All memes aside

All memes aside
What's the best operating system for a PC?

gentoo

W7

all memes aside
there's no conclusive answer

Plan 9
9front

Windows 7 Enterprise Edition

Debian 7-8

You know what I'll just do my own damn research

OS X

It depends on what you want to do with your pc

Vista

Windows 10.

This.

Hack photosynthesis

/thread

The one I use

This imho tbqh senpai.

iOS because it's based on OpenBSD but has many user interface improvements.

> 2016
> Not using FreeDOS

This. Windows 10 is honestly the greatest and more secure Windows yet, plus it's free.
/thread

It's well known that iOS is a great desktop OS

GNU/Linux-libre

Depends on what you want it for. If you only want a facebook machine you can use pretty much anything, but if you need ample hardware support and compatibility with lots of software the superior choice is Windows; only in Windows you can have the tools to get actual work done.

PC=Personal Computer.

for the longest time that meant that you should be able to trust it with
personal information as long as you didn't put it up on the internet

i don't know about you, but all of the coperate operating systems (wangblows, macos, ios, android, chromeos)
blow this with their integrated cloud services and closed software components.

the solution to this problem is obvious though: use multiple machines.

> build yourself a wangblows pc to game (if you didn't grow up yet kid) and use it exclusively for this purpose
> build yourself a beautiful gnu/linux machine with old non-backdoored hardware and go for max compatibility since you will use it to develop software or surf the web
> build yourself a non-backdoored android phone that you use to surf with torbrowser, that is completely stripped of all vendor software+deblobed and doesn't have google services installed (fdroid apps are fine though)
> get yourself some shiny new phone to play pokemongo and that has multiple separate identities attached to it.

replace windows/android with apple shit if you so desire.

in short: nothing is perfect, but you use multiple systems you can live relatively free + use the latest and greatest people expect you to use.

if you stop doing what everybody else and the techpress expects of you,
and just want to use your computer to do computing, you will become happy with gnu/linux though.

Memes aside, Windows 7.

OS X. It is the only Unix(like) that works.

Windows 7. In the future, who knows?

>Windows 10 sucks
>Macs are overpriced
>Linux takes too much work

>autist asks stupid question
>gets autistic answers
>spergs out

Should have researched in the first place, child.

Windows 8 a faster 7 with more features and a different start menu.
Also you can install OS X on normal hardware, often easier than linux

Hannah Montana Linux

Good luck to install OS X on amd hardware ...

>HE FELL FOR THE AMD MEME

MAXIMUM KEK

Any Linux, excluding Ubuntu.

GNU/Windows

Windows 10

Really depends on what you want to do.
For most people, Linux simply isn't viable due to work/school programs or games. If that's the case, your best bet is windows 10, unless you're too lazy to debotnet windows 10 or don't trust the methods of turning off telemetry. If that's you, then go for Windows 7.

If you can use Linux, it mostly depends on how much time you're willing to put into learning and using it as well ad hardware.
General purpose I'd say debian wins. For low end hardware Lubuntu is nice.
For beginners or people who don't want to half make their own os mint and xubuntu are nice.

Ubuntu is the best choice you fucking dip

windows or os x

only use linux if you want nothing to work

Autist replies to autist that replied to autist who's also getting a reply by an autist