1060 vs 480 Benchmarks

Jesus the 480 gets annihilated.

Other urls found in this thread:

hardwareunboxed.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-benchmark-review-25-games-tested/
imgur.com/a/AtDcb
computerbase.de/2016-07/asus-radeon-rx-480-strix-test/2/#diagramm-call-of-duty-black-ops-iii-1920-1080
eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-review
techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_1060/22.html
guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_1060_review,23.html
hardocp.com/article/2016/07/19/nvidia_geforce_gtx_1060_founders_edition_review/8#.V5ErJvmANBc
techspot.com/review/1209-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060/page2.html
pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/GeForce-GTX-1060-6GB-Review-GP106-Starting-249/Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>the 480 even loses in Ashes of the Singularity
Holy kek AMD is finished.

j..j..just wait f-for the d...d..driver update op.
> still believing catalyst has been or ever will be anything but the hallmark of shit since bitcoin mining with gpus.

oh cool another shitty review came out

I'll just stick with hardocp and guru3d instead of this shill crap I've never heard of

>RIP 1060

>AotS with 25 more FPS on the 1060
I sure believe your fake graphs, OP!

Seriously you know it's bad when AMD can't even win in their own sponsored games.

It's a shit card, shit at DX11 and even shit at DX12, without massive overclocking.
AMD dissapoints again and again, its pathetic.

It's not fake, source is here: hardwareunboxed.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-benchmark-review-25-games-tested/

To clarify, I didn't mean you faked the graph on photoshop. I mean the measurements themselves are fake.

Everything is fake when nvidia wins, right? The RX 480 is a ultra power card, it beats a 980ti and gtx 1070!

based sapphire. When are they going to release that shit

>The RX 480 only 1-2% worse than the 1060 in Ashes
>While being 5-20% cheaper

Thats not to bad I think.

>18% clock increase increases performance by 21%
Its like you're actually retarded

Also, threadly reminder that the 480 only gets massive gains when using hyperthreaded i7 or $2000 cpu. It loses its lead when paired up with a older cpus which many people who are considering this card will have.

No, it's fake when it magically goes against every single other review where AotS runs way better on AMD.
The fact that you just posted more strawmen just cements my conviction that you're a shill paid to post slandering the 480.

>£10 difference between aib 1060 and reference 480

I know, another solid win for the 1060. You'd have to actually be retarded in the head to consider the 480 at this point.

There's actually only a $10 difference between them now.

1060 is the #1 best value GPU you can buy.

>Reference card throttles hardcore in games, AIB card must do the same.

Undervolting ref 480's give a performance increase by reducing throttling in the same way. Retard.

i7: from 88 to 121= 38% improvement

7 year old i5 CPU: From 63 to 81=30% improvement.

You must have to many chromosome

Low quality reference 480 vs founder's 1060 with premium materials.

>i-it's all a lie!

Rekt

There's basically no reason to buy a 480 now that the 1060 is out

>1060 clocked to the tits 1fps faster than an AIB 480
>clock the 480 a little more and the 1060 gets destroyed

Nvidia, the way gamer are meant to be played.

No one is claiming the 480 gets a boost. If you didn't lack basic reading comprehension and weren't blind, you'd easily see that the 1060 has a lot more to offer with these lower end cpu and that it takes a convincing lead.

>post yfw you bought a Pascal GPU.

>Maybe if I pretend like he's stuttering he'll go away
Next time when you post lies try not to pick the one game that has been reviewed as running an order of magnitude better on the 480 to fake

>the one game that has been reviewed as running an order of magnitude better on the 480

Please, show me all these incriminating benchmarks from reputable sites which show it to be "magnitudes" better (eg 20+ fps). I'm expecting at least 5 sources as there have been about that many showing the 1060 is better in aots, in this thread.

1060 will be literally shit compared to 480 in 2 years, screencap this.

There is a 4GB version Rx 480 Retard. Thats 199. Now lets do the math. 199 to 250

>Not having the 4GB version because it would be off the charts

>i-it's all a lie!

>4GB

What happened to all the amdrone shills who said 4gb is dead? There were literally threads on here for months back in the 970/390/980/390x time when they were all screaming from the rooftops about muh 8gb, yet now it seems they're contradicting themselves. I guess I'll take their own facts and say 4gb is dead too, I mean, they did say it after all. :^)

Tldr; rx480 4gb is worthless trash according to amd fans themselves.

Nice try nvidiot it doesn't matter because amd users only play ashes of singularity.

At least it's actually 4GB, instead of 3.5

What? Every reliable review has the 1060 either a couple of frames ahead of the RX 480 or a couple of frames behind. I haven't seen a test from a no-shilling website yet where the difference is huge.

You mean
> At Least its 4GB instead of 8 Oh wait...

The exact response I was waiting for.

Can you please show me pictures of the 970 PCB with only 3.5gb vram modules? :^)

T-THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING! I'M IN CHARGE OF THIS BOARD! FUCKING NVIDIAFAGS CAN'T Y-YOU JUST LEAVE ME ALONE! YOU BULLIED ME IN SCHOOL FOR BEING A POORFAG, YOU BULLY ME ONLINE AND NOW YOU BULLY ME ON MY PRECIOUS IMAGEBOARD!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING NVIDIAFAGS LEAVEEEEE

ebin

kek amd poorfag

Where are my sources? I thought you said "it magically goes against every single other review where AotS runs way better on AMD."

kek

You're the retard here.
Going from a 6700k to a 750 with the GTX 1060, you lose 10% performance.
Doing the same with an RX480, you lose 29%.

Dat AMD driver overhead is a bitch

Yep.
Strangely, Vulkan doesn't appear to reduce the driver overhead penalty. It*s actually 33% in Doom according to that graph.

>You actually thinking the left is is DX12 while the right is DX11
>Or you just that stupid with math.

Dark color=DX11
Light color=DX12

Why are you faggots comparing a $250 maximum (aftermarket cooler and branded) card to a $250 bare minimum card for a reference cooler and less RAM? Why are most of the people in these threads shit flinging retards?

Uhh the aftermarket 1060 is $249, pic related

Why do people keep posting these threads? Nvidia is better than AMD? Oh wow, no shit, Sherlock. Why not compare BMW and Lada while we're at it.

Nothing I said in that post had anything to do with DX11 vs DX12 (it's not even DX12 but Vulkan you twerp).
Learn to read and then learn to think logically because clearly you aren't capable of either.

What the fuck, where did I hear that 250 was reference only. Well fuck me huh.

he's right for the most part. going from the 480 + i7 at 121 fps to the 480 + i5 at 81 fps is a difference of 39%.

doing the same thing with the 1060, going from i7 + 1060 at 104 fps to i5 + 1060 at 103 fps is only a 0.9% difference.

basically the 480 loses nearly 40% of performance in vulkan when shifting between the newer and older cpu whereas the 1060 barely loses 1% of performance, also in vulkan.

Aftermarkets are €269 in Europe too.
Same as the shitty rx480 refs.

I actually ordered a 1060 today after I heard that there won't be a price drop and Sapphire Nitro will cost €299.

Pajeet fucked it all up.

NVIDIA ALWAYS WINS BABY

in my eastern euro cuntry, the 480 and 1060 cost the same, but is it worth it buying the cheapest gainward or zotac brand?

Zotacs have decent enough coolers for 15% OC.

Yes, they cost the same, but the point is that nvidias cost the same as the reference radeons with the shitty coolers.

Boy I'm glad I'm not poor. Its so good getting rich, you just get the best shit and don't have to fuck around and count pennies and see which GPU you have to get for your money and which is best etc etc.

I'll be getting 2 1080Tis when they come out. It'll be better than anything AMD offers.

Zotac is fine. I don't know much about Gainward.

Shekel distribution in an arbitrary unit multiplied by 6 thousand shekels.

Here we can see TH's in the leading position for the maximum absolute amount of shekels collected, while, on the other hand and quite surprisingly, [H] losing as many shekels as the average profitability for the majority of reviewing sites.

Tom's Hardware coming out on top with a whopping total of 87,6k Shekels
Hardware Canucks with 54k shekels, which looks quite meager in comparison to the first place and followed very close by Hexus with 53,16K Shekels in the third place.

If anything common logic says that if 8/9 reviews favour 1060GTX then HardOCP is the shill website.

> 480 recommended price by AMD: 199$
> 480 actual price by vendors: 249$
> 1060 recommended price by nVidia: 249$
> 1060 actual price by vendors: 249$

Nice bribing.

By that logic both low and high outliers should be ignored, which means the result stays pretty much the same.

Tom's Hardware have always been shills, these fuckers actually shilled for the GeForce FX back in the day and recommended it.
The one generation ATi completely and unquestionably dominated with better hardware and software, and TH shilled for Nvidia. All you need to know.

You missed the fact that the Rx 480x inputs were normalized with the current prices (average price gouging). While they decided it was a good idea to levae the MSRP for the 1060, the top score @ 120%.

It's the same kind of shillery than using Vulkan openGL in order to skew the total average performance charts - hint a 20% makes a huge dent on a mean hovering around -5% to +5% (on 15 or 20 sample points)

Well duh 480 is half

This is fake bullshit, you'd think AMDummies would at least learn their lesson from the last time they bought into this FUD

lol i still remember when those fake benchmarks came out from some chink site claiming a 480 was faster than a titan x at 1400 mhz in dx11.

Ignoring the voice of reason amongst the shillmongers.
Ignoring the only angel lost in the midst of devils.

yeah, I know, got lazy to quirky a quirky entry for them. And they baffled me with their review, they're probably shilling FOR AMD to get back in line to exchange for sweet review samples. Which is weird, because I doubt they don't have the funds to get the cards themselves. maybe there are other things going on.

Every review is fake.
Too much money involved to let things like neutrality get in the way.

You should get a sample of 5 AMD shills and 5 Nvidia shills and renormalize the scores to get a good grasp on things.

The only problem is that we don't have 5 AMD shills...

we have like half the board on Sup Forums who are AMD shills

Popular, well known ones.
On youtube the only one I can remember is Adored, as for tech sites I don't think I could name a single one.

Lol seriously. So much fake AMD hype. Then the real results come out and it's always disappointing. That's reason enough to buy Nvidia, at least they actually back up their results.

Im new to graphics cards and I want to get a 1060. There are different versions like MSI, Zotac, and EVGA. Whats the difference?

Now, this is some next level shilling.
Publish review where card A roflstomps card B.
Release an errata a day later with corrected results.

imgur.com/a/AtDcb

Conclusion: the Rx 480 looks a lot more competitive now. But it's a shame because no one will bother anymore.

You can check the reviews, they all have little differences.

EVGA is a very solid brand, can't go wrong with them.

Evga = best nvidia vendor. best looking cards, generally cheaper than the gigabyte, msi, asus alternatives but perform just as well or even better.

msi = expensive compared to evga and zotac but offers barely anything more other than some software. you're essentially paying more for the brand name.

zotac = the best budget nvidia cards you can buy. good cooling and overclocking. you're paying less than everyone else but you do lose features like dual bios or custom pcb which helps with overclocking. you don't really need that stuff anyway unless you're an enthusiast.

tldr; if you're willing to spend more, buy evga. if you're only willing to spend a little amount then the budget zotac cards are for you.

Asus Rx 480 Strix review
computerbase.de/2016-07/asus-radeon-rx-480-strix-test/2/#diagramm-call-of-duty-black-ops-iii-1920-1080

>stock 1060 slower than the stock 480 in witcher 3

damn, the more computerbase benchmarks i look at the more i lose trust in them. every other review so far has shown the 1060 to have a nice lead over the 480 in this game.

computerbase is a known Mohammadian AMD shill site

the more i see of their benchmarks the more i believe this. this is like the 10th benchmark from them that's been posted in the last couple of days that have really weird results. i mean,. since when was the 390x faster than the 980 in gameworks witcher 3? even amd fanboys won't claim this. also gtx 970 at 30 fps? the only way this could be happening is if 8xmsaa hairworks was on but this would in turn cripple amd performance too, instead of giving them a lead.

1. computerbase are either lying about their results
2. they're running with 8xmsaa on hairworks but they reduce tessellation in amd catalyst so the amd cards don't take a hit, but the nvidia cards do.

very fishy. i think i am not going to believe any computerbase benchmarks from now on. there's definitely something weird going on with them.

Battle of heatsinks / PCB's.
This is something we all can play together.
Except Sappire, XFX and EVGA.

Which one is better?

see

They aren't lying.
They're simply cherry picking best case scenarios (e.g., that one scene/level/whatever where the card they want to promote either performs the best or the one they want to discourage, the worst).

And don't cry foul, everyone does this. You're finding it strange because in this case they're doing it against your prefered brand.

+1 fps AMD masterrace, nvidia got rekt!

>not waiting until 2018 and buying a volta

You idiots are just throwing your money away.

techreport bench

>not six million shekels

Come on, even thought nvidia is richer than top 20 countries by GDP combined that's a lot of dosh to spend shilling on a mid range product.

>mfw dx12

Hues gonna pay as much for the 1060 as they did for 970's special editions at launch or 980's at a discount...

what? i'm simply stating that they get skewed results which are massively different to all other reviews out there. how do they get very different results to everyone else which is suspicious. take their claim of the 480 stock being faster than a 1060 stock for example;

eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-review
>480
>1060

techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_1060/22.html
>480
>1060

guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_1060_review,23.html
>480
>1060

hardocp.com/article/2016/07/19/nvidia_geforce_gtx_1060_founders_edition_review/8#.V5ErJvmANBc
>480
>1060 (+ hairworks on)

techspot.com/review/1209-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060/page2.html
>480
>1060

pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/GeForce-GTX-1060-6GB-Review-GP106-Starting-249/Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt
>1060
11% faster than the 480 on average (don't know how to get exact frame metrics from these shitty graphs)

hardwareunboxed.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-benchmark-review-25-games-tested/
>480
>1060

here are just 7 benchmarks from the first few pages on google which all unanimously show that the 1060 is faster than the 480. computerbase are getting such different results it's actually suspicious. stop being a fanboy here.

scrap that, that's well within 390x and 980tis range, at current prices.

>They did not even try overclocking it to maximum
wtf is this shit?

>They did not even bother overclocking both cards to their maximum.
fixed

it's no fair when they do it to meeeee~