twitter.com/AnonBabble

>2016
>still not on ssd

>2016
>shilling the ssd placebo
nice try samsung

>2 terabyte hard drive: $40
>2 terabyte ssd: $600

Is there even that significant of a speed increase?

Get a 128gb ssd to boot from. Snappy as fuck. Maybe add a favorite game or two. No need for anything else on it.

I have a SSD and windows is stupid.

get at least a 250-256GB SSD then pair it with a bigger HDD for storage, install OS on the SSD.
Of course, ensure your mobo can boot in UEFI and check if your GPT gets properly aligned.

And yes, significant read speed increase.

It doesn't count when it's a secondary drive. The stupid one is you.

Windows is installed on the SSD, dingus.

>Primary hard disk

You sure about that, bucko?

Was this garbage invented purely to sell prebuilts to idiots?

Yes, genius.

i bet you're running it on ide mode, connected to sata1 and filled the drive to the brim

why do all mechanical drives score exactly 5.9? In my experience there is actually a fairly significant performance difference between low and high quality ones.. Maybe not in 4k random speed but in terms of sequential..

Move out of the way faggots

>sub-7.9 cpu/ram

let me guess, Pentium D 2.8ghz + 533mhz corsair ddr2?

>Internet Explorer
out with you faggot

Also
Plan on overclocking soon, I can't remember if sli was enabled but either way it was a 7.9

Try again pleb

>single channel unknown @1kmhz

may as well just set your max cpu state to 70% and leave it at base, that will bottleneck hard in a lot of real-world scenarios.

>GeForce Experience
>Internet Explorer
i didn't know plebs roam Sup Forums

how are you using a desktop processor with.... mobile gpu SLI?

i found out how to do it on win10. time to go to sleep plebfag noob

>noob

Awww sheet now I gotta go buy some ram
I need this cewl desktop ram to go inside my laptop. Anyways it's actually ddr4 at 2133mhz. Try again faggot.

Yes sir sager laptops my friend and it never breaks 70C also it's a 75hz screen and you can even get it with a desktop class gtx 980
As you can tell it was an early setup, sli wasn't even enabled yet probably THE ONLY REASON I DIDN'T GET A 7.999999

the problem is 2gb of vram is abysmal

No, no, and not that close. Kill yourself.

single channel @2kmhz is still pretty slow, on par with 1k dual channel, further exacerbated by skylake's poor memory performance. just face it your laptop has a glaring flaw and your processor is going to be held back by it

HAHAHAHHA TRY AGAIN FAGGOT
ILL BE BACK WITH MORE RAM JUST YOU WAIIITTTTTTT

i'd trust what's actually being reported by the pc over what's listed on this website i've never heard of.

FUCKING REKT
PROOF SOON

Better score high so you can provide Microsoft with more data :^)

THESE GOYS DONT STAND A CHANCE

>trusting botnet-z
nvidiots never change

omg same!

JEALOUSY IS IN THE AIR

Anyways I'm done fucking with you all, goodnight cucks.
Enjoy the music.

jealous of what? i have a desktop with a 1070, the only way the 970m compares is in die size and the ability to be moved around and play a video game for one hour before the battery dies

how did i do?

No salt, just tears now.

>2016
>still using windows

wincucks cucked again

serious question does it even run at full speed when it isn't plugged in?

>windows 7 on a Core 2 Duo

ouch

whats wrong with that?

Nope, even the nvme ssd drives slow down I've noticed, they throttle to around 2300mb/s as opposed to 3200. Games still run fine but thier is some slight stuttering, i have not yet tryed turning off sli on the battery so maybe that would help. Battery life otherwise is fairly decent if your just doing normal tasks.

Heavy ass operating system, you should use xp or 10 desu unless dx10/11 are that important to you.

I cannot use windows 10 thanks to AMD drivers. And W7 runs just fine thanks.

how old are you because windows 7 is not heavy?

>instant boot
>instant program launch
>no drive spin lag
>fast load in games
>placebo

22 and i definitely noticed how much slower my parents' computer that has a similar cpu to that core 2 duo complete with ddr2 was after doing a clean install of 7 on it with a new hard drive after it used to use xp. I use 7 personally but i dont really notice it on this rig because i have plenty of performance overhead.

>no drive spin lag
>letting your hard drive stop spinning ever

>hard drive

there is your problem dude.

notice: penryn c2d there. those dont suck.

Are they significantly better than Conroe? I'm not familiar with that line.

yes.

anandtech.com/show/2199/2

and anandtech.com/show/2306

2500k, ssd masterrace

no joke does anyone want to buy a 2500k from me? we can use paypal

interesting, i am learning new things, i also thought SSE4 came out in the nehalem/deneb era but i see it's older than that...

Rerun your assessment then make sure trim is enabled. Also make sure your partitions are lined up with the starting sectors correctly. An ssd should be 7+

>tfw you thought the WEI was out of 5

kek, post yours

daaamn, hit the View and print shit and screencap that instead

>thought it was out of 5
>6.4, 6.4, 5.9

I'd never actually looked at that screen. This is what I'd been seeing.

>e8400
bretty good
but what is your gpu, i've never seen a score of 3 before

>visual studio
>current year

ok

Whatever shit is built into the motherboard.

I got an 8

B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T

Yes. This was true 5 years ago and it's true today. Also, don't buy a 2TB ssd. You only need enough for your OS install(s), programs and a few games at a time.

There is no other component you can buy for a pc that offers better value for your money in terms of making it a smoother experience and more pleasant to use. You don't need terabytes of ssd storage and to migrate all your shit onto ssds, but you do need at least one for your system partition. People need to stop pissing away money on things they don't need like faster ram that doesn't make any real world difference and spending a couple bux on at least a basic bottom tier ssd.I don't care if it's an enterprise intel ssd, a pci-e/nvme consumer ssd or a pleb tier kingston. Even the shittiest ssd will be a huge upgrade for your system as long as you don't get a $10 chinese piece of crap that's actually a thumbdrive in a 2.5" plastic shell.

>instant boot
It doesn't count when you boot up from standby mode

I have a small SSD that I use for linux, but I haven't bothered buying anything new to put Windows on.

what the hell