TEXTURED
E
X
T
U
R
E
D

Flat. I don't understand why people like complex textured icons, it looks too overwhelming.

Textured. Flat is shit.

Flat is objectively better and anyone who thinks otherwise is a closer queer.

Material.

gradient with shadows

I like the way they took out any reference to games in the Game Center icon and just replaced it with bubbles.

Textured for Apple.

Flat or Material for anything other than Apple.

NO interface should be anything but flat, ever.

Flat textured.

Look REALLY closely into the settings window. There's a really subtle pattern which spices things up a little, without standing out.

Flat with a hint of textured and a subtle drop shadow.

Also you now can't really tell what Photos is all about without looking at its label. With Safari it's worse actually, if it's your first time with an iDevice you might think Safari is a Maps clone or some shit.

Apple's flat design looks worse because its 90% flat with just a bit of texture to annoy me. The textured icons were the best around.

A fucking sunflower is more representative?

Also anybody who isnt's a mouth breathing retard knows that is the safari logo.

Textured, with the exception of that flat music icon, which looks lovely.

Photos icon looked like a photo, now it's just colors or something.
Betcha your mom didn't know what Safari was till you told her.

Textured. Jony Ive has gone too far.

I don't care because I don't spend all day staring at icons

Flat.

pixels.

The old one looked quite better.

>passbook, itunes, and app store aren't in correct place
TRIGGERED

flat looks fucking shit
I've always thought so
It makes shit harder to differentiate things because they're all flat minimalistic bullshit that a 2 year old could have made in paint

dfc

Maybe because an iPhone 5s was my first smartphone, but I'm okay with flat.

OS X, however, needs to go back to "textured."

>you will never again hold shift as you click minimize and be amazed at how smooth the animation is
>you will never set magnified size to the largest value possible and slowly move your mouse along the dock
>spotlight will never be like it was

>Learning how to use illustrator for stupid shit
>Stuff comes out textured and I find it ok
>Look around at designs from many places
>It's all flat, flat, flat and more flat

Man I wish I wasn't so mid 2000s

LMAO
Literally the worst design language ever created

Material design: for people who only know how to code shit and don't want to hire a designer.

This. Everything else looks like a little girl's diary.

Flat for normal use, textured for neo-retro aesthetics.

>software developers spend decades trying to make textured UIs
>"minimalism" takes over

Flat, but with more textured aesthetics. Also, when they switched the photos app icon from the flower to that color wheel it fucked me up

I still can't find that shit at a glance, and the game center looking quite similar in palette is distracting as well, making it tedious to find what I want, because I have a rare sight condition.

... are you me?

Why has everything started becoming flat?

I hate this shit.

What is a good textured icon set for nova?

Easier and cheaper to make

Flat is the correct answer. UI is there to do a job, it's not an art peice, it dosent need detail.

For a long time I bought into the Dieter Rams principles of design but I am starting to realize with software textured is more intuitive.

So your phone has a cardboard case?

/thread

first for flat lolis

Don't worry.
It will go full circle eventually when everyone gets tired of the flatness, then we'll go back to textured, then flatness, then textured, and so on and so on.

Lolies are already flat, retard

Flat

there are big boobed lolis, like Hestia.

be my flat loli user ;3

Fuck off vomit chan.

That's fucking disgusting, faggot.

that's why I asked you, since you're a degenerate disgusting perv, so what you say :3

>degenerate disgusting perv
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

This. By far the best design out there of the major OSes. Flat, but without forsaking gradients and textures. God tier fonts and animations. Just delightful to use, iOS design feels primitive and made by a 12 year old that just learned vector drawing by comparison.

Aero glass

Flat. Ives' iOS makeover was a home-run imo. Still looks great; if anything it looks best when they first made the switch.

Flat and monochrome is how I like it.

All of those effects still exist and look exactly the same in 10.11.

Textured, only because the flat gradients make no sense.

Phone gradient goes up, Mail gradient goes down. Why? Where is the light source in this bizarre world?

I liked textured way back then but flat grew on me

I like material design, which has a great sense of depth with its shadows while not being too simple or too complex looking.

UI autism belongs on

I wish to be the little girl.

Except iOS looks good

Texture was only used before to facilitate people that weren't into technology to use it. In this case, its what made iPhones popular. The iPhone interface looked almost exactly like real objects (limitations aside) and this is what really made it victorious over the competition at the time (windows mobile, blackberry, etc). We are in different times now, there is no reason to keep using that design language.

>no reason to keep that design
Nigger look at how much they breathe compared to 7+

Stop lyin

Textured. I wish I didn't upgrade to iOS 7...

Textured. Flat looks like shit.

that looks awful m8.

Have you even used iOS7+? I get that from screenshots it might look kinda boring, but when you are looking at the screen it looks fantastic. Kinda like WP.

I think something in between is neat, I think they nailed it with the OS X redesign, that's a nice balance, although I think they could make it look a little more serious.

Anyway, if I had to pick one of OP's pics, I'd still choose the flat one. Just makes a lot more sense in my eyes.

>God tier fonts
Confirmed for having no clue. The awful half baked fonts in Android are the clearest proof that Android's design team are amateurs.

IMO that very subtle shadow really makes the buttons pop.

The one on the right only works because you know you're looking at a screen full of buttons. The one on the left naturally invites you to press down on them.

Flat is the skeuomorphism of the 2010s.

Textured >>>>> shit >>>> flat

Office 2007.

Textured.

Notice how the weather icon gives detailed information about temperature and the flat version just has a picture of clouds and sun which could literally mean anything.

Oh look, our expert is talking

The textured. I still use OS X Mavericks and iOS 6. Also, please stop referring to the old GUI (filename) as 'skeuomorphic'. It means the way UI works, not the way it looks. The new 'flat' GUI is still skeuomorphic, just looks shittier. I'd be actually happy if we got a non-skeuomorphic interface, so we'd trash the whole desktop metaphor for something potentially better.

>Mavericks
>textured

You might as well go to El Capitan, if you've upgraded beyond Snow Leopard(the OS of patricians). Mavericks is trash

well the old icon didn't mean anything either, it was a fucking static image

It looks roughly the same
I actually like some aspects better, like the window controls and some icons. Really the Aqua was peaking in Jaguar (2002) (before the textured metal), and at Mountain Lion. Even though i agree that buttons and scrollbars were way better.

textures with the bottom bar being flat.

strawpoll.me/10802630

test

Text-only is the future.

The old one because Im a hipster faggot that likes to be against what is popular, just like everyone here. That is why I hate Apple too.

But dont worry, once they move to a new design I will start liking flat.

Apple is no longer popular, m8. Time to go back to the suffering

either is fine, but the flat iOS has much better color palettes, and that's honestly what matters more

That's correct. I was indulging in nostalgia.