How do I justify buying a laptop when I never leave the house and already have a solid desktop PC?

How do I justify buying a laptop when I never leave the house and already have a solid desktop PC?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Dell-15-6-Inch-Quad-Core-i5-6300HQ-Processor/dp/B015PYYDMQ/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1469080894&sr=1-5&keywords=gaming laptop
amazon.com/gp/product/B01CL50JV6/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B01CL50JV6&linkCode=as2&tag=youtube0b80-20&linkId=e5e9ff56dd9332c3c68777d5c18cbd83
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

stop thinking about memes and think for yourself

You don't but since this is Sup Forums, I'll play along.

Sometimes it's nice to have two separate computers next to each other - for running different OSes or for when you want maximum performance out of the desktop, like when rendering video or for reading comments while streaming to Twitch or something.

Also, laptops are much easier to use in bed, on the couch, or when taking a shit.

Honestly, as someone who has been using laptops for the past three years, I can't go back

I just build a desktop, and its turned off and sitting like that. I couldn't deal with it, I got so used to just getting up and walking around with the laptop.
It doesn't even have to be about going outside OP, its more about being able to setup wherever you are.

>different OS
Virtualization
>Reading comments
More monitors

Get a netbook or chrome book and have a deskto0?

Sometimes it's easier to have two separate computers than to constantly switch windows, though.

As for comments etc, running games in fullscreen can often fuck with stuff on other monitors, and when streaming you want to minimize the number of applications you have open to keep frames up. (Which can start to be a pretty major task when running OBS or whatever.) I stream sometimes, and I also prefer using a laptop because I can put it away when I don't need it, unlike a second monitor which would permanently take up space on my desk.

For me at least, my big bulky Gaming PC is a toy, a thing I use on the weekends, sitting on my comfy chair, staring at a beautiful IPS display and playing with a fine combo of mouse and keyboard.

For work I prefer to use my laptop, if I'm too stress out at home or at the office I can just go to a starbucks or something similar to work in piece.

>stress out at home
>starbucks
>peace

?????
Do you not have that backwards friend?

>Me want laptop
>Me have money to buy laptop
>Me go buy laptop now kay
Kinda like that, I guess....fuck justification.

sometimes I like to do light gaming with a coffee in my porch or on my deck on my laptop. Usually just lowkey puzzle games n shit. Although I also travel a lot for my job so I got a good laptop because Im in hotel rooms 75% of my life

Depending what you want it for a tablet might honestly be the best option in your case.

Let's get real here, your desktop PC is way more powerful than it needs to be. I.E. it's just a toy, a very expensive toy.

Getting a laptop is just getting yet another toy.

>using laptop while taking a shit

Really?

>light gaming
>low key
>n instead of and
>acting that way

GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If that surprises you, you might be on the wrong website.

Personally I use a tablet for that role, but laptop on the can is a longtime Sup Forums favorite.

Pretty much this. I use it on the train, I can bring it back to my other homes, etc

Interesting, I'm pretty much the opposite. I used a laptop as my main computer for like 8 years, but built a desktop a couple of years ago and got used to it almost immediately. I still have a laptop, a pretty good new-ish one too, but I only use it for work and when travelling.

relax bro, I've probably been on Sup Forums longer than you've been alive. Go take your antipsychotics, a few deeps breaths, and put on your mittens so you can punch yourself in the head a few times without it bruising up.

>pretend I'm going to use the laptop on the shitter but I actually need to have a wank
>bring it home and leave my tower at school
>grab a bite and do something in the meantime
There's a reason laptops are the preferred form factor for college students.

>Sup Forums collectively prides themselves on not being "sheep"
>every other thread is some retard like OP asking us to think for them
>every other other thread is shilling or shill-begging

>Summer

kek

Sometimes I feel like us old channers are getting a sneak preview of what it's going to be like to be geriatric and angry at the damn kids. I've been here almost since the beginning (late '03) and I can only laugh when I get called a newfag for not keeping up with the edge and the memes.

I tried a laptop, now cannot go back.
Got rid of my desktop gaymen rig.
And I do not travel at all.

Laptops have poor ergonomics unless you prop up the screen and use external peripherals. But at that point, you're basically using a desktop.

same. I bought a laptop over a year ago that meets all of my needs (general use, gaming and CAD) and haven't booted up any of my homebuilt desktops in at least 6 months. I probably won't use a desktop again until this thing becomes obsolete. And I don't travel either, it just sits on the same desk spot my desktop monitor and keyboard used to.

Its going to be bad as everywhere else. The generation coming up in our wake is basically borderline retarded. Although life in general is going to be so easy when they're our main competition, its hard to not look superior

what laptop do you guys have? Im planning to upgrade mine bc I cant run games well(inb4 get pc). I was looking to get one of the two:

amazon.com/Dell-15-6-Inch-Quad-Core-i5-6300HQ-Processor/dp/B015PYYDMQ/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1469080894&sr=1-5&keywords=gaming laptop

amazon.com/gp/product/B01CL50JV6/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B01CL50JV6&linkCode=as2&tag=youtube0b80-20&linkId=e5e9ff56dd9332c3c68777d5c18cbd83

any recommendations?

Black Neighborhoods are ruining laptops

personally I am waiting for mobile Pascal, so I am gonna upgrade this Christmas

Dell - raw powerhouse also 4 physical cores cpu good, new cpu and gpu
Acer - good display, awful keyboard, not so much power, old gen cpu and gpu (950M is rebranded 850M)