Shit do/g/, what is the best DE out there for ubuntu normie fags

Shit do/g/, what is the best DE out there for ubuntu normie fags

Plz do not post shit de like gnome

Cinnamon / MATE / Gnome / KDE

But seriously, don't use a DE, lightweight WM (Openbox, i3, ...) are way lighter.

to be honest i just want to make my desktop look like the ones in the desktop threads

Then anything will be fine : just install conky and configure it, use a simple wallpaper and open a transparent terminal emulator with some code.

Tbh i think i should just install arch for this kind of thing

If you're happy with ubuntu, then stay with it : it can be pretty lightweight if configured properly. Then if you have time to spare go for arch but it can be hard to install for normies.

yeah well i think as long as i use a tutorial it should be simple

you are fucked, they use weird deprecated shit to feel special. Sometimes they do cool stuff with color schemes and minimal configs, other than that most of the faggots on desktop threads are elitists pieces of shit with barely functional desktops.

If you have a small res screen tiling wms (awesome, bspwm, i3, etc) are really good and you'll get used to have multiple programs in full screen or split screen in different workspaces. Openbox and Xfce are decent too and you can do a lot with either.

My suggestion is that either way you try whatever you want and google around a bit. Unless you are installing gnome or kde most of the des and wms are easy to install and to get rid off if you need to. Hope you find something you like.

@55703992
moron

lol

>@55703992
kek

go back to #plez and choke on dick, socket faggot

Few things can compete with Unity and once you learn to use the HUD feature it becomes godlike.

Adding to this, spectrwm is a good WM and it's easy as piss to edit the config.

@55704534
irc is for nerds
and even if I did use it I certainly wouldn't join a garbo channel like plez

>Different IP
wut

@55704766
lol

@55704766
haha

@55704766
kek

@55704766