Why isn't Debian the most popular Linux distro?

Why isn't Debian the most popular Linux distro?

>Basically a better version of Ubuntu
>Respects your freedoms
>Uses sudo-apt
>Very easy and simple to use
>Lightweight

Other urls found in this thread:

nhentai.net/g/168494/1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah, but, source?

SAUCE YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

-Ancient stable
-Unstable unstable with no install cd
-Bad default configurations
-No ppas
-SJWs everywhere

Just use OpenSuse if you don't like Ubuntu.

S A U C E

I once tried to configure ncmpcpp for it, but since it used a hugely outdated version nothing worked. So I use arch.

nhentai.net/g/168494/1/

>fag shit
what a shame

Thanks user.

>2016
>cd
ayy lmao

>fag shit

>Uses sudo-apt
It doesn't even have sudo by default

Kill yourselves, male love is disgusting and impure.

>when it comes to gay blowjobs, ones never enough right?
But onii-chan it's not gay if I fuck your boypussy after

boy pussy is technology

Discuss

What's the voltage?

can i get it on amazon prime?

>Ancient stable
In case of Debian stable actually means stable. As in: tested to death, rock solid, production server ready stable. Which is mutually exclusive with bleeding edge. For desktop / non-production machine use testing.

>Unstable unstable
Duh. It's called unstable/SID because it's an unstable development branch. Are you a Debian developer? If not, use testing.

>Bad default configurations
It has the most sane defaults I've seen in any distro, but I guess that depends on your definition of bad / sane.

>No ppas
Thank God for that.

>SJWs everywhere
I've been a Debianfag since before SJW was even a thing.
Hell, I've been a Debianfag before Ubuntu (newbies everywhere), Gentoo or Arch (autists everywhere) even existed.

Don't like the Toy Story naming system.

no

yeah debian testing with security backports from unstable is neat.
but the installation process takes a long time and meta packages pull alot of shit compared to ubuntu. Also ancient nvidia drivers , so you have to install from nvidia.run package or backport from experimental.
it does, if you dont enter a root password at install it makes the user an sudoer, literally like ubuntu.

>sudo-apt

stopped reading there

Debian was too stable for me that it got boring, so I moved to Gentoo.

>-SJWs everywhere
Who?

you what

/thread
Source:
debian oldfag

Cuck, enjoy getting software removed because it triggered feminists.

Because Mint is the best.

Mint has some retarded defaults that need to be fixed. Also Mint is just an Ubuntu spin.

I don't find much wrong with the defaults. I just change a few things for preference reasons. Cinnamon is so much better than Unity that it is not even funny, but trying to get Cinnamon working on Ubuntu proper is a headache, at least the last time I tried it.

>no install cd
What next? It doesn't come in floppy disks?

>unstable as shit even with the stable branch, even more unstable than plain ubuntu which is based on debian unstable
>muh freedumb turned up to 11, complete with logo autism
>if you install any non-stable-branch package whatsoever, you have to update at least half the entire system to the same non-stable branch
>less packages than ubuntu
>no convenience features like one-click install and driver jockey

Debian is just plain sad. Probably worthy of being in a top 10 worst distros list.

Lol nobody uses big ol floppy discs like that anymore user, it's the future now

Arch never failed me. Debian is better for servers I think, even if some people use it in desktops or laptops. The stable version is old as fuck. I never used Unstable but I heard it's better to use Arch if you want fresh packages. Also apt-get is slow, not really a fan.

>how do package dependencies work
>I'm lost without my clickity-click features

Debian's biggest sin is giving birth to Ubuntu and its retarded userbase.

>>Very easy and simple to use
the lie that's the killer
even arch is easier to install things on

Here we can see a typical debtard in his natural habitat. Observe his confusion and cluelessness when presented a post. His natural reaction is to string random words together in the hope that they are meaningful to the previous post. At first glance, this behavior could be mistaken for a similar habit in parrots, but further examination will show that parrots are significantly better at surviving on their own as they do not possess the same handicap.

apt-get is easier

pacman is faster

>apt-get
>easier
Haven't laughed like that in years mate.

If you've had difficulties with apt-get you should laugh even harder.

>it's not a bug packages with a function, it's a featureful function!

>It has the most sane defaults I've seen in any distro, but I guess that depends on your definition of bad / sane.
Hasn't it started enabling installed daemons immediately? That's always startled and confused me.

>Debian is better for servers I think, even if some people use it in desktops or laptops. The stable version is old as fuck.
I think this is pretty much it. A distro stable enough for production servers is going to suck as an experienced Unix user's desktop/laptop OS.

>He likes boys