Small Questions Thread

/sqt/

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B01EMQI2CU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AKR88PAWTQVN2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is there a version of daz loader, removewat, or similar for win10?

Can I take the video source from a live stream and watch that somewhere else? The stream I always watch either has a tiny screen or full screen.

Does anyone have a good link to a guide/video on how to do a clean install upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7?

Most of the guides are done by Pajeets.

Finally something I can answer. I use LiveStreamer and VLC to directly stream twitch.tv streams into VLC. It's pretty easy to setup on Linux or Windows.

Is win10 worth it?

holy shit I was looking for something exactly like this

tenks

Hello,
I would like to make the stuff on my screen smaller, i tried many solutions but none of them worked. Check pic related.(im running windows)
Thank-you

Again, there is nothing you can do, nothing exists to do this.
Resize your windows

What's a good, free antivirus? Not looking for anything fancy, just suspect I have a keylogger of some sort because I'm retarded.

I am building a computer to a budget, and have decided on a parts list. Is there any way to estimate how well the combination will run? (eg. with programs that use both CPU and GPU) Is checking benchmarks for each individual component the best way?

Tell me why my DL speeds would dramatically increase for no conceivable reason.
>usually get around 3MB/s
>had Comcast for years
>move to different part of town and change to a different cable ISP (Wide Open West)
>have same DL speed for around the same price blah blah
>move to different part of town again but keep same ISP (different city technically but it's the neighboring city and not very important)
>have same DL speeds for several months
>over the past ~2 months or so, speeds go to over double
>get around 7MB/s whenever I download anything now (from torrents to DDLs)
>just now while downloading a game, peak went to 35MB/s
I'm not complaining at all but I'm genuinely confused.

what are some good laptops with numeric pad? I have the Lenovo w540, people say to upgrade the ram to 16GB and give it a solid state but I hate the Num lock always icon on screen or the capslock when they are on, also the battery has an odd shape that sticks out.
Preferably one that still runs Windows 7

Copper.

This might sound dumb but how can I tell if this IDE hard drive I bought is used or not?

It was advertised as new but came open. Though its like a 10 year old HD form MAXTOR and is IDE so I assume its just new but open box or part of a bulk stock they have.

Also how the fuck do I connect it to my PC? I have a IDE to USB cable but I assume I still have to power the HD no? I have never used IDE before.

I dont want to swap out my SATA drives, I just need to use it as an external for about an hour. Its for my PS2

Elaborate.

You have better copper pipes where you live now.

I don't think that's the case. Sorry, I should have specified in my original post.

I've lived at my current place since early January and only during the ~2 months have my internet speeds increased so dramatically.

RAM
I want to buy a new LGA 775 motherboard. The specific model allows 1333MHz of FSB, but (DDR3) RAM only until 1066MHz. Is this OK, or should I buy another model?

yea it's possible that the medium used near your house was upgraded

Your ram will just run at 1066mhz.

They just upgraded your speeds? Check with them.
I live on another country, and sometimes they increase my speed.

your dick?

Thanks. I know. But, will this affect me?
Appears it will not, but I just want to be sure, and for this I'm asking to the experts on this imageboard.

is there a way around comcast in the US? currently the internet plans in my area are
>comcast with 1yr contract
25mb/s for $40
75 for 50
150 for 60

>century link
40 for 54

>dish
N/A

its not that i dont wanna pay the bills it just feels like i have no choice but to pick comcast.

>the medium
I have no idea what you mean by this. Sorry. Could you explain a bit further?

When I asked a friend a few weeks ago, he said that there could be more bandwidth allocated to me since perhaps not much bandwidth is being used in my surrounding area. Could that be it, or something similar?

I wouldn't complain if they did but I'm not going to alert them to it. Unfortunately, I'm moving a couple hours away next month and will have different internet.

nahh

Depends on the area you live in. I'm and I had to deal with Comcast for years because the only other cable provider in my area (WOW!) would only service specific areas in the city.

You will have no problem at all.
For example if you added a ddr3-1333mhz dimm in to it, it would clock down, so they would both run at 1066mhz

Unless you have another isp willing to come to your house, you're fucked.
enjoy the comcast monopoly in your area

>>the medium
the intenet has to got to and fr servers phisically, the medium is what transmits the data.
fiber optic = really fast
clean copper = fast
dirty copper = slower

>in the US
It doesn't matters. You need to check YOUR CITY. Having another company in Washington but living in Florida is completely irrelevant.

>I wouldn't complain if they did but I'm not going to alert them to it.
Don't act like that. If they made a mistake and changed your contract, you will have trouble to not have to pay more for the connection you used.

Anyone ever had issues with a debug.txt file? Every time I open a file from my computer in Chrome, a debug.txt file is created in whatever folder the file was in. The file opens just fine and there's no issues, the debug.txt just gets created and It always has this text:

[0722/224041:ERROR:crash_report_database_win.cc(412)] unexpected header

I've already scanned for viruses and found none and I've tried reinstalling Chrome, but it keeps happening.

Microsoft Toolkit

I already understand that the module will work slower. But what I want to know is if this difference between the FSB and the RAM clock will make my performance shitty.

Microsoft rootkit

Works On My Machineā„¢

For connecting a DVI monitor to a DisplayPort on a GTX 1060 as a third monitor, will I need an active or passive adapter?

active

What do I need to connect a DisplayPort laptop to an HDMI television? Passive, active adaptor? Or will a DPHDMI cable do?

Sorry, it's a debug.log file, not .txt

So they may have replaced and improved the infrastructure in my small area for virtually no reason? That would explain it but I'm honestly not sure why that would be the reason why (especially since Comcast actively lobbies against improving infrastructure and all that.) Who knows, mang. Maybe this ISP is actually being productive and putting in work.

I'd rather pay my current fee for more than I'm supposed to receive, though. I already pay $72/mo.

I just bought an SSD, my mobo has 4 blue SATA ports and 2 grey SATA ports (pic related). They seem to be different "brands" of SATA port? Which one is best to plug an SSD into? (Mobo is an Asus P6x58d-e, the SSD is a Samsung 250GB (850 EVO) Sata3, and I'm running Windows 7 if any of that matters).

anyone?

Blue/Black/Red ones are usually SATA3(500-580MB/s limit).

Gray ones are SATA2(290-300MB/s limit).

Install it on a SATA3 port.

DP to HDMI cable will be enough.

That's what I would have thought (and a quick Google search resulted in mostly people saying the ICH10R port is better) but in my mobo manual (where that pic is from) it says the grey Marvell port is 6Gb/s and the blue ICH10R port is only 3Gb/s.

Well then connect it on the SATA 6GB/s otherwise your SSD will be bottlenecked from 550MB/s to 300MB/s.

You have one weird motherboard layout and design.

I notice that on Comptia's website for when you purchase the A+ exam there's no option for taking the 901 or 902 when you add the exam go your cart. Is that something you confirm the day of the exam?

Since fan controllers regulate the amount of voltage going to a fan would it cause led fans to dim?

What would be the best kind of minotaur to pair with the upcoming Nitro 480? I know it's going to crush 1080p and do a damn fine job with 1440 too, but i wonder in a few years how those 1440 games will be running slower than current ones. Also would it be worth falling for the 120/144Hz meme? I'm told that I gotta see it to believe it, but small town best buy obviously doesn't have a demo so what do?

bis there a way (linux) i could automatically check my ping, upload, and download twice a day for two months and save the data to a text file so i can do some math but not have to manually collect data?

Would something like

amazon.com/gp/product/B01EMQI2CU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AKR88PAWTQVN2

work with a couple of decent bookshelf speakers and a 10' sub? Gonna use it for my PC through a Schiit Modi.

Read your manual.
Commonly there are two differnt ones, one being the software raid, while the other is just a ata controller

can I use my 529 money to buy a new cpu?

Besides the power draw, is there a reason to buy the rx 480 (aftermarket version) over the r9 fury if they're within $50 of each other?

guys how do i use ubo to block the new ads on gelbooru? fuck man seriously, i dont know what im doing

just write a script and schedule it

No problem m8.

when on my laptop, i rest my right thumb on left click, and scroll with right index finger.
the only laptops that allow me to do this are Toshiba Laptops with Synaptics drivers and support.
this software allows you to edit sensitivity and create dead zones on the touchpad, and let me rest my thumb on left click without moving the cursor.
Toshiba is leaving the laptop industry, so ill be left without any choices soon.
are there any other computer softwares that allow for the creation of dead zones on a touchpad?
>buy a mouse
have one, dont carry it everywhere.

My shitbox computer died, should i get an older i5 4690k or save a bit and go for an i3 6100

I'm replacing an old as fuck motherboard/cpu/memory, my budget is under $400 shipped to california

>Toshiba was his go to laptop brand
top kek

Is there any reason to make a genuine Win10 install?

what can i say, satellites are pretty durable and i havent been dissapointed.
esp because of

How can I make hashcat go from one .hccap to the next after it's exhausted my wordlist?

What was in the shitbox that died? I say if you're not jumping 2 generations and your shitbox did everything you needed it to, don't bother going crazy new. Other people may disagree, but that's my take on it.

Alright, so my friend is building a desktop and he didn't buy windows with it, so we're trying to figure out what his best option is before pirating it.

As of now, he's got a desktop with windows 7 on it, but he plans to give this desktop to his parents so that key can't be used on the new computer.

We were wondering if it would be possible to somehow use the free windows 10 update with his 7 key but then install it on a different computer so he can get windows 10 on his new rig and keep 7 on his old one.
Any way to do this or is there another strategy I haven't thought of?

>satellites are pretty durable

If you upgrade to 10 the key for 7 will be disabled after the 'revert upgrade' period. People here are gonna try to meme you into Linux but don't let yourself be trolled.

Can I upgrade to windows 10, get that key, and then revert to 7 and use the 10 key on a different pc?

Worst case scenario we'll have to pirate windows. How easy is that process and is it different between different windows versions?

Phenom ii x4 955 4GB DDR3 1066 ram and a hd 4850. i'm going to figure it's worth the upgrade, and it was starting to show its age in games

I don't mind using the integrated gpu for a little while if my video card died too, and just plop in a 1060 when they come in stock later on this year, and just play terraria/rpg maker games until then

>install 7 on new rig
>DAZ Loader
>upgrade to 10
>get legit 10 key via upgrade
>nuke HDD and clean install 10 with legit key

It just werks.

If you revert it then the Windows 10 key will be disabled. If you have to pirate one then pirate Windows 7.

what android app lets you change permissions of other apps?
I know I have the app but can't remember what app it was

I can confirm that this doesn't work because the installation has to be a few months old in order to qualify for the upgrade. I know this because I formatted recently and stopped getting the annoying reminders with my new installation.

What is the best video file format for storing movies and anime?
Which one has the best Size/Quality ratio?

Not sure if this is the one you're thinking of, but AppOps Xposed lets you do this. AFAIK if you're rooted and on marshmallow you can do this anyway.
CM based custom roms should also have this functionality built in.

mkv container with opus audio codec and h265 video codec

The i5 is going to be such a massive upgrade, I don't know why you'd spend more, IMO.

I will hope I don't have to press F to pay respects to your GPU but like you said, you can figure that out later if you have to.

That's news to me. Are you sure you installed the magic update that gives you the annoying notifications? If so, then by all means disregard , I suck cocks.

>Size/Quality ratio

The best size/quality ratio is gonna look like shit. Probably gonna be something like webm or mp4. You want something that's more on the quality size.

Thanks

Hey Sup Forums. I'm building a new PC primarily for gaming and videos. I don't do anything too crazy.

For cost purposes, newegg is having a sale on FX-4350 with a motherboard for 165. Is the performance drop significant enough to ignore this and get an fx-83--. Which for the processor alone would be the same price. This is for a micro atx build, planning to have a 1070 card but will likely settle for an rx480.

Games:
witcher, fm2015, roms and shit
I haven't been gaming in awhile since I'm on laptop recently.

I use userbenchmark.com
Not sure how accurate it is

im on rooted kitkat stock rom
you were on track with the xposed, turns out it's an app called XPrivacy
downloaded months ago and forgot all about it, but I just downloaded a game that asked to access my photos and media despite being a simple puzzle game, so decided it's a good time to block some permissions
thanks for your help

Since ddr3 is drying up i might go meme tier 16GB of ram

So i don't have to worry about ram for a long time

Do not buy an AMD chip before Zen comes out. They were questionable purchases when they were new. Now they're just a joke. They put out a significant amount of heat relative to their performance, and their performance is shit by today's standards.

If you have to buy something now, get a 1151 board and some cheap CPU like a Celeron G3900, which runs like $50. Then save up for a better CPU.

Computer Tard here.

I'm stuck on a family PC at the moment while visiting, and it's a struggle doing anything because that Windows module installer 'trustedinstall' activates and sits around for 5-7 hours sucking up 86% of the 6GB of RAM this thing has.

How can I safely prevent this?

Go into control panel>administrative tools>services
And look for WMI or trustedinstaller and either disable it or set it to manual so it doesn't automatically start by itself. You can also 'stop' it for now and it should fuck off.
JUST be sure to enable it again before you leave so your family won't know you fiddled with it.

Should I get a Chromebook or a low-end Dell Latitude if I want a secondary laptop for working on things on the go? It should do what I want it to do (Debian, word processing, development) without internet. Performance isn't a biggie, just durability and battery life.

You know your use case better than anybody so don't let me deter you, but the question is if anything you're doing is being bottlenecked by RAM. If it is, go nuts. 16 or 32GB may be your speed. If it isn't and your need for more RAM is likely to be outlived by your CPU/mobo usefulness, it's not worth paying for.

Chromebooks generally have almost no storage on them, so I would go with the latitude.

Thanks user. It's good to not be choked by such a damn thing anymore.

there is a size B herman miller Aeron chair on craigslist for $280. is that a good enough deal to jump on?

No prob. I'm such a windows noob but I found most of my knowledge through google and Sup Forums.

Also my dad teaching me how to do basic computer unfucking because he would get sick when my 95/98 hand me down kept crashing.

So vidyageimus just aren't doing it for me anymore.

What the fuck should I do with my gayman Pee Cee?

mine bitcoin

Where can one acquire digital style?

Install a Linux distro. Find prime numbers. Learn CAD. Learn to program. Watch Chinese cartoons. Make a seedbox. Make a NAS. Use it as a regular computer, etc.