.
Building a computer is already easy as fuck, if somebody can't do it right now they are literally a cancerous growth on humanity and should be DELETED.

Do like Asus or whoever and make the parts go together like Legos actually do, the completely wireless setup

I'd rather see project ARA tablet style. With a keyboard dock.

The build your own laptop/tablet hobby kit if you will.

You need to break down the idea of an 'awesome rig' into awesome components and make people see them individually. That way you can lure them into pc building.

i wouldn't mind some of those myself desu

Connect the power supply to just the motherboard and then the motherboard sends the right amount of power to each component automatically

>wanting MORE normies to know how to computer
kill yourself

Hoarding things goes against the spirit of freedom.

Learn to google normfag
http:// www. .pcworld.com/article/2983379/computers/5-reasons-why-lego-like-modular-pcs-arent-as-exciting-as-they-seem. html

daily reminder that normies always ruin everything from hiking to the internet and should be kept in the dark whenever possible.

Not sure what to put in the third box.

Blaming normies for your own obsessions is not going to get you cured. Get back on the program and take your tablets.

/out/ or /k/

I can't count today.

That's different from what is being proposed in the op, though. The first model just streamlines the components, while that completely changes the spirit of the machine.