Is this the best premium laptop out there right now?

Is this the best premium laptop out there right now?

>thunderbolt 3 fully supported
>4k glossy screen better than retina screen
>real 15.6", literally no bezels
>thermal solution is the best. it actually lets you use full power of your i7 6700hq because cpu never throttles, tops at around 80C, unlike macbook pro where you never have the chance to fully utilize the cpu.
>around 6-7 hours of battery
>great linux support
>e-gpu support that will save gaymers from building a separate desktop.
>light
>thin
>neat graphics card again for gaymers

>>thermal solution is the best
>>light
>>thin
>>neat graphics card

Razer stuff comes close though.

>15.6"
It's shit.

razer display colors are not accurate and it's another bezelbook. viewing angles are also shit.

The wireless card is fucked. Look it up, you'll be getting a 2 year old card to replace it or will be constantly replacing this card with the same one.

Lenovo Y700

That's what I bought, you can thank me later

no it's shit
>great linux support
lmao

you forgot to add the price

>Bottom bezel is literally huge
>trackpad sucks, unresponsive, not smooth, gestures suck, scrolling is slow, clunky, and inconsistent
>6-7 hours of battery is still noticeably less than Macbook Pro
>Dell support is garbage
>Chassis flexes, screws up clicking when it's on lap or uneven surface

OOooooohhhh but you can upgrade the RAM yourself woww

macbook pro

Panasonic RZ5

A Lenovo Thinkpad or Ideapad would be better.

Even a Zen book. That display is just not worth the price

>no numbpad
RIGHT IN THE GARBAGE

>great linux support
Really?

>no 16:10
dropped

>no clit mice
That's like a huge ass phone without capacitive pen input.

>that webcam placement

Why are they doing this?

We got these as "work" computers. They're such a fucking joke. Shit trackpad, no nub, shit buttons (click the fucking trackpad), no fucking sysrq key, the Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter is a fucking joke (piece of shit crashes all the time, and you need to reboot or the fucker bluescreens when you enable it again), the larger battery takes up the slot for the SATA hard drive, there's no fucking numpad, there's not even a fucking fn numpad even though it has the fucking fn button, and you need a special screwdriver just to open the fucker. I'm sure there's lots that I forgot, but it's a piece of fucking shit all around.

...but 4k though... not to mension you probably got the low end version for your workgroup so please tell about the i7 skylake with 960m or gtfo.

>i7 skylake with 960m
It was the whatever i7 that's better than my desktop FX8320 and some workstation graphics card. The i7 is the one that's once step below the Xeon on the customize site, and it had 32 GB of RAM. It's still a fucking heap of shit. Crashing fucking Ethernet drivers. Why the FUCK isn't there a fn numpad? My fucking shitty HP 840 has a fucking fn numpad. It's supposed to be a premium fucking device and they didn't spend 5 cents on the fucking fn numpad.

japan exclusive?

anything that has a chiclet/island style keyboard should die

unfortunately that means all laptops after 2012

Thank you Apple!

>16:9
>premium
Oh come on.

> literally no bezels
Outside of the huge lower one that could be used for screen estate?

>it actually lets you use full power of your i7 6700hq because cpu never throttles, tops at around 80C, unlike macbook pro where you never have the chance to fully utilize the cpu.
[Citazion needed]

>>around 6-7 hours of battery
Sounds like bullshit, and is pretty low either way.

>e-gpu support that will save gaymers from building a separate desktop.
Who gives a flying fuck about manchildren?

>light
>thin
Eh, not really. Small for it screen size though.

It's a very solid consumer laptop and priced not too bad but not much else; comparing it to actual premium devices like MBP or Surface Book is silly and shows that you have no idea about the premium sector.

All the same problems and isn't even much cheaper than alternatives.

Sager Notebooks
/thread

>>thermal solution is the best.
that's not what I've heard
from what I've heard it throttles badly when the cpu and gpu is under heavy load.
and even in the worst macbook pro (2012 retina 15") it can run it's cpu at 100% without throttling.
Hell it will run it's cpu at 3.4ghz for ~20ish minutes before it slows it down to stock clock to hit it's target temp of 85c
also 6-7 hours of battery life is pretty piss poor for a high end not turbo gaymen laptop in 2016. even my 2012 non retina gets that

Nice lies.

I went through several ultrabooks until I settled on the X1 carbon. The xps 13 had a great screen and great design but the keys were mushy and I literally had to retrain myself to type with it to not double tap the keys accidently. The keyboard was trash. I tried the zenbook and the trackpad sucks.

X1 carbon is the ultimate business person notebook IMO.

>Nice lies.
Yeah, thanks fuck face. They're fucking garbage, and you either don't have one or you're experiencing some amazing fucking buyer's remorse.

Never saw anybody working using anything beyond rMBP (business people writing reports/company owners), old ThinkPads (usually IT guys), or Dell workstations (basically everybody else, mostly interns)

>6 to 7 hours of battery

Ahahahaa

i7 6700hq 960m 84whr battery 1080p at $1200. Name an alternative for the same price, specs, form factor, and build quality.

>glossy

And as usual one of the nine hundreds parts of a laptop or phone suck thus negating the entire purchase.

>pay for a premium device
>they stick some chink shit wifi card in it
eric

I mentioned that it's a good laptop for the price already, you're missing the point.

The price is mostly irrelevant for premium devices; their customers want the best experience, they don't give a fuck about paying 1k more or less; and things like Dell trackpads or 16:9 screens are consumer grade trash, that can't be balanced out.

Yes, but you can buy it from Rakuten Global so no need for a proxy or getting Jewed by import fees from Dynamism. The price is 2k+ USD so yeah.

what are some good laptops with numeric pad? I have the Lenovo w540, people say to upgrade the ram to 16GB and give it a solid state but I hate the Num lock always on screen or the capslock when they are on also the battery has an odd shape that sticks out

This. Glossy is especially bad on laptop screens where there's variable lighting conditions and absolutely horrendous for outdoors.

But hey it looks fancy.

>new hardware
>great linux support

pick one faggot

k glossy screen better than retina screen
How does this work?
Retina means pixels are indistinguishable at normal viewing distance. Are these more indistinguishable? Or can you view your screen at 2"?
Or do you just not understand what Retina means?

retina is basically a lot of pixels are compressed into 13" 15" screen with ips layer and glossy finish. the thing that makes it look good is OS X's renderer. windows still can't handle hidpi screens properly, the UI is always inconsistent, fonts get blurry etc.

LELL is more indistinguishable because they put even more pixels (4k) in the same sized screen. idk what apple is planning but their competitors already have better options (4k screen, tb3 port, more battery life, better thermal design). so if apple doesn't have a leap this year, macbook series are literally considered dead.

Don't listen to these buttmads who use their 1980 Linux Thinkpads, OP. Get one.

Where did you get it for $1200? Genuinely asking, Im trying to pick between this and a refurb macbook pro

>no clit
fashion computer

>retina is basically best-in-show but if they don't release something new they're dead