France: Windows 10 collects ‘excessive personal data’, issues Microsoft with formal warning

betanews.com/2016/07/20/windows-10-excessive-data-collection-france/

Other urls found in this thread:

betanews.com/2016/07/21/microsoft-response-cnil/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

______________¶___
|religion of peace ||l “”|””\__,_
|______________|||__|__|__|] beep beep!
(@)@)*********(@)(@)**(@)

>without their consent
You do give your consent by install Windows 10 and accepting the ToS.

O Y V E Y
Y
V
E
Y

maybe they should use that data instead to prevent terrorist attacks, instead of being edgy anti data collection shitlords

If even our jew rided government warns against this, then it's very worrying

Finally Europe is waking up to fight against M$ faggotry.

Not having muslims immigrants is the most simple way to avoid terrorist attacks. No need to shit on your rights

That's some amount of irony right there I think I can't cope with

The french government would not give any fucks about spying on its people and using it as an excuse to "prevent" terrorism and yet they suck the islamic cock real hard.

Liberals here and there are trying to make it look like we have some freedumbs here and there and we shouldn't have our data tracked and whatever the fuck but when it comes to getting rid of the rotten corpse that is the european union or checking who comes in or out we have a huge fucking problem right there. France can take microsoft's merciless dick and balls for all I care.

Europe has always taken a sterner stance towards companies who get too big for their boots.

Intel for example, with the shit back in '04.

>Not having muslims immigrants is the most simple way to avoid terrorist attacks.
Too right.

>ISIS "We have tens of thousands of militants ready to fight for us!"

>2 years later, tens of thousands of military aged muslim men 'flee' into Europe from the middle east.

>ohnoez! day are collecting dataz! much personal informationz are at riskz!

Rofl Harris

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

>The french government would not give any fucks about spying on its people and using it as an excuse to "prevent" terrorism and yet they suck the islamic cock real hard.
Not really actually.

The CNIL is incredibly effective and really fucking annoying, and also gets into both police and military matters, and they're crying every day about the CNIL preventing them to do their work. It's one of the reasons they're having a hard time tracking down terrorists.

Jokes aside I'd take one for free any time of the fucking year.

Windows 10 made me switch permanently to Linux.

Ubuntu GNOME is comfy enough for me. Linux can do everything I need just fine as well.

Yeah Apple is known to respect your freedums.

How is this relevant to Windows 10 collecting person information?

Probably not this exact problem, but the KAT guy had his email and iTunes IP handed over to the police by Apple. So, it's not perfect either.

Do the crime, do the time

>uses an android phone, is afraid of microsoft getting info
>lives in the uear 2016 and is afraid of companies having their info

Pandoras box was opened a decade ago and there is no going back. The only way for companies to not have your information is to go back in time. If you think now is the time to protest youve already greatly missed the boat and are about to drown in the ocean of information.

dumb ass faggot

>France

Should we talk about champagne too? Fucking off-topic bullshit.

I'm willfully ignorant. I like windows 10 and would still use it if they personally read every document I typed and looked at every single thing I had ever done on my PC.

You must be new here.

Give it 15 or so posts and the traps will be here.

It's not a matter of what is done with the information, or why.
It's a matter of principle.

This is equivalent to someone coming up to you, saying they're from *INSERT COMPANY HERE* snatching your phone out of your hands, and reading through your texts. No person on earth would be okay with that. It is human nature to defend yourself, and thus your god given right to privacy.

betanews.com/2016/07/21/microsoft-response-cnil/

>Interestingly, while not denying the allegations set against it, the company does nothing to defend the amount of data collected by Windows 10, and also fails to address the privacy concerns it raises.

ToS is not a binding contract in Europe.

This, a ToS in Europe is more like a set of house rules. They are not legally binding in any way.

what said

a few years back I would have simply replied "lurk moar faggot" which sounds antagonistic as fuck, but it was all for good intentions. The implication was that one, as a newbie, would simply observe what was already established as accepted behaviour and start posting when you felt comfortable and knew the ins and outs of Sup Forums. This does not apply just to Sup Forums. Look up "eternal summer". It has happened since the creation of the very first internet communities.

Now, the joke simply is that France is full of muslim people and that they defend it as "religion of peace" even when they are getting attacked more often than other major countries by ISIS. The truck driving into people, most recently. Get it now? now, do yourself a favour and lurk moar faggot.

Shouldn't you guys be more worried about your isp collecting shit?

And yet people are okay with android and iphones? Windows 10 isnt anymore egregious than anything else out there.

You can circumvent your ISP's methods of data collection with relative ease.
At an OS level, not so easy.

ISP doesn't give a fuck what I do as long as I pay the bills, MS does

>And yet people are okay with android and iphones?
At no point did I imply this.
Most people are ignorant enough to even accept that companies would dare look at the messages you're sending people, and when enlightened to that fact, they're outright livid. See the direct aftermath of PRISM for an example.

French are fucking cucks. They could be collecting data to stop terrorist attacks, but have to whine about muh privacy. They get what they deserve. I don't care about windows collecting anonymous data and flagging suspicious data because I have nothing to hide.

If you stay with windows 7 or 8 its the same shit becuase the privacy stuff is being patched in. So either you never dowbload any updates again or yoi get spied on. I say who gives a shit, especially if you are american. You are already apied on by every company under the fucking sun, whats another one?

Most ISP's aren't interested in doing so. They already have enough statistics and performance related data to store.

You don't have to be new to be pissed off about off topic bullshit taking over every thread. It's fucking dumb to start arguing about Muslims and shit just because the thread is related to France.

Stupid shit is still stupid shit. You don't have to be new to see that.

tell this to the owner of KAT

Enjoy your WC 10

>The CNIL points to Windows 10’s telemetry service which gathers information about the apps users have installed and how long each is used for.
WOW IT'S... IT'S...

fucking nothing