How fast or cheap does Zen need to be for you to consider buying it?

How fast or cheap does Zen need to be for you to consider buying it?

It should match at least the skylake architecture in speed, as in core-to-core and clock-to-clock. Price can be the same. But if all they can make is an 8 core Zen that is only as fast as an i7-6700K when using all 8 threads, then I will pass on it for sure.

>zen doesn't have SpeedStep(TM)?
>zen doesn't have Turbo Boost Technology(TM)?
>zen doesn't have IntelĀ® Quick Sync Video(TM)?

Thanks but no thanks.

$100-130 for the midrange, $180-200 for the top range.
Same as the FX currently, pretty much.

intel fanboys exist?

wow

if that's the case, then ZEN will be a colossal failure.

FX at $100-200 is purposeful since it's shit. Zen at $100-200 is an affirmation that it will be just as shit and unworthwhile as the FX series.

There is no point of it being more expensive, since you can just buy intel, that will be better guaranteed.

It depends on not just performance for me. If it has PCIe lanes to rival socket 2011 i might consider it even if they performance is not there as not much is CPU bound anyway. Assuming the price is right at least.

If it isn't as efficient as Intel I wouldn't take it if it was free.

AMD has some decent cpus at $100-$180 now so I hope they have a Zen cpu in that range.

Will its on-chip graphics be as good as HD graphics?

about tree fiddy
($350 dollars)

It's not about speed or price, it's about CORESSSSSSS

It has to be faster than my i7 5930K

ie: not happening

give me a 65W, 4GHz, 6 core/12 threads at around 300 bucks and i'll buy it.

Will they have mITX boards and or support DDR4?

>but if all they can make is an 8 core cpu 'only as fast' as intel's current fastest single threaded cpu, i'll pass
you retards hype up way too much

forgot to add, please gtfo with the apu garbage. don't invlude a graphics chip that almost nobody uses in the mid/high end range.

use the space for more cores. pretty much all enthusiast will buy a dedicated gpu. you can throw a graphics chip in the low end.

>quick-sync
Opinion discarded.

summit ridge is fx series, no igpu

as fast as a fat 3rd gen i5, with the same or less heat/power needs.

I want a 8 core. It need to be significantly faster than i7 5820k.
I've been stuck with a 2500k for a while. Haswell was a disapointment and Skylake wasn't much exciting either.

The reason I don't buy an intel HEDP is because they are ridiculous overpriced.

I'd jump back to AMD if they manage to deliver a proper octa core costing 500USD or less. Otherwise I'll just get Skylake sucessor.

>couldn't afford an X processor
fucking poorfag

and it has to cost 100 bucks or less.

2500k brother