Other urls found in this thread:

torrentfreak.com/feds-seize-kickasstorrents-domains-charge-owner-160720/
gizmodo.com/your-favorite-torrent-site-kickasstorrents-goes-offline-1784003881
kickasstorrentsan.com/
hackread.com/kickass-torrents-down-owner-arrested/
zeronet.io/
127.0.0.1:43110/ZeroTorrent.bit/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>“Records provided by Apple showed that [email protected] conducted an iTunes transaction using IP Address 109.86.226.203 on or about July 31, 2015. The same IP Address was used on the same day to login into the KAT Facebook,”

MY GOD WHAT A FUCKING MONGOLOID

>Own the biggest torrent site in the world
>use iTunes

It's mind boggling how someone can be this stupid, why use facebook, why use itunes, just blog in your own site using 5 vpn's, my gosh.

the only stuff i downloaded from kat where x265 movies
someone start a x265 tracker

This

x265 is the future

What the fuck happpened?
I stopped using kat since they started deleting torrents like a year ago
What did they do to have like 10 threads now?

Ipt has fuck loads of x265

lpt?

The Wal-Mart of private trackers

More like the Costco of public trackers.

torrentfreak.com/feds-seize-kickasstorrents-domains-charge-owner-160720/
gizmodo.com/your-favorite-torrent-site-kickasstorrents-goes-offline-1784003881

I used it only for tugazx and condors releases, fucking top quality.
Now where can i get them?

YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP

Anyone knows a good alternative that doesn't look like a 90's site and isn't paid/invite only?

so where do we go now senpai? what is the new hot torrent site?

I dont care for private trackers

before this thread i didn't know torrent sites existed outside of the pirate bay.

Thepiratebay, Nyaa, limewire pirate edition, i2p.

None, it's over

Are you 12? piratebay stayed on the 90's and never upgraded the site.

>limewire

>doesn't look like a 90's site

Why would you care about that? As long as it works..

kickasstorrentsan.com/

Features, piratebay has half the features kat had, sorting is horrible, design is retarded, etc.

I just can't believe this retard didn't have a backup person to take over if something like this happened.

>iTunes transaction
He deserves it

What the fuck is that retarded looking shit?

I just uploaded a torrent on TPB, man shit sucks balls. Cant even find a peer above 50 kbps to seed, moreover cant even connect to

Whereas with KAT I would have already uploaded at over 500kbps at the least and would have connected to atleast half a dozen peers by now

Someone should make a KAT clone on a .onion site, stop this public web bullshit that gets taken down every 3 months.

Some decentralized p2p network shit

Looks like it could have potential if someone introduced KAT like site in there. Even if the owner gets taken down other users seeding the website will keep it running

Only if there is a good alternative to TOR. TOR is shit

Yeah, YIFY style sites suck ass because you can't see release details.

Like i said here Why is it shit?

hackread.com/kickass-torrents-down-owner-arrested/

:(

this is why I keep shit on my drives and cloud storage

so does this mean we are going back to Demonoid and the bay?

he is a greedy slav with the ad revenue being his only source of income.
highly unlikely that he saw anything else but a paycheck in this project so he couldnt care less once he gets caught.

Isn't demonoid dead?

Torrenting over TOR is horrendous because it's designed for single-source, small payloads like you'd see in typical web browsing, not for file transfer or peer aggregation.

Each connection you make to a torrent peer would get its own Tor circuit and bog down the network.

He's memeing. Tor is still based and easy enough to use that retards would be able to use it.

thinking of this, but if someone uploads a torrent, your ip would be in the swarm to get the seeds/leeches so it would be moot

>Why is it shit?

Its not secure, speed is unreliable, several performance issues

You don't torrent thought TOR man, you just get the site, torrenting stays like always.
The point is having a site that can't be taken down, not creating a TOR tracker.

just for the meta, not the content

that kinda explains it I guess

>your ip would be in the swarm to get the seeds/leeches so it would be moot
No, it wouldn't be moot because the site/domain couldn't be taken down as easily.

You're a jackass. You download the seed file from the site and torrenting takes place over your regular connection.

It's as secure as it gets. If large drug markets openly operate on it, then it's certainly secure enough for torrents.

but not the owner

>Its not secure, speed is unreliable, several performance issues
Who cares? kat is basically a css file with text content, having a site that can't be taken down and torrents that can't be DMCA'd is more important than loading the page 1 second faster.

>ou download the seed file
I doubt a .onion site would host seed files, im content with magnet.

>Greetings uploaders, please provide content content for my site which is secure just for me. Whats that your info is at risk? Look at all the fucks I have to give

>believing they caught the guy with some ip checks
its the same bullshit story they had with silkroad

Make something on ZeroNet, for fuck's sake. It supports Tor too..

let's be like the commies and host the site all together

>It's as secure as it gets. If large drug markets openly operate on it, then it's certainly secure enough for torrents.

>nobody using TOR has been arrested

What the fuck are you talking about? do you seriously believe that regular internet is more secure than TOR?

Sup Forums thought of something, what if we made our own servers and hosted it from ourselves? say something like discord? This is just a thought ok so don't bite my head of:

In discord you can upload anything you want that's 10MB and under from what I gather. We could make a simple torrent server for this. The only downside is that we would have to trust our users and be invite only. Or we could make a server in say like mega or google drive.
Mega - 50
fire - 50
live - 30
there's a china one with 11TBs but to use it someone would have to spoof their shit to china.

What do you guys think?

Then how did they get them?

It doesn't matter if its fake proof obtained after they got him hacking, the fact that he uses facebook and itunes without several layers of protection while hosting the biggest illegal site on the web is fucking retarded.

yeah because you can use VPNs with regular internet

>You're a jackass. You download the seed file from the site and torrenting takes place over your regular connection.
in which case the torrenting still reveals all your public IP shit to the entire swarm and you get a DMCA letter anyway.
what's the point of having that site in the first place?

zeronet.io/

This is being considered as an alternative. But someone has to step and make a proper site first though

>Won't indict Hillary for negligence
>Will sweat, cry and bleed to appease the media cartel
>GIF relevant

How else would they have caught him? An easy fuckup on the guy's part is a much more likely explanation than the NSA tracking him down with nanobots or something. Apple and Facebook both log IP addresses, and are required to disclose it to the government under US law.

I'm not sure. I see some content there on and off.

see my idea on Discord or the other. We could get away with it easily

yeah I'm there now, gonna look it over. How would I get to be a mod there? I have no life and want to support the best I can.

I meant the magnet. It's late, sorry desu.

Why aren't they doing thus now? At least have a .onion mirror and advertise it on their clearnet site.

The only arrests that come from it are dumbasses not keeping their browser updated or allowing flash.

Look at the pedo websites that the FBI actively targets. They have tens of thousands of active users and only a few are caught, for reasons listed above.

Also, look at the drug markets that move hundreds of millions worth of product through onion sites. The biggest threat on there is exit scams.

The threat is to the hosting site. Onion sites prevent government or civil seizures. As for revealing you ip addy while torrenting, just use a seedbox and 7 proxies

>yeah I'm there now, gonna look it over. How would I get to be a mod there? I have no life and want to support the best I can.

Someone has to create a torrent site on Zeronet first

a 12 year old wouldn't use a site from the 90s would they?

Man I saved myself from this shitstorm but finishing my game downloads on Monday.

let me see how to do it, I may see what happens.

it's a download from the site, that's not how that works user.
A torrent holds info from another user it seems from. Basically it looks for the other torrent upload file. It makes sure there is content and so on. So even if you downloaded it, it's not going to affect you as the downloader. If I have this right.
The content is not hosted on the kickass servers, just the torrent was.

Will they go after people who visited the site?

Believe what you want to believe. Sup Forums wont trust TOR with onion sites and rightfully so.

TOR is not 100% secure and your info can be traced even if you had disabled JS adn had NS on (look it up how)

Moreover TOR has tons of performance issues

No, downloaders are safe basically. They would have to prosecute over a million people and that's too much work for the Gov. At best you'd get a little notice to "cease and deasist"

None of that matters. What matters is that the site itself can't be seized. If the owner is a dumbass and gets caught, the site is still up and someone else can hopefully take care of it.

does zeronet basically work the same as freenet?

That's true, but they will still have a list of IPs, I think. I don't know what the site logged from visitors.

Dude tons of onion sites have been. Silk Route got seized TWICE. They basically takeover onion sites and turn it into a honeypot

Please tell me how your IP can be leaked with JS disabled and Common Sense 2017 enabled?

Tor is stable and safe enough to host a wide range of criminal endeavours much worse than torrenting. Its perfectly fine for kickass

>9k
son...
no, even then they wont wast their time on it, maybe the cam vids at best but even then, the downloaders are fine. If you haven't gotten a knock on the door by the NSA/CIA/ or FBI I think you're essentially fine. as I tell people all the time, DONT download the cam vids.

Monitoring traffic at both endpoints.

>What matters is that the site itself can't be seized.
Onion sites are seized all the time.

In fact, I would go so far as to say an onion URL is *easier* to get control of than a clearnet DNS address from a non-us TLD, since the latter case requires action on the registrar's part and the former just a leak of the private key behind your onion url.

So what's stopping him from claiming that someone else was using his IP?

They can't prove he was physically accessing the website without a camera looking over his shoulder when he's doing it, correct?

I thought the courts threw out a pedo-case or something a while back because of this. They need to find the actual files and shit, an IP accessing a website isn't good enough.

>python
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IM DOING Sup Forums

>So what's stopping him from claiming that someone else was using his IP?
Nothing and this will probably be a defense he mounts when actually taken to court.

However, he also fell prey to an ad sales honeypot and therefore they have plenty of other dirt on him.

Someone suggested ZeroTorrents.bit , anyone with a zeronet thing can post a screenshot?

>tons of onion sites have been

Incredibly few onion domains have been seized. I can only think of 3 off the top of my head. Clearnet sites are much easier to seize. Tor is vastly superior.

I'm really mot sure how you can hold such a position considering the wide range of egregiously criminal enterprises that thrive on Tor.

Timing attacks aren't nearly as effective as they are made out to be. Tor has been experimenting with padding techniques thwt severely cut down its effectiveness.

Ah yes, I forgot that in FREEDUMBS land the government entraps people.

Golly, what a trustworthy government. Thanks Uncle Sam!

>I can only think of 3 off the top of my head.
you have absolutely no idea how many onion URLs are being operated as a shadow clone honeypot because once the url is stolen, the original owner is never getting it back.

Without an external chain of trust to verify that an onion URL is actually being served by the person and machine you think it is (hint: you're not doing it by IP address), there is no way to recover security.

OH OH!
GOOD NEWS
127.0.0.1:43110/ZeroTorrent.bit/
This is a thing!

Can you post a screenshot?

>127.0.0.1
fucking damn it Sup Forums

Looks like reddit... such a shame.

>literally go home

oh well, it's free, it works, don't bitch user.

We could always do a facebook group.
or we could host it on discord.

You have to install zeronet retard.

>I'm really mot sure how you can hold such a position considering the wide range of egregiously criminal enterprises that thrive on Tor.

They dont, most are just scams

Any good uploaders on zero?

Read the thread mongoloid.

What do you want me to search user?

i did faget

Why haven't computer nerds created a good download system that's secure, not a bunch of fractured torrent trackers, and quasi-unified?

I guess they all sold out and are making fucking Facebook games, social media platforms, and indie start-ups.

>tfw my raspi can't play the HEVC files I've tried, even my 2010 MBP

>verify that an onion URL is actually being served by the person and machine you think it is

Doesn't really mean much when both the person and the machine are compromised, does it? Tor ensures anonymity, and nothing else.

>a phone call from the justice department to a foreign registrar is more difficult than getting a non-pleb to leak his private key

You're arguing an untenable position. The real world has settled this debate. The incredible success of illicit onion domains proves you wrong.

I can only think of three well-known cases of a hidden service being taken over. In this case, a takeover wouldn't pose a significant risk to the user.

Again, the real world proves that Tor is more secure than the clearnet.

If only there were some way to independently verify the legitimacy of hidden service markets...

[SPPILER]deepdotweb.com [/SPOILER]

>i did faget

Welp, let me delete my post and commit sudoku