No customs can sniff 2200

>no customs can sniff 2200
>even Zotac's AMP Extreme can't get stable 2100
>Founder's Edition can keep 2100's stable

Lol what the fuck? Did they just put all 85%+ chips in their Founder's Editions?

Are there any customs out there that are worth a damn?

I feel like getting a Founder's Edition is still a huge mistake

Other urls found in this thread:

hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/93512-galax-geforce-gtx-1080-hof-hits-22ghz-air-25ghz-ln2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump for interest

Guess why FE is more expensive, you get a better quality ASIC you stupid fag.

>buy Jew Edition for superior binning
>put aftermarket cooler on
What's the problem here?

>Guess why? It's the reason you stated in the original post you fucking idiot!

Seriously kys you low self-esteem dumb fuck

The problem is the shit-tier VRM, mosfets and caps

>FE more expensive than customs

lol no

Embrace the spirit of /diy/ and buy a Soldering iron.

It's the luck of the draw as always. Not all FEs are able to hit 2100 stable and not all custom cards are unable to do so. I've got a friend with a FE 1080 and he can't even get 2GHz stable.

NVIDIA specifically said that the FE chips aren't binned or anything. That means you can get any sort of chip, from a very good one to a terrible one. Same goes for custom models if they don't especially bin chips.

And kill your warranty.

That's the price you have to pay for 5 more FPS.

>ASIC quality = overclocking ability

My 88.1% ASIC 780 that I sold a few weeks back didn't overclock for shit, because ASIC quality is a minor footnote in overall overclocking performance.

Go back to Sup Forums, tech-illiterate scum.

a 100MHz bump at best on Pascal's GPU core won't even net you a 4% performance improvement.

>100 mhz boost to a 1900 boost is only a 4% boost

Well yeah, it's a 5% increase and in best case scenarios it won't give you a 4% performance uplift.

Rrrrrrrrrright....

>He trusted NoVidya

PALIT COMIN THROUGH WITH THE DANK

>2114

Oh bgawd! Also review video guy said he could get FE to 2166 solid on air, 2133 on another, and the third also 2100+, so I don't know what that source is but it seems to have been done by some serious generalizing if three of those have exact matching MHz

$50 those numbers aren't actual OC tests

AMDrones don't even have a leg to stand on these days, here's your (you)

>check Palit website
>1885 boost clock

Actually Pascal seems to boost to certain predefined frequencies levels and not to any arbitrary value, so getting the same results for different cards is entirely plausible.

My flaccid penis can be used as a leg in the event of leg removal

>he thinks "ASIC quality" actually matters when 98% of cards have the same frequency limit +-2%
50 Mhz doesn't matter a shit with Pascal's design and an upper limit of 2100ish

>boost = overcloking

There are 5 cards on that list that match another card's mhz, it's bullshit. Basic ASIC differences would put the chances of that happening into the stratosphere. That image is very obviously a hazy generalized guess

>I don't know how boost and oc work

>high boosts don't help OC

No it's not, it's impossible for a Pascal card to boost to 2113MHz for instance, it simply does not ever run at that frequency, no matter what because that's how it works. Why? Ask NVIDIA.

I see those exact same frequency levels on my own cards.

>I don't have a nvidia card

Are you a certified retard or something?

hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/93512-galax-geforce-gtx-1080-hof-hits-22ghz-air-25ghz-ln2/

I don't even own any AMD GPUs, nice try though. I just don't buy their bleeding edge pricegouger models.

Look for the top model EVGA cards.
From what I remember EVGA as nVidia's premium manufacturer and responsible for near all OC records in the past has special rights that allow them to pick better chips of each production charge.

I think you need to work on your reading comprehension

Zotac cards are notoriously bad for overclocking. They come with decent clocks out of the gate but good luck pushing them very much at all. The 980 extreme had some want custom BIOS that limited the voltage so that their advertised max clock was basically your limit. Also their firestorm software is laughably bad.