Can Linux distros be ran on tablet/2 in 1s fairly well? How is support on such devices? Has anyone done it...

Can Linux distros be ran on tablet/2 in 1s fairly well? How is support on such devices? Has anyone done it? Namely for Tails.

I really want something cheap with a good screen to fuck around on but I don't really like traditional laptops.

>Inb4 hurr sticky

This is not tech support or consumer reviews

Yeah there's this linux distro called Android that's had some success on tablets

Cheeky

Android isn't really full fledged enough for doing tails like tasks though is it?

using Tails on a tablet, even if you got it running, would probably render so many security holes and leaks as to make the distro worthless

bump

Why would it be insecure on a tablet, user? Am curious

I want to jaamu my cock in Anzu

She is turkish?

Dropped

who doesn't?

I'd cuddle the shit out of her

I'd pat her head when she's tired after a long photoshoot and raise her spirits up.

Why? There's nothing inherently insecure about the hardware. I'm not sure if tails runs on arm based systems or not however.

Do explain what you mean.

>Why would it be insecure on a tablet, user?
Tails relies on custom drivers and other low level stuff which do things like

>Spoof your MAC address
>Scan outgoing packets for your IP and replace it with random numbers
>Anonymize packet headers

Going from a PC with hardline NIC (or at least, WLAN NIC from a well-known vendor with Linux support) to a tablet with proprietary radio chips and baseband firmware would make this kind of hardening impossible.

I think OP is asking if any decent GNU/Linux distro can run on surface books or something like that. I'm pretty sure they use Intel processors.

what's wrong with you f am?

I'd put my dick inside this roach.

Wouldn't a device like a surface or something that used the typical x86 architecture versus arm have more standardized chips that would allow tails to work correctly?

I was thinking of anything really but to my knowledge surface devices are rather expensive.

For the piddly tasks and mucking about ill be using it for I wouldn't be able to justify spending much.

okay, would there still be benefits to running GNU/Linux on a wifi-only 2-in-1? Not OP but my device has no hardline

I want to see her genuinely smiling (my heart wouldn't be able to handle something like that, though..)

>roaches
>capable of happiness
famalamilio

If you're worried about security you should buy an actual laptop like a used T400. If you just want play around buy a used Nexus tablet and use Linux Deploy. Works ok if you're not doing anything too serious.

>Wouldn't a device like a surface or something that used the typical x86 architecture versus arm have more standardized chips that would allow tails to work correctly?
yes, sorry, I skimmed the OP and assumed he meant an Android or Windows Mobile style travel tablet rather than a full blown x86 machine. If the WLAN chip is something you'd find in a desktop or laptop that would work under ubuntu, it's probably supported in Tails as well. However it would also need USB storage and the capability to boot from USB since...

>okay, would there still be benefits to running GNU/Linux on a wifi-only 2-in-1?

The same benefits as on a laptop, ricing potential and low level access for development. I wouldn't recommend it for Tails because Tails should really ALWAYS be booted from an external device which is read-only (liveCD, liveUSB), rather than installed to a system's storage.

I really wanted both. The security of tails and something to play around on, since I doubt I would run tails as my main is (obviously).

Yeah I would really need a device with USB I suppose, I thought maybe tails could be booted via otg but I'm sure that's convoluted and not really worth doing.

Salty cuck, aren't you?

hmm.. really makes you think

think about what?

Well you can't have everything. Pay more for a microshaft wangblows tablet or choose between convenience and security.

>The security of tails and something to play around on
You can run Tor in most any linux distro. You won't get the same low-level tinfoil hat as Tails gives you, but will remain mostly anonymous/opaque to (at least) the sites you are visiting and your ISP.

Check out Tor Browser Bundle.

Can android handle tasks using Tor (with downloads, encryption etc.) just like any other linux distro?

Would you all trust it for tails related tasks?

Android can use Orbot which is a slimmed down Tor application, it supports both explicit and transparent proxying of apps.

I would never trust android+tor as much as I'd trust Tails, of course, because so much of the OS and hardware is our of your control. However, I do use Orbot quite often and have many of my apps (orfox web browser, telegram, signal) routed through it.

I wouldn't trust tor on anything but a librebooted thinkpad running tails or debian.

Do any of the thinkpads have nice screens or is it all TFT garbage? I suppose it would be the cheapest way to get a system that can do everything. Not as fun as a tablet though.

Also I would obviously likely be buying a refurb or used system since I want to get something real cheap

If this is the future of tech. PCs already need that UEFI crap to run win 8, 10 (as will future windows releases).
Assuming thats the beginning, I'm just wondering when hardware based surveillance will happen.

Now might be a good time to horde old motherboards lol.

I have a T420 which I replaced the screen panel with a third party version (Dell Alienware) after my cat jumped on it and shattered the crystal.

Would recommend, it looks much better than the original.

You can attach a second display through HDMI.

How much did you pay for your replacement? You installed it?

The t420 is honestly, screen aside, pretty overkill for my tasks.

If you're on a list or whatever the NSA might intercept your mail and solder a few extra things onto those motherboards. I know I sound like a tinfoil hat moron but it has happened before.

Yes but holy fuck I don't want to have to do that. Might as well just build another PC if I were to do that.

Actually have an almost complete mobo, maybe I should do something with it. Just need a psu, case and hard drive. Also maybe a gpu since it only has a x4 965 CPU.

>How much did you pay for your replacement? You installed it?
The screen is from an Alienware M14X R2. This is actually a pretty common swap into the T420. They cost about $50.

Installing was kind of a pain in the ass, but not so difficult I'd recommend against it. You can follow the instructions on Lenovo website, the parts themselves are identical. Probably took about half an hour.

I bought a dock and second display for my T400. The mouse and HDMI cable are plugged into the dock. When I want to take my laptop elsewhere I just take it off the dock by pressing a button on the side.

From what I see it's not even a 1080p screen? Just 900p?

Running mint 17.2 on an EliteBook 2740p, no issues so far.

Who is this semen demon?

I want to punch her in the face, rip those stupid bunny ears off, rip her tights open and rape her in the ass while continuing slapping and punching her and finish off by cumming in her face and then wiping her ass juices off with her face