JUST YOU WAIT NVIDIA. RX 480 WILL PERFORM BETTER THAN 980, OC TO 1500 MHZ AND ALMOST REACH GTX 1070 LEVEL PERFORMANCE...

>JUST YOU WAIT NVIDIA. RX 480 WILL PERFORM BETTER THAN 980, OC TO 1500 MHZ AND ALMOST REACH GTX 1070 LEVEL PERFORMANCE, WHILE ONLY DRAWING 100W POWER
>RX 480 ends up performing 5% better than GTX 970, draws over 160W, and becomes a laughing stock because of the PCIe power issues
>It also overclocks for only about 5%
>IT'S JUST THE REFERENCE DESIGN, THE CARD IS THROTTLING BECAUSE IT CAN'T GET ENOUGH POWER
>AFTERMARKET CARDS WILL HAVE BETTER PERFORMANCE, AND WILL OC TO 1400 MHZ OR MORE
>HERE, HAVE THIS WCCFTECH ARTICLE, IT SAID THERE ARE SAPPHIRE CARDS THAT REACH 1500 MHZ
>GTX 1060 launches, and is everything that RX 480 should've been
>JUST WAIT FOR THE AFTERMARKET CARDS
>Aftermarket RX 480s come out
>Factory overclocked models have 1 fps higher performance than reference, only overclock 20-30 MHz higher than reference cards
>THESE SITES DON'T JUST KNOW HOW TO OVERCLOCK
Most hilarious launch ever.

What will be next?

>WAIT FOR 490 user!! it will be as good as a 1080ti in triple sli

>What will be next?

"JUST WAIT FOR VEGA"

Nvidia shills go back to Sup Forums

Id buy AMD buy the latest cards are a bucket of shit

>What will be next?
Probably Async Compute on nVidia

I don't even game or have a custom build but over the years I've just noticed AMD is for budget niggers and Nvidia is premium.

see

Such brand loyalty... Are you crying right now?

Good goy

>GTX 1060 Memory Bus Width
>192-bit
>GTX 780 Memory Bus Width
>384-bit

Wtf is up with this?

manlytears is based because Sup Forums hates him
Sup Forums is that way buddy

What does that have to do with how shitty amd is this generation?

you need to go back to Sup Forums
here let me help you

are you AMaD?

You seem mentally unstable. Are you a tranny? Or perhaps a failed game dev that got roasted by Sup Forums?

Btw rx480 sucks.

Love when you poor sadacts get all salty

Narrower memory bus is cheaper.

My 680 is even 256-bit.

Move onto the next assignment Sukhvinder.

Nvidia shills

tfw you go from AMD to nvidia but you still like AMD products and people are bitching at each other about both teams.

Is Sup Forums AMDrones safe zone? Why? Because your POS cards can't run any game?

what the fuck is with this cancerous shit board and its obsession with Sup Forums?

you faggots came in here and ruined our wonderful TECHNOLOGY discussion

video games are for children

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.
Not once did pajeet say the RX 480 would poo in loo and wipe its ass with a 1080, nor a 1070.
Pajeet said the Polaris generation was targeted towards making gaming and VR affordable for the masses to get into and that it would be making 1080p/VR cards for under $300.
Pajeet pood in the loo when he delivered on his word.
Pajeet didn't even use and funky marketing techniques or lingo, he just said, we aren't chasing the most powerful title, we're chasing best price to performance ratio.

Really wish I was a mod so I could just delete any and all GPU threads whenever they pop up since it's always Sup Forums bleed over and a bunch of circle jerking fucktards from both red and green team sucking themselves off

is this your first time on Sup Forums or something?

is it yours? for all other boards it's reddit.

Retards here on Sup Forums did spread plenty of nonsense and FUD alike.

There were people here constantly talking about the RX 480 hitting 1600mhz. This board is populated by absolute morons who talk out of their asses constantly. Try to explain how pipelines and clocking works, detailing how short pipeline arches aren't high clocking speed demons, and you get nothing but shitposting thrown back at you.

Well you seem surprised that some boards are just shit posting most of the time. If you just want reddit rated stuff then why are you on here then.

>the 1060 can't even reach 1070 tier performance

nVidia BTFO

It's almost like AMD fans have been oblivious to real world results for the past decade and just ignore anything that doesn't help their case, and outright lie to people about the capability of their favourite products.

Me tryna be as neutral as possible.
I would like to think there are still some AMD fans out there that don't pull what some do on here including my self. I'd like to think that some still view things with a clear objective view point.

The 480 is well positioned for a future that will actually happen ie widespread lower level apis.

>AMD promised that Polaris has 2.5x performance/watt compared to Fiji
>The RX 480 has equal performance/watt as Fiji

I don't know how anyone can defend this.

Do you have a source on that?

The entry level Polaris 11 cards have higher perf/watt. They're not clocked insanely high like the 480 is.

As and AMD "fan" i'm going to be honest I really can't defend it. The only thing I can say is that the company's RnD isn't really doing well right now. Yes I do cry myself to sleep at night.

>Guys I'm totally not a paid nVidia shill! I'm team red, a true AMD fan! By the way the 480 sucks and you should buy nVidia.

I came here to lurk and get educated on gpus and pc stuff in general, but damn it's hard to plow through all the shilling and shitposting

>tfw yuropoorian
>tfw 970 is a bit cheaper than the 480
>tfw 1060 is a bit cheaper than the 480
goddammit amd

the RX four-gay-tee turned me off of AMD for good. they have no ability at all to produce high performance parts.

it's tragic too. Nvidia makes all these cool advancements with gameworks and physx that will never see widespread adoption because of their shitty locked-down nature. and this will never change because AMD will never be a serious competitor

so you're saying that as an AMD fan I have to bitch at everyone who says the 480 isn't the greatest card of the season? If that's the case then I guess i'm not a true AMD fan.

No, I'm saying you're a terrible shill and nVidia should hire someone else.

you're the reason why the AMD community on here is looked down upon.

480referencte card or 1060 reference card? Im on a 6600k.

>>Aftermarket RX 480s come out
>>Factory overclocked models have 1 fps higher performance than reference, only overclock 20-30 MHz higher than reference cards
>>THESE SITES DON'T JUST KNOW HOW TO OVERCLOCK
TPU never touches voltage or does any extensive overclocking, just moves the sliders for clock rate up.

Also the STRIX has a 44Mhz baseline overclock, and it's the lowest overclock of any of the AIBs.

This is probably the most blatant shilling i've ever seen on this site.

goddamit not everyone on here is a shill.

1060 unless you're destitute

although at least with the 4gb 480 you can download more ram

I think that when he just gets so triggered after getting this far through the thread, he just resorts to calling everyone a shill.

Holy shit the shilling on here is real

KYS.

Nvidia shills go back to Sup Forums

And by wonderful technology discussion he meant Linux fags fighting over which DE is best and showing off their weaboo rice while macfags circle jerked in a corner

Why would you buy reference anything?
Nitro is $20 more than ref 480, and still cheaper than 1060ref

>mfw my literally 2 years old meme card beats brand new 480RX non-ref model
>AMD fags on suicide watch.

w'sup beta fags.

480 Nitro

Um no?

go back you stupid niggers

KYS already, nobody cares. AMD has to die and your obnoxious lying and shilling about inferior AMD products should be rewarded with a perma ban.

holy shit don't u morons guys get it? the 480 WASN'T MEANT TO BEAT THE 10XX CARDS! wait for the fucking vega before u talk

>Thread discussing new AMD card
>Nvidiafags start shouting their superiority
>AMDfags start shouting their superiority
>Nvidiafags win every time
>AMDfags start ignoring the argument and say "go back to Sup Forums"
That's what you call, "a pussy"

AMD = budget
Nvidia = broke
Vidyagams = fun shit

The card doesn't correlate with the hobby so shut up fags.

>nobody cares
>still gets a reply
hmmmmmmmmm

the only issue with AMD closing shop would be the monopoly nvidia would have on the market.

>told the truth
>can't counter
>sends to Sup Forums
AMD is fine but the people who own them are a bunch of pussies.

>Nvidiafags win every time
get off our board you underaged faggot

DELETE THIS!

I get 1080 and 70, but it absolutely should have been competitive with the 1060. AMD blew it.

They already have the monopoly. AMD is irrelevant. Even if they released a good product their opinion is so fucking bad here in EU that people would still prefer an inferior Nvidia product. Clearly AMD doesn't mean shit since Nvidia still managed to bump their prices by $100 for each card.

But Volta is going to be released before Vega...

Nvidia lied with their performance graph
They lied about 4gb
Why are you so angry over something you won't even buy?

Finally, some real thinking.

>inb4 >HAH

not sure if you're being sarcastic or not.

and you are a literal cuck

Buy it clearly is competitive, upsetting nvidiits to no end

>EU
opinion disregarded

This is the absolute worst place to learn anything about either company's cards. Its a great place to learn about how to ironically shitpost and how to pretend to ironically shitpost.

This isn't a meme. There's no way you're posting about how bad AMD is several times a day without being paid or having brain damage.

>AMDfags start ignoring the argument and say "go back to Sup Forums"
>get off out board you underaged faggot
>literally just won the argument for him, user

well idk anything about the EU since I live in the states. But I get what you're saying though.

I never said AMD was bad, I just said I can't defend a card that hasn't proven to meet expectations or the enormous hype train. Am I wrong for thinking with both sides fo the argument in mind? Like fuck me for trying to be logical right?

Ever see a sports team fan argue about sports teams when sports wasn't on tv?

How about the guy that sits in every one of these threads and tells everyone who criticizes amd to go back to Sup Forums? Does he do it for free? Is he shitposting ironically? We may never know.

there is no argument its just a shill talking to himself

Dumb stupid poorboi AmD shills have been defecating all over Sup Forums, and it is now time to put a stop to these legion of anus-cavities. Let us put all the facts on the table, eh?

-The nVidia® GTX 1060™ has excellent and spectacularly superb performance in FULL High Definition
-The AmD poorboi RX480 can only barely manage to play games in 1080p (1080p is a pathetic 75% LESS than ultra High Definition)

-The nVidia® GTX 1060™ is very quiet! You can barely hear it.
-The AmD poorboi RX480 generated dozens of DECIBELS of noise. Warning: Being in the vicinity of dozens-of-decibels CAN damage your hearing!

-The nVidia® GTX 1060™ consumes only a tiny amount of power. It is very efficient!
-The AmD poorboi RX480 has been seen to gulp down a cringe-inducing 167 Watts of power! 167 Watts can run several electronics devices simultaneously.

-The nVidia® GTX 1060™ can be had for as low as $249.99! An amazing and generous price.
-The AmD poorboi RX480 is available for purchase for as much as $370! What a scam!

-The nVidia® GTX 1060™ uses advanced technology, such as Gameworks, G-sync, PhysX, and more!
-The AmD poorboi RX480 suffers from total and complete lack of features.

-The nVidia® GTX 1060™ is from nVidia, a company that makes Graphics Processing Units. They are professionals.
-The AmD poorboi RX480 is by AmD, ewwwwww!!!

-The nVidia® GTX 1060™ has superior drivers with an excellent track record (more like chauffeurs, really).
-The AmD poorboi RX480 failed to offer better value thanks to their overwhelming driver overhead.

-The nVidia® GTX 1060™ will cool your house
-The AmD poorboi RX480 causes literal housefires (Google "RX480 California housefire of 1998")

-The nVidia® GTX 1060™ is beloved and admired by all
-There is literally no reason to buy the AmD poorboi RX480

(1/2, the idiocies of the disgusting AmD poorboi RX480 will be continued in the next post)

>tripfag
>>>/reddit/

Because this board has now turned into Sup Forums 2.0: Electric Boogaloo.

(2/2)

-The nVidia® GTX 1060™ has a warranty for 2-3 YEARS! That shows the level of quality and commitment you get from nVidia.
-The AmD poorboi RX480's warranty is only a FEW dozen MONTHS. Pathetic!

-The nVidia® GTX 1060™ is friendly, helpful, and nice to your motherboard.
-The AmD poorboi RX480 will FRY and DESTROY your motherboard, because it draws TOO MUCH power from the PCEi lanes! This cannot be fixed by poorboi AmD! (Google "RX480 PCEi power issue).

-The nVidia® GTX 1060™ simply works.
-The AmD poorboi RX480 causes crashes when using Chrome.

-The nVidia® GTX 1060™ benchmarks speak for themselves. This is science and you cannot deny it.
-The AmD poorboi RX480 benchmarks comes from sites that were bribed or coerced into portraying AmD poorboi products in a positive light.

-The nVidia® GTX 1060™ is often the choice of people who prefer democracy and peace.
-The AmD poorboi RX480 can be found in the homes of people who live in dictatorships. Be good, and do not support the suffering of these people.

-The nVidia® GTX 1060™ is for independent thinkers, people who value freedom and dignity.
-The AmD poorboi RX480 is known to have been purchased by Communists.

-The nVidia® GTX 1060™ will provide years and years of fantastic gaming performance.
-The AmD poorboi RX480 is a gimped card, sold to the exploitable and uneducated masses.

-The nVidia® GTX 1060™ creates an aura of respect and professionalism.
-The AmD poorboi RX480 is for, like, you know, losers, omg.

I respect myself. I am not a loser. I am not pathetic. That is why I will purchase the nVidia® GTX 1060™ (maybe two of them, for SLI). What about you? Are you a wonderful nVidia supporter, or an AmD poorboi loser?

retard go back to

saem

>implying there is a problem with redditfags

>inb4

lmao...

there isn't. but when people like come in here complaining that everything isn't like reddit.

rip

Hes making fun of nvidiots like you, retard.

am I a bad person to like both?