Why hasn't the iPhone 5 been topped in terms of pure design? Is it the best looking smartphone ever made?

Why hasn't the iPhone 5 been topped in terms of pure design? Is it the best looking smartphone ever made?

Technology went through a renaissance and everyone was doing ridiculous shit in design, skeumorphism as an example. That and every ass had access to design tools. Apple just beat everyone to minimalism and its really tough to make a rectangle made from metal with a solid color without looking like you're copying someone.

>front buttons
It's trash, son.

Purely subjective

It was pretty nice, though the best looking color was ruined by shitty paint that wore off in weeks.

I actually think the current flagship Samsung phones come as close to matching or even beating as anything has. They exude quality in a way that the iPhone6 doesn't.

>Is it the best looking smartphone ever made?
No

>Apple just beat everyone to minimalism and its really tough to make a rectangle made from metal with a solid color without looking like you're copying someone.
Who's to say that minimalism is the ultimate form of phone?
Before the iPhone arrived there were many formats although the Android crowd were all mimicking the Blackberry.
Now, some Chinese phones are blatant ripoffs of the iPhone. Does nobody copy the Samsung phones?

It's been topped several times

iPhone 4 feels nicer in hand. Glass + stainless steel > aluminum.

Xiaomi phones are very Samsung-esq.

yeah but the screen is small bro ur opinion sucks

>samsung ""quality""

>iShit """"""""""""quality""""""""""""

Whatever you say, pajeet.

>smartphones aren't technology
It truly is summer.

Jesus, Apple's really fallen pretty damn far if this is the best thing their fanboys can come up with.

But it has

dadcore: the phone

my 5s 'paint' haven't wore off yet. after 3 yrs or so

>"wood"

It was the perfect evolution of the iPhone4 (antennagate).

The iPhone 6 fucked it up.

it's still a bloatware machine I dont care how good looking it is.

This! iPhone 4 is the sexiest phone I've ever held in my hands and I have owned over 3 dozen high end phones. And my second pick would be iPhone 6. It looks sexy as hell, I just hate the antenna lines on the back. Hopefully rumors are true and Apple is going back to Glass back in iPhone 8.

I always thought the that zune mp3 player had a nice design for a phone.

Too bad it windows os is meh.

I don't know. The Sony Xperia Zs are quite nice as well.