/spg/ - Smartphone general. Note7 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:

Note7 official renders surface, preorders start in Dubai
gsmarena.com/official_samsung_galaxy_note7_renders_surface_preorders_kick_off_in_dubai-news-19549.php

Galaxy Note7 to be the first to debut with Gorilla Glass 5
phonearena.com/news/Gorilla-Glass-5-to-debut-on-the-Galaxy-Note-7-the-Apple-iPhone-7-may-follow_id83434

Samsung Galaxy Note7 leaks in gold, 3500mAh battery rumored
phonearena.com/news/Latest-leak-shows-renders-of-gold-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-7-battery-tipped-to-be-3500mAh-cell_id83426

Samsung Galaxy Note7 iris scanner feature demoed on video
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note7_iris_scanner_feature_demoed_on_video-news-19535.php

Moto Z Droids and Moto Mods now up for pre-order exclusively on Verizon
gsmarena.com/moto_z_droids_and_moto_mods_now_up_for_preorder_exclusively_on_verizon-news-19534.php

Exclusive: Oppo F1s to feature 16MP selfie camera, fingerprint scanner
gsmarena.com/exclusive_oppo_f1s_to_feature_16mp_selfie_camera_fingerprint_scanner-news-19531.php

Flat and curved Samsung Galaxy Note7 units detailed in new leaks
gsmarena.com/flat_and_curved_samsung_galaxy_note7_units_detailed_in_new_leaks-news-19530.php

Other urls found in this thread:

flash3c.com/flash-plus-2/
news.softpedia.com/news/iphone-se-beats-iphone-6s-and-samsung-galaxy-s7-in-battery-tests-502183.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

when i order a rn3p, do i need to apply for the unlock code? or can you just unlock like any other phone now
im real fuckin confused about how to get this and unlock it, id really like to get this phone, unlock the bootloader, root, install cm/other custom rom, and use micro g instead of Gapps and be on my way
what do

I dropped my phone like the goddamn fool I am and now there are some scuff marks on it. Luckily that's the only (visible) damage. The case I bought for it (before I dropped it but didn't receive it yet) covers all of the blemishes but it still bugs me. Is there a decent way to cleanup the blemishes and not completely ruin my phone? It's a Honor 5x with metal back and glass front and the only damage is to the top plastic part on the back and a small spot on the plastic frame surrounding the screen. I'd post a picture but I don't have another camera to take the picture with.

What's a good smartphone for around €150? Preferably with stock android and good support on XDA.
>inb4 Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro

On a related note: does the fingerprint sensor still works after rooting?

as far as i know yeah
honestly though i asked for some help in /csg/ too and now im really fucking confused

Get yourself one of the moto g s

Thinking of getting either a Moto Z force or a galaxy S7.
They seem mostly the same (except for the modularity gimmick), but I mostly want to know if the Galaxy's camera is significantly better and if Samsung's version of Android is any good now. I hated touchwizz on all the older models, but people seem to like it on the S7.

what's a good sprint compatabile phone for less than $250

Is there any downside of buying chinkphones? The line in the middle of the screen stopped working on my LG G2 a long time ago and recently I cracked the touchscreen. Since then only the bottom half of it works. I was thinking about buying any phone from Oneplus, but thanks to you guys I stumbled upon a miracle called Redmi Note 3 Pro and now I'm tilted towards it.
>inb4 Oneplus phones are chinkphones too
I know, but the prices dude.

I just cracked the cover glass on my S7 edge. How fucked am I?

hi, i bought an opo a year ago and i cracked the screen 7 months ago, repaced it but it's scratched now and bend, looks like shit. should I just buy another phone or replace the display?

>cover glass
The back or front?

>phone with a stylus
>curved display
Makes absolutely no fucking sense.

Front. The screen is working fine and the cracks aren't horrific but does need to be fixed. I've read it's a huge pain to fix because of the design. I've only had it 3 days and my shockproof case is supposed to arrive today haha.

Yeah, I hope you have insurance because it's a $300 repair.

No phone insurance and warranty doesn't cover it. Might be able to claim on home insurance but it'll change things with costs. It only fell less than a foot onto a fairly soft wooden floor. I dropped my Note 4 onto tiled floor a few times and it survived. First phone I've ever broken.

That design was made to be broken.

Slippery glass all over, curved slippery edges, uncomfortable to hold, impossible to repair and expensive as fuck.

It's the perfect phone for making mad bucks on it breaking and not lasting. My co worker broke 3 already.

Is there any big issues with zte axon mini?
I need phone asap and it seems like the best option in the shop I'm at.

Have you tried undropping it?

Or should I get zenfone 2?

sony z3c is £150 on ebay, flagship specs with amazing battery

I'm in a country with shit currency, and it's way more expensive here

Touchwiz just isn't as terrible as it was before, but I still wouldn't call it 'good'. Stock-ish Android on Motos is much, much better.

Modularity is gimmicky on LG G5, but on Moto Z it's actually very well implemented, and the battery mod will be very useful, for sure.

Yeah, the camera on the S7 is better. You must know what you need more from a phone.

Is moto x play lte any good?

Yeah and the metallic edges and the way you have to hold it so your hand doesnt touch on the curved screen edge is really annoying. I am slightly starting to regret getting it because my Note 4 was already good enough, but it was upgrade time.

Undropping it is my next option. I'll try it in-store so at least it'll be done correctly.

Its SoC is known to be overheating - don't know how it applies to this model, but people are mostly overblowing overheating issues. The rest is top tier for the price.

Thanks!
Seems like it's my best option over zenfone 2 and axon mini

Current phone is iphone 5s. Waiting on 7 to release so I can get the 6 or 6s used for a good price.

What's the best battery case company?

Is there a smartphone that does not get hot?

Bust out your phone, turn on 100% screen brightness, and do some webbrowsing for 10 minutes. Is the phone noticeably warm to the touch? In my experience, every smartphone I've played around with gets really warm if you take it out and use it for any extended period.

my iPhone 6 died, not spending 700€ on a smartphone again soo these are my current options
>iPhone 6 Plus - 417€
>iPhone SE - 400€
>Blackberry Priv - 420€
>Galaxy S7 - 425€
>Huawei P9 - 400€
>Oneplus One - 399€
>Xiaomi mi5 - 279€
>Galaxy S6 Edge Plus - 389€

which one would you pick?

One Plus 3

or

Samsung S7

I am really kinda worried about getting the S7, because I want to root it and it would automatically triggers Knox counter into 0x1.

Oneplus tbqh

There is knox safe root now. Only root though, no custom recoveries or anything.

Galaxy S7

or wait for Moto Z

why do you people care about knox? why would you ever return a phone? I feel like phones are pretty much bulletproof and virtually impossible to brick.

I was posting earlier that I dropped my S7 this morning. I've had it 3 days and so far I am a bit underwhelmed by it. I had a Note 4 before the S7 and I think the Note was a brilliant phone and possibly easier to live with than the S7. The curved edges makes practical use of the phone annoying because they are much less responsive than the rest of the screen and your palms make contact with the edges so it wont detect your thumbs. To prevent this you have to open your hands up more or cradle it in your fingers which isn't ideal because then you have less grip on the phones slippery metallic body and the feeling is slightly uncomfortable. You should get a case to prevent all this because you spend your time treating it like a new born baby otherwise. Also the waterproof design of the S7 means the speaker is a bit poor and sounds a bit tinny but you can live with it. However the biggest issue that I discovered this morning was that if you break the phone it will cost you a lot to repair. My phone fell a foot onto a soft wooded floor and the front glass cover cracked. Because of the waterproof design and how it's built they have to replace the screen (even though it's not broken) and the glass cover at a cost of £250. The real bitch of it is my phone case arrived in the post 2 hours later.

just got my OP3 and I really like it. Can't recommend it enough.

for Exynos too?

Give me a genuine reason why anyone would want to upgrade from an LG G2 or an xperia Z3 to newer phone. Give me one good reason that newer and way more expensive phones are better.

protip: you can't

Better cameras and better battery life
>inb4 hurrrr just get a DSLR
The best camera for the job is the one you have with you.

The Z3 and G2 already have top tier battery life, more than most of these overprice gimmicky flagships while costing a fraction of them.

Admit it, upgrading is a meme.

Give me something not big as shiit so 5.5'' or lower with decent hardware not the best but something that will be okay in the years to come. Price 400-500 euro in yurop

>give me something not big as shit
>so 5.5"

Because I would love to use F320 without it rebooting every fucking 10 minutes and battery discharging in 8 hours of music listening.

Also, do not buy refurbished G2's, they have touchscreen issues.

I'm still pissed that this thing is an AT&T exclusive and will most likely never be sold outside the US.
Because obviously we Yuropoors don't like durable phones with larger batteries and programmable keys. Seriously, fuck these jews.

hes a big guy his shits are bigger than yours

>tfw G5 was a flop
>tfw you still own the best phone in the market

At that price, the S7 is clearly the best. OP3 is a good phone but since the others are so much cheaper I wouldn't get it, unless you really really want one for some reason.

Oneplus 3 is the best you can get with that price.

i can't choose whether to pick the Xiaomi Mi5 Pro or the Xiaomi RedMi Note 3 Pro.

What do you guys think?

Buy a Xiaomi iPhone 6s

I know I'm going to be called a Oneplus shill for this but...

the Oneplus Three

you are full of shit. no way you cracked an s7 dropping it a foot. either you got a faulty device or you were doing some retarded shit to crack it

1+3 doesn't get hot?

>not preordering Axon 7, the One plus killer

Browsing with full brightness when charging and this thing still doesn't get hot. It's amazing.

Full of shit? Hahaha. I was crouched down petting my dog and it slid out my pocket and the phone landed on its corner. Why even try and call me out on why it broke like you know what happened better than I do? Haha dumb ass.

>Xiaomi Mi5 Pro
Hands down.

What theme engine fonts do you use Sup Forums?

>Axon 7 meme

No

ZTE is shit with updates.
No unlockable bootloader
Small ass community outsides of China.

Comparison videos have showed that the Axon 7 is inferior to the OP3 other than just the sound.

MEMEkiller

this tbqh famalam

>no microsd slot
kys

Are Lenovo phones any good?
I want to get Lenovo Vibe X3. Anyone has it?

I just got a text message from india saying I won 500 dollars. What the fuck, is this common? I just got this number yesterday.

64GB is plenty. A microSD slot is nice to have but at that storage size and at 400€ I'm willing to skip it.

32GB? What do you need 16GB of storage goy?

It's pretty common to get spam like that or other weird shit. A lot of the time it's from the person who last had the number signing up for spam and other shit.

My mom had debt collectors contacting her once because if that.

flash3c.com/flash-plus-2/

I got this Flash Plus 2 today. Thoughts?

Should I fall for the Moto Z Force meme? Currently have an LG V10 and the mods look cool as hell, and I generally like Motorola phones.

Or should I hold out to see what the LGV20 or whatever looks like?

coming from a Galaxy S5 i just got a coprorate upgrade with verizon so I have my choice of verizon phones. Should i just go with S7?

yea. Galaxy S6 was apiece of shit.

Motorola phones are quite hard to get in Belgium and there is usually a price increase compared to other countries.

Any other sub €150 phones with good custom ROM support?

Yes.

Sup Forumsuys, I'm thinking to get a new smartphone what shall I get?
I have HTC M8, still working good except the battery now start to not be enough for 1 day.

HTC10 look good, and using HTC for 3 years, I can say its solid.
Nexus still until September, maybe even later.
LG is just gimmick
Oneplus 3 , no SD card and look like a htc clone.
Moto z look nice, but no international variant until September

What do you suggest?

>No applel
>No samshit

I'm going to get an HTC 10. Tell me why I'm retarded.

You're not, it is actually a good phone

>no best phone on the market
stay plebian

>or wait for Moto Z
>Seriously suggesting someone should wait to buy that Lenovo monstrosity

Other than it being kinda overpriced and HTC's mediocre record with battery life it's a good device.

Samshit:
>Touchjizz
> No USB-C 3.1
>Bloated as fuck (roughly 8GB)
>Quick charging 2
>Touchjizz.
> Laggy fingerprint sensor like previous generation.
>All glass design, make it literally broken from 30cm height, and fingerprint magnets.
>No adoptable storage.
>Touchjizz.
>Non- removable battery.
>Iphone SE 1642mAh battery beat it.
news.softpedia.com/news/iphone-se-beats-iphone-6s-and-samsung-galaxy-s7-in-battery-tests-502183.shtml
>Locked bootloader, so your half ass custom roms that lake camera/blutooth/wifi/call function won't even work.
>Enjoy you android update after 9 months from release.
>Touchjizz.
>Look exactly like S6 which is cheaper.
Yeeah, No.

If that's the best normal phone on the market, whats the best big form factor phone

Just read the Anandtech review part 2...

Is the phone really that average or is it just Apple bias?

>Moto G4 overheats and throttles
Fuck. There goes the budget option.

blatant bias, contradicts every other professional review.

>SD617 has the same problems as 615
Nice.

Chinknovo decided to use a overheating budget chip for their G-series instead of using a 650 for the plus at least. What the fuck is wrong with the Chinese, every phone they make has some glaring issue.

Are the Nexus phones worth getting, or should I just look elsewhere?

only phones to look forward to are the note7, marlin, sailfish, BB neon/argon/mercury, and the iphone 2016

desu pretty bleak year

only the 6p, or wait for the next flagship

So i just got my san diego chinkphone today. Nothing special, a 4000mAh phone that just werks (better than having no phone, which is where I was before), but their's one thing very special about it.

Every phone? Whats the glaring issue with the RN3P?

Look at all this shit that comes with it. A case, screen protector, headphones, extra buds, charger, and one of those micro-usb to usb adapters that can charge other people's phones. Why don't flagships that aren't iPhone do this?

my iphone came with all of those.

your point?

Please advise you fagtrons.

How bad is the overheating? Is it really as bad as reviewers say?

How is it inferior? I'll give you the bootloader thing but the phone has mostly the same guts with a bigger screen, slightly better camera and 2 GB less RAM. I can imagine it being slower to render because it's not using an old as fuck 1080p OLED that suffers from the same color issues as old Samsungs did. QHD will be a bit slower and the charging is slightly slower since it doesn't use a proprietary solution but otherwise it's the same machine but with more screen and speaker in exchange for some software gimmicks.

Quick question, why can't I find more than one redmi note 3 pro on Aliexpress and not a single note 2?

nice gif, sauce

>Why don't flagships that aren't iPhone do this?

Samshhit and aplel both sucks at this phase of smartphones.