Is VLC really that bad or is that just a huge meme

Is VLC really that bad or is that just a huge meme

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=30nfka8J8Y0
youtu.be/lCxNE6jzYcE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How can it be bad if it works

VLC is good. The subhumans of Sup Forums, whoch mostly migrated from Sup Forums and Sup Forums like to bitch for no reason about everything, ins a desperate attempt to justify their poor life decisions, though.

just a meme.

Yeah I find it just works and unless you're trying to play some obscure as fuck format it seem to cover everything.

Cross-platform. Just werks. I'm sold.

>not anime
post disregarded

it just werks for me, I only play .mkv

really good normie "media player" if you don't like having any options.

youtube.com/watch?v=30nfka8J8Y0

vlc is fine. If you install vlc, mplayer and xine, you will be able to play anything.

youtu.be/lCxNE6jzYcE

It's not bad, but the reason why it's so hated is because "It's not as good".

MPC-HC and mpv gives you more options for scaling, renders subtitles better and doesn't have to rebuild the fontcache every time it starts.

People who use it gets hated on Sup Forums often because it's so easy to get another, better alternative, and people in a fairly hardcore community tend to hate on people who doesn't do the bare minimum to maximize the experience.

it just werks, by default.

also it has the best slow/fast speed playback.

You get told to fuck off if you admit or post image using it on Sup Forums.

vlc being bad is a meme that faggots trying really hard to 'fit in' to Sup Forums have forced hard for years.

VLC does some annoying shit but not annoying enough to make me stop using it.

Like how it always resizes the window when you open a new video (come to think of it there might be a setting to stop this from happening), or how I very often have to kill the process to open another file for some reason. Also sometimes it just takes like 10 seconds to open when most of the time it's instant.

Other than that no complaints. VLC is good other than that shit.

why a traffic cone?

It's warning you to stay the fuck away from it

Fuck yeah thank you. That shit was annoying, I don't know why I never thought it might be optional before now.

I remember reading a thread on their forums where someone was asking the same question because they thought it was ugly. The mod got all defensive and basically told the guy to get over it and locked the thread. He seemed really butthurt someone didn't like his stupid ugly icon.

I use VLC for general shit since it has easy video effects control shit

I watch all my chinese cartoons using MPC-HC though. Especially since VLC won't sharpen a lot of MKVs and I like to sharpen them a bit.

>He doesn't check out all the options before starting to use software

Go back to Sup Forums, faggot

VLC is a meme.