What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

amd.com/en-us/press-releases/Pages/press-release-2016jul21.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=wLR5u_Tw8lA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no release date for the 470
blower coolers are still a thing

They are running out of money. Chip development isn't exactly cheap.

Fuck off with your stupid reddit tier meme

> running out of money
Can't say it's not true, but now they get more money than before.
amd.com/en-us/press-releases/Pages/press-release-2016jul21.aspx
> tfw Sup Forums shilling finally paid off

Too much poo, not enough loo

ATi having been bought by AMD.

ATi not Canadian

Nothing

Bad leadership and not enough funds and brand name lost much of its pull

(for example i hate amd because of the rabid fanbases faggotry on g)

amd autist pls stay away from my post even if it hurts your feelings

Shouldn't hire a Pajeet.

They didnt make a full Amada anime

Stop making new cancer threads

coincidentally Amada first appeared when AMD was going to shit with bulldozer

I support AMD but it cannot be denied that Intel and Nvidia have a RND and shilling budget several times larger than AMD.

How many people here owned an ati gpu. My last one was a 4850x2

Their R&D money goes to different things
Nvidia has to worry about spending their money on experimental shit like car GPUs and Tegra.

I had a Radeon in my first prebuilt PC and it was the worst piece of shit ever. Switched to Nvidia and never looked back, even now I laugh when AMD releases some disaster.

ok

I had a 5850, it was fine.
Now I have a 390. It's fine too.

i had an ati card in my first pc as well and it was wonderful, nvidia, particularly their high-end cards, are a fucking disaster to buy. the gt 260 lacked dx11 support, if you had bought an hd 5xxx at the same time it came out you would have been set. the gtx 780 which is still a monster today can't even dx12 even though it has the horsepower for current and future dx12 games. Meanwhile AMD cards that are over a year older run dx12 no issue whatsoever. Nvidia = planned obsolescence to the extreme. Unless you only buy lower or mid range cards, have a shit cpu, or don't care that you're not getting your money's worth, stay away from nvidia at all costs.

It's kind of nice to not be FORCED to upgrade before the card is too weak to run games simply because of launch errors related to them refusing to keep drivers up to date. Or at least, be able to give it away or sell it to someone who can use it when you do upgrade rather than toss it in the bin.

It's merchant madness from nvidia.

Whats not pictured here is Nvidia's budget for shilling and paying off devs to use Gameworks and avoid DX12

My first was an ATI Rage 128 followed by a 9200SE, 9550 and finally a 9800 Pro.

My laptop has a HD 6370m, but the ATI branding was dropped with this generation.

nothing nvidia is just better it's like comparing pajeet to one of trump's children

>nvidia shilling

the only shills i've seen lately have all been rabid AMD shills

Disgusting.

Pajeet and lil trumpy are equally bad

I daily a 4890 2gb in my media center.

Those RX 480 project cars benchmarks are totally relevant.

Why are anime fags so retarded?

Just slap in a HD6450 in there instead of that retarded housefire piece of shit.

It must be nice when your mom still pays the bills...

DELETE THIS

Can you give some details pls? I've been eyeing it for a while and need to know some user experience (not just benchmarks) on how it performs

rx 480

except it is relevant. who the fuck cares if it doesn't work properly on amd cards. the people who are interested in the gpu have the right to know that game doesn't work properly on amd gpu.

>Filename
Hopefully you got paid for your time effort. :^)

>yfw

>yfw

Too much poo

affordability fetish

linux should gold gtx 1070 in his hands

>using the smiley with a carat nose

there's enough poo behind the scenes at nvidia and intell too

animes a fad now.
people will refuse to admit that they're a part of it.

Lmao

>not buying both AMD and NVIDIA to try both
whats your excuse poorfags?

This tbqh

I'd rather not spend $20-100 on shipping and restocking fees.

Not supported by hackintosh

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA

This.

Even with Zen, AMD is piggy-backing off Samsung. I am sure some fag will respond with "they own the licensing/patent blah blah blah" but just owning a license does not get you an entire facility and staff.

Radeon 9200SE and 9600. So quite a while back.

AMD is what went wrong. ATI used to make pretty good GPUs, but after AMD took over things started going to shit. RTG may make good product again with less AMD interference, but I severely doubt it.

What went wrong? How about losing the trust of your consumers forever with your housefire card that is fucking up systems out of the box.

Nothing. Even when they put out good cards you gullible kids only bought Nvidia. Now here we are.

ATI was bought in 2006, so there were quite a few good cards by AMD also.

>Amd buying ATI
>amd pissing off all the good engineers
>good engineers jumped ship to intel, apple and even nvidia
>Retiring the ATI brand name, instead of renaming yourself ATI
>VLIW5 stream processors were a mistake
>60% less efficient than nvidia shaders
>GCN was still a mistake
>GCN is only 50% less efficient than cuda
>Amd is waiting on DX12 and ASYNC compute to make up the lost performance difference
>Best case scenario GCN is only able to use 75% of all stream processors when doing folding and other heavy compute tasks
>Polaris was a step in the right direction but a misstep too
>Polaris is not efficient enough for the power consumption
>Not powerful enough for the tdp either
>It's only saving grace is it's cheap
>I still bought one cause fuck nvidia gimping and killing old cards
>DX9 days ATI and nvidia were always neck and neck
>Amd ruined ATI

This
Have a 660GTX and getting a rx 480 nitro now

This is probably what caused the 480 power problems.

There are two kinds of graphics cards buyers.

Those that buy anything.

Those that only buy "the way it's meant to be played".

Nvidia-only kids are the Xbox equivalent of PC gamers. They just go for the mainstream shit each time.

Asian woman = terrible drivers.

ATI sucked, AMD bought ATI which sucked? Now AMD sucks?

>I only buy Nvidia
This is why ATI/AMD despite making good cards in the past has a hard time competing.

some people just don't want to roast their mobo, you know.

>living this so hard in denial
If AMD would make good products, have good customer support and make proper drivers people would buy AMD instead of Nvidia.

X1300 to 5770 to 6870

then I got a GTX 580 for free and went with that

Then why did you fags buy Fermi when AMD was better at that time? Every time AMD made a better card they should have had the market share lead, but no, you fags had to be mainstream consumers.
If you owned an Nvidia card besides GTX 295 when HD 4870 and HD 5870's were out, you should be ashamed of yourself. Sometimes the brand loyalty just shows in a bad way.

How much money does AMD do off consoles?

>nvidia gimping
What?

Over the next two or three quarters the stock hike, continuing multiple console wins, aggressive price segment attacks and Zen's release should see a steady gain in real cash to AMD. Thus R&D money should increase (nothing ridiculous) quite well and a focus on design optimization/enhancement will bring more of the same: More in the right direction, more fixing of past mistakes, more driver optimizations, and more competitive products down the road.

>What went wrong
I assume you mean comparing the 1060 to the 480.
The only big debacle was the PCI-e overdraw "fiasco" which was fixed in a week. Solid mistake which thankfully reviewers picked up on from the start (Now if only a certain GTX cards physically permanent but unfixable mistake were heralded from the heavens the same way).
You can assume many things but the most likely are that there are moles everywhere, AMD certainly knew what Nvidia has been up to, and the 480 was pushed as hard as possible in a "guns blazing, caution to the wind" retaliatory response. To great effect I might add, since many stores report having Ten Times the 480 stock not just sold but paid for and waiting to be delivered as 1060s

>What hasn't happened yet
460/470 versus 1050 (more of the same). Vega versus 1070/1080 (unknown outcome, many in-the-biz and some in-the-know rumors of Vega being a different arch revision than Polaris). Zen performance leaks, Zen release (A solid bet is between Ivy and Haswell performance but with a weaker FPU, inconsequential for the majority of home users)

And to close, this really does feel like the 2XX/4XXX era: Price competitive mainstream parts but with no answer to the lead company's top end king. Here's hoping Vega is a contender to the 1080, we all win with good 'ol competition.

Huhuhu

Not much at all.

▲ ▲

bout three fiddy

x600, x1950 XT, HD 5870
Then I went Nvidia with a 770. Sure as fuck never doing that again.

had a gigabyte 7850. it was the gtx 1060 back in the day. cheap, low power draw, fast enough.

I had x600, 5770 and now I have amd r9 280x this one have been pain in the ass so I'm getting 1060 or 1070 next.

Out of stock

I ran 5770s in crossfire for about a year. Since then it's been nvidia for every new build.

>stay away from nvidia at all costs
You know, unless you want to play games st reasonable frame rates.

>HD6450
>to replace a overclocked HD 4890 2gb
Are you retarded?
The 4890 is on the same tier as the 7770 and highly OC'd AIB cards like mine are close to 7790s.

Electricity isn't expensive here in rural Clapistan.

Shit card desu
7770 is the one of the best amd has released

My 4890 is performing admirably for a 7 year old card. Unfortunately i may be forced to retire it soon due to lack of DX11 and DX12 capability.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little Nvidiot? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class at MIT, and I’ve been involved in numerous silicon wafer manufacturing with graduate students, and I have over 300 semiconductor foundries. I am trained in electrical engineering and I’m the top CEO in the entire semiconductor industry. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe your Nvidia card the fuck out with floating-point precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking 8GB VRAM. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of High-Bandwidth Memory all over the world and pushing 4GB of Textures on your GTX 970 right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your 4GB VRAM. It’s fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill your GPU in over three-point-five billion bytes, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in Asynchronous Compute, but I have access to the entire arsenal of DirectX 12 and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable GPU off the face of the continent, you little shill. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “4GB” card was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking wallet. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit Fury X all over your GPU and it will drown in 4GB of textures. It’s fucking dead, kiddo.

What is this image supposed to represent?

the amount of cum in your mom over time

AMD having far better long term support.

9600 pro > eh3450 then got a lappy with nvidia

no, games started using compute heavily and kepler gutted compute performance in favor of standard graphics throughput. you can easily see this by comparing kepler with fermi in standard compute benches, where fermi is ~2x as fast per flop.

everyone knew this since the day it was released and could have easily seen it coming.

Maxwell is even MORE gutted but does not suffer the same effects.

Actually, in terms of cash money AMD has over 200%+ more cash than nvidia, and that was before making 1B this quarter.

That is also split to a CPU department.

lol what are you talking about?

maxwell increased the amount of shared memory per SM by 50%, which was the main are kepler cut down on

96KB per SM vs 64

look at anandtech's original 980 review. maxwell slaughters kepler in compute performance.

anandtech.com/show/8526/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-review/20

7970 OC
Currently R9 280
Soon ???????
Profit

The fat guy looks like this guy who works at a local gun shop in my town lol