/embedded/

What has Sup Forums built recently?
What is Sup Forums working on?

pic related:
a board with a buzzer, some led array and an atmega8a which is programmed with a usb bootloader so I can easily put my sketches on it.

Other urls found in this thread:

fusor.net/board/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10778
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I made an LED blinker with an Arduino.
I'm so proud to be part of the #maker community.

lol nice, m8 XD
*brofist*

>he forgot to remove the seal
>or he hasn't washed

Lel whats up with these buzzer stickers? Bad chink translation?

How can I start writing C embedded stuff on x86 processor?

I don't see how OP's board is that different from an arduino except for him laying and soldering the parts himself

t: Arduino shill

programming in pure C is just a tiny bit more complex, but generally they do exactly the same, yes.

How is programming stuff for Arduino "less pure" C? Because it uses arduino specific bindings?

>best thread on Sup Forums
>no good replies
wew, consumerism strikes again :^)

How can I get into embedded development? Is Arduino a good starting point for learning the basics and then moving onto real stuff?

you don't want to get wave soldering or flux wash inside it. it's why buzzers & speakers are so expensive, a human has to remove the sticker.

5v 3pst relay

yes, that's what I did.
wow, nice clocks, m9s

arduino is like a weak OS. you have to let the loop() function return for many functions to work properly.

using 3 of these

neat

What are some good beginner projects? Just do something you're interested in?

Btw how haram is it to take power for devices from Arduino's 5v pin? I know its a no-no when using a raspi, but can Arduino handle it? Talking about servos here

No big deal, just a fusion reactor.

fusor.net/board/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10778

I wouldn't draw more than 20mA

I'll try to create a 8x8 led display with frame buffer in shift registers. But I don't want all leds to be lit at all times, some kind of pwm would be good.
Use transistors to drive load.

Most avr are 20mA per pin and 200mA total

dont drive servos directly, use an external with common ground between everything. Motors are current hungry.

I'm sure there's a way to market huge resistors to audiophiles.

"Larger resistors = larger sound stage"

Would it be possible to create "custom firmware" for a digital watch like the Casio F91W? I mean like taking out the original microchip and replacing it with some other one and programming it to function differently? I know it wouldn't fit, but this is for fun and experimentation

>inb4 terrorist watch bomb fuse