Is building a computer one of the hardest things you can do?

Is building a computer one of the hardest things you can do?

Hell no. The only time I ever goofed up was when the processor got stuck to the fucking heatsink. Had to heat up the thing to remove it.

Yes.
If you build it from scratch.

Making the individual parts is hard.
Putting them together is not.

Yes

Choosing compatible parts is the "hardest" part.

PSA: Stop telling people it's easy

>dat pile of dead mobos he had
>the tabasco

This photo is cringe

You'll need to put some thermal paste on there first

I honestly don't see why people can't put it together outside the case, if it is their first time...

logo is supposed to be the thermal paste, you dense faggot

Kek happened to me when I wanted to replace my stock cooler with an aftermarket one, ripped the cooler off and the CPU came with it

>I """""""""build""""""""" computers

Building computers is the normiest thing you can do. it was even in the latest marvel movie.

can i just buy one of those dell workstations and be good to go for gaming n shit?

If you design the architecture and actually engineer the devices: Yes
If you play electronic Legos and put together prefab components: No.

Assembling a desktop PC from retail parts is really easy. Cables only fit where they belong and if you're not sure, there are good manuals bundled with the part and on the internet.

Building a simple computer from scratch is pretty hard and you need experience with electrical engineering and digital systems.

Building a modern PC from scratch is incredibly hard, even for big corporations.

no, and I don't know why the media try to make it out to be. At this point it is literally just fitting shit together like a puzzle, shit just won't go where it is not meant to. There are only 3 common mistakes to be aware of:

>make sure to install the stand off
>make sure to apply thermal paster
>remember to plug in the CPU fan

It isn't like it use to be where you could push shit in forwards or backwards, and putting it in backwards would risk frying shit. Pretty much everything is keyed these days,

Just buy some gaming shit rig off eBay that some "entrepreneur" makes. Check the motherboard and lookup what it's compatible with as far as processors and video cards. Then the shit tier 300-400 computer you bought can be upgraded without much effort by swapping out the video card and maybe processor if you really need a better one.
My friend did this because he was convinced he would fuck up hard and figured swapping out 1 part at a time would be easy.

they always have those ridiculous looking led cases. I just want something looking workplace tier that can also play a moderate amount of games.

It's LEGOOOS
LITERALLY LEGOOOS

From mining dem ores to mining dem coinz

tfw my parents don't have anything to brag about there useless son so they keep telling people about how I built my own computer

kys

It's probably one of the most stressful the first time you do it. Anyone who didn't get stressed the first time they built a $600+ PC is lying.

Building a computer from scratch? Yes.
You need to design chips, implement everything create firmware etc...

But if you actually meant assemble a computer from parts then it's literally the easiest thing ever.

jesus christ

from scratch ya it is probably the most technically demanding task on the planet. Just look at how specialized and restrictive the cpu, flash memory, etc markets are. There's a reason you dont really see custom cpu startups n shit

>the "hardest" part
It is impossible to mess that up thanks to sites like pcpartpicker.

>not going on logical increments and buying a system

like a computer to use normally: not at all

no, I built mine in like a day and a half, couldnt figure out how to stick in some faceplate but I got it.
if you just follow the manual and make sure everything is compatable its not hard

So easy an idiot like me can do it.

Put your trip back on, falcon

its very time consuming and a lot can go wrong but 2nd time is way easier.
sometimes the difficulty for beginners can come from shitty documentation included with cases
last build i did had nothing regarding standoffs and what screws go where
finding where to plug shit on the motherboard and the fear of components being way more sensitive than they really are also make the 1st time scary

Underrated post

what did you do for one day and a half?
i couldnĀ“t stretch it for more than an hour if i tried to

it isn't like it used to be when trips were used for someone relevant to the thread. Pretty much all tripfags are subhuman trashlords these days.

No. Having one stay alive is. I'm practically replacing a component every year now, even though I don't want to.

i never understood how people actually manage to fuck up their pcs to the point where they have to make replacements that are not performance upgrades more then once every 5 years

That sounds like shitty luck. I can't even remember the last time I had a component actually fail on it's own. Maybe a cheap PIII mobo or something? I had an 8600GTS set itself on fire a while back, but it still worked

yes, especially ripping circuits in waffle with 32nm needle is hell

only harder thing is hacking databases

>OH SNAP COMPUTERS
>BETTER NOT CHEAP OUT ON COOLER, STOCK i7 ONE SHOULD COOL MY PENTIUM MMX WAY BETTER THAN DEFAULT ONE
>NOW I JUST HAVE TO GLUE IT TOGETHER
shutterstock never fails to amuse me

this

>"building" my computers since pentium mmx
>almost always purchased used parts (except PSUs)
>had two dead components through my entire life (psu, it was chieftec back when chieftec was still awesome, it also killed gpu)

I guess it may be about cheaping out
>hey, chinapowah 5000w psu should be okay, and it's $5 on sale
>this used mobo looks like someone spilled water on it buuut auction says it's 100% functional

Tfw home brewing a computer and I forget multiplexors for bankswitching and shit

Inventing the universe is a pretty hard thing to do.

Not really, people just assume it's hard. I'd say it's hard to fuck it up.

Building a computer is on the same level of playing with legos.

It's really hard to fuck up building a computer.

No, but my dick is.

I remember that faggot, lucky kids with rich parents.

ayyyy