3 BILLION DEVICES

3 BILLION DEVICES

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10800451
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's a lot of poo.

15 rupees have been added to your account Pajeet.

Daily reminder that Java Embedded requires royalty and standard Java Runtime only works on glibc (Linux).
So which device are you counting ?

oy vey, remember the 3 billion

Herpes is also found on billions of humans, doesn't make it good

>2/3 of them are DVD players

3 billion devices
5 gb of ram per fizzbuzz
0 poos in the loo

What's the relationship between Java and poo loos?

Poo:Loo

1=1

I can't believe 99% of Sup Forums are NEETS... Learn Java and get a job faggots

>Without resorting to memes, explain what's wrong with the Java™ programming language.

Well?

no

Thanks for coming in for the interview. HR will contact you in a few days regarding the status of your application. Please close the door on your way out.

can't get a job with java cause all the jobs got outsourced to street shitters

Cant get a job cause you're shit. The only fucking programming i see here is shitty fizbuzz or similar exercises for 12 yr olds.

Build an Android app, build a small game, develop a simple webapp, anything really except this bullshit thats on here.

java is such shit. how did this happen Sup Forums?

it doesn't work for creating websites that users access because browsers don't support it well anymore.

it's versioning is terrible. sometimes you'll download a java update then it will turn out that the automatic java uninstaller did not work so you have to remove it entirely from your computer and reinstall it all then it turns out that it still doesn't work so you need to check the path variables and environment variables are in the right place on PC so it can go wrong and be awful and take ages to fix before java works again.

it can't be used for casual webstuff , and its automatic garbage collection means that it probably isn't suitable for perfoamnce sensitive stuff, so it has a pretty narrow spectrum of things that it is useful for.

it's advantages are taht it is quite an easy language that makes sense and is intuitive but it's got a limited range where it could be considered one of the best tools for the job.

>java
>shit

enjoy having no polymorphic enums fgt

You're retarded

>15 years ago
>it promised to be the future of programming language
>1 code to run on all machine
>now it's just shit program that break on all machine except pc
Luckily i learned c and c++ too

skill doesn't matter when they can pay pajeets to do it for a 10th of the cost and make shitloads more money because his work is Just Good Enough™ to not make everyone who uses it put the effort into jumping ship to a different product

why do you think perople still use Facebook?

Same story with VHS VS Betamax, beta was the clearly superior format in terms of audio and sound quality as well as the construction of players etc, but VHS won because even though it was relatively shitty it was Just Good Enough™ for people to be willing to buy VHS instead because it was cheaper

>idiocracy was a documentary

you're just shit at it. I never had to compete with pajeets and got every job right after the interview

You're the retard.

so much of a retard you can't even articulate your thoughts, just blurt out objections like a frustrated toddler.

>it doesn't work for creating websites that users access because browsers don't support it well anymore.
holy shit. Sup Forums in a nutshell

My sides

oy vey, it's time for my weekly yacht purchase

it's what plants crave

>this is how much the average /dpt/ Fizzbuzz Engineer knows about Java
Applets are not and were never used for """creating websites"""

Java Server Pages were and still very popularly are used for that, along with the template engines and various other utilities that JSPs come with

>100% backwards compatbility
>"it's versioning is terrible"
What?

also, turn the fucking auto-updater off, retard
all you'll ever need is some build of the latest major version (currently 8)

what? your websites aren't 100% clientside java applets?

>so it has a pretty narrow spectrum of things that it is useful for.
yeah

"only" enterprise software, meaning all kinds of financial, telecommunications, medical and governance systems
you know, the shit that pays really well and the the shit that this world runs on

>using jsp when things like nodejs exist

JSPs can be easily coupled to work with Java-based backend systems, which will always be superior to any nodejs trash

So what the fuck do I use that is a general purpose language that isn't Java?

COBOL.

Thymealeaf or even JSF are much better than JSP though. Everyone is currently using angularjs plus Spring REST as backend anyway, but I don't like it.

there is no real alternative to Spring

I didn't mean like that. I don't like to use it only as a REST service and having to maintain all that JavaScript crap. MVC is fine.

C. Accept no substitutes. There may not be many jobs that require it but who cares? At least you will know how computers work.

>you'll live in poverty but it's alright, at least you're a /dpt/ approved programmer!
good thinking

>enterprise "software"

Enjoying your corporate cuck lifestyle?

I'll tell you, it sure is nice being self-employed working from home and getting to use whatever tech stack I'm feeling like this month.

This.
A million million times this.
O(n^2) Times this.

>developing enterprise software and freelancing are mutually exclusive
are you retarded?

redpill me on big O and small o, user.

BAD GOY ARE YOU INSULTING THE 3 BILLION?!

strawpoll.me/10800451

>Yeah at least you can write fizzbuzz all day on /dpt/ with the other loosers.

Do yourself a favor and learn Java

>little o
1. Don't code in java
2. Big: Grows faster than
Small: Grows slow than
3. Omega and theta notation, dont worry java dev, im sure your shitty fucking mysql connected 10k user database of unsalted pw's gonna be fine dad. No need to worry about things like performance.
4. That moment when volatile keyword saves you from shit compilers.

Guice.

guice

???

guice is only for dependency injection, it doesn't offer any MVC shit and is nowhere close to Spring in functionality

>front end dev looking to get into back end stuff
>fall for the C/C++ meme thanks to Sup Forums
>6 months later I start looking for jobs
>4x more postings for java devs
>the C jobs that did exist were mostly senior positions that I was in no way qualified for
>mfw

Man fuck you guys.

> having 10 years of java monkey experience or 10 years of C experience.
> the difference of $100k per year
kek

>listening to neet hobbyist fizzbuzz programmers

>but who cares? At least you will know how computers work.
If you want to know how computers work, skip learning C and read a book on how computers work.

>>but who cares? At least you will know how computers work.
>If you want to know how computers work, skip learning C and read a book on how computers work.
"work" as in function, not "are made".
Does this magical 'how things work book' gotten for a 5 year old handle use cases? No, obviously not.

> I read instructions of how turing halting machine 'works' in book
> Now I can operate one.

Nice bait 10/10

It's just slightly easier than C++ and a fair bit less powerful. However most developers will gladly trade that power for more dependable code.