recode.net/2016/7/22/12256772/verizon-yahoo--5-billion-aol

+$7B for Tumblr
-$2B for the cost of laying off >90% of employees at non-Tumblr parts of Yahoo

Thanks, Marissa!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verizon_Communications
youtube.com/watch?v=mcSujceZDmg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How does one ruin a company or horribly?

By having no clear vision of what the company should be, and making talented people leave by being a cunt to them.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>women in tech

More like
>company is dying
>pick female CEO in order to boost company's profile at no cost

>$5 billion
Chump change for Verizon.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verizon_Communications

no growth model

by being a woman

xD
get out

Post her autistic videos

hello tumblr

you mean the one where she had a meltdown after half her talk to some foreign audience?

has there ever been a case of woman improving a company

>horse tier laughter

>Yahoo

Who the fuck cares.

AMD

Proof that Tumblr is fucking cancer

/thread

As soon as she built her own private daycare addition to her office, I knew hiring her was a mistake.

>Proof that women are fucking cancer

Fixed

What exactly is wrong with that? It's better than a foosball table or some other brogrammer crap.

It was for her own use, not mere employees.

It's actually much worse than that. It shows a self-centeredness that is a great sign that she only cares about herself, not the company.

oh do you want me to post the video where she eats some shit out of her toes?

Mozilla is gonna pull out and collect that billion right?

Silly user, this isn't Stallman.

Yep, I was thinking that as well: "Look at me, I can use my power and position to merge my career and private life at company expense".

Hey now, I can thank Lisa Su for making me an easy $10k since November

More like you can thank weird neckbeards for buying up shares and driving up prices based on their baseless hopes that Zen won't be a failure.

However, if Zen does work out, Lisa Su will deserve massive kudos for keeping AMD alive long enough for Zen to happen.

lets hope so

>unloaded wasteful assets in order to prevent money bleed
>won contracts with China vital to ensure a healthy cash flow to stem the losses even more
>stock prices went from $1.80 to $5.40 from that alone
Remember, Polaris 10 sales has not begun to kick into play with the stock's value. And judging by how soundly the 1060 will beat it, the stock prices might actually drop a few cents next quarter in response. Credit where credit is due, Lisa Su bought the company a lot of needed time without having a competitive product line-up (and no, Carrizo was a marketing failure that was uncompetitive and failed to win sales in the laptop/mobile division)

Yep, agreed. AMD risked a lot of its future even if Zen succeeds. Someone will still have a lot of work to do: do you try to vertically re-integrate with a foundry again? How do you successfully adapt ARM to the server room?

She actually did that?

That seems awfully controversial.

What about Alibaba?

i hope the acquisition includes some clause requiring marissa to be the sexual slave of CEO of verizon for (1) night

Negated by the fact that foreigners can now buy shares in Alibaba through intermediaries/proxies in China. Yahoo was made irrelevant once that happened.

>foreigners can now buy shares in Alibaba through intermediaries/proxies in China
you say that like it was ever the case that intermediaries couldn't buy shares on your behalf.

are you some kind of new simpleton to this?

She caught a bit of flack for it but the SJW media buried it quickly.

Oops, *flak.

honestly you retarded faggots who have hissy fits over this shit seem like the more touchy, easily triggered group compared to the nebulous SJW threat.

are you sure you aren't just suffering from some victim complex/persecutory delusion?

When Yahoo was first headed by the Oscar-Meyer Weiner factory, the major reason why Yahoo stock value soared was because of their massive shareholder stake in Alibanana. China prohibited (technically, it's still prohibited) and strictly enforced their no-Gui'lo-allowed policy in their stock market. The only way to "buy" stocks in Alibananana in the West was to buy Yahoo stocks. No one gave a flipped shit about Yahoo's actual assets and value.

Hmm. Well, I didn't build a private daycare onto my office because I had to prove I was a power mommy.

>PSYCH 101 buzzwords

>I didn't build a private daycare onto my office
prove to me that you have any of the following:
>an office
>a child
>any authority amounting to telling people to build something (we'll return to whether you should or not later)
if you can prove any of those things, i'll just assume the rest are the case too.

I think it would be harder to convince your mom to build a private daycare in your basement until you bring home a girlfriend or something. It's very much apples and oranges, user.

I wish Verizon would buy her laugh.

Nice samefag. They teach you that in PSYCH101 too? What's the jargon for making your opinion seem more interesting by repeating it in anonymous posts.

>making your opinion seem more interesting by repeating it
i honestly don't know what you're talking about. something tells me you mean something other than "interesting", but it's not uncommon for people throwing tantrums to struggle to come up with the right word.

>[did] they teach you [samefagging] in PSYCH101?
do you think that gets taught in psych classes?

is this what people who didn't go to college really think college is like?

Cool, which page number of the textbook is that from?

No, I think they come to Chinese imageboards and defend their waifus from their obvious failures.

you're bumming everyone out. can you try harder?

Can you guys like stop with this negativity?

It's really dragging the post quality of this site down...

jesus christ this slut is too hot to not be pumped with semen 24/7 and bearing children

its amusing, yahoo's stake in alibaba is worth more than yahoo itself.

Unless they did something stupid and sold off their share already.

>how exactly was tumblr a smart buy ?
>how did they plan on monetizing that ?

Chink ugly women do not count, because they are more prone to gain wealth by hard working instead of attention whoring only by using their pussies, like western women do

Hello C U C K

>>>/reddit/

see what i mean? triggered as fuck. the only difference is instead of crying like a whiny bitch you lash out like an autistic child.

You're just lashing out like a C U C K

No.