What's the last thing you Macgyvered Sup Forums?

What's the last thing you Macgyvered Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_f7-Eq4H0D8?t=1m11s
instructables.com/id/OpenVR-Opensource-Rift-for-only-150/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A computer case out of a pile of sticks

tape -> ssd

doesnt everyone do that though?

Will upload pics after my ice cream if anyone is interested.

yes. More pics of ice cream too though.

I MacGyvered my dick-screte GPU into your mom's pussy IE lane

10/10 ice cream

I still dial phones using the switchhook sometimes just to keep myself in practice. Yes, you young punks, I really am that old.

Sure

It actually is

Has even more chocolate inside too.

I always just lick out the icecream. I find the cone very boring so I never eat it.

Solid.

I lick out the ice cream till I can't reach far enough into the cone anymore, then eat the cone.

You should get a pack, legit. They're cheap too, so worth it.

is there solid chocolate in the at the bottom of the cone / at the cone tip?

>3 AUD
holy shit

Less than a dollar each, pretty good deal, especially compared to cornetto and drumstick.

It's in the middle near the tip, just a little bit. It's great cause it doesn't overpower the rest of the ice cream but it just adds to it, like icing but on the inside instead.

A jumper cable out of a paper clip.

I don't really eat ice cream.

Milk effects my skin in a bad way and I try to avoid high caloric food.

I did the 'aluminium can on the wifi antenna' thing.
Yielded minor improvements.

let me think...

Going into the garage to snap pics of the computer, it's more of a test bench though than an actual case.

Here's a picture of my puppy in a bunnings trolly in the mean time though

Interesting

06 Nissan Titans had a shit ECM that was recalled and I found out parked on the edge of an abandoned military base. Use the spring from some kid's airsoft gun to short my ECM and reset it. Took all the fuses for my fog lights and the lights to my camper shell, taped them together and used some wire from an abandoned building to make a bullshit relay and connected it to the plug-in in the ECM, and pray to Zues my truck starts. Comes to life and I can't believe it worked. Drive to to the nearest dealership and ask for a replacement. They say they don't have a recall on file, I pulled out a public statement from Nissan's website, still ask me for $800. Ask for a relay instead for $5 and tell them to suck my dick. Get the new ECM off Amazon for $160 and put it in that Friday.

Here it is, rate my nigrigged attempt at a fancy wooden test bench.

Original plan was to benchmark a bunch of old shit I got for YouTube but I've yet to start.

Currently that's an i7 870, with a HD5870. 8Gb ram, 300GB velociraptor, etc.

Would anyone actually be interested if I started reviewing the latest titles on aged hardware? Current CPUs I have here are i5 2500, i3 2120, i3 3220, i7 870, and a q8300.

I even put an Intel fan underneath to cool the mobo on my i7 870 since its been overclocked to housefire levels.

> tfw that solid chunk of chocolate at the bottom of the cone

Maybe a couple of videos of me fucking around trying out multigpu on older parts

what are some channels like primitive technology but with household stuff?

used double sided tape to mount a hdd

fuck me, only $3? might go get a pack, woolies or coles?

over here in yurop there's cornets that cost 1,30 euros for 8 pieces

ALDI.

Another recommendation is the almond chocolate coated ice cream from coles. Pack of 4 for $4 and it tastes amazing. Ice cream is really creamy and soft too.

lots of stuff, could write up so much, but you know how it is, Sup Forums ruins everything. so I'm not gonna tell you and be pretty smug about your consumerism

Where the fuck are you? In italy we pay 2 EUR for a 4 pack of cornetti

low profile mousepad with easily customizable designs
it warped a little after about a week of use so im gonne change it for one of those loose-leaf binders

>mars gaming
Wut

I taped a speaker together at work.

Changed polarization in my midi keyboard's sustain pedal using a bubble gum, a small piece of paper and a staple. re-assembled the case and voila, it works perfectly full mcgyver mode.

I regularly make 2.5" to 3.5" bay 'adapters' out of rubber bands and matchsticks to put smaller HDDs into the larger bays. Works just fine to suspend the drive in twisted bands.
Dude just use a piece of cardboard as a mouse mat, I've done so for years.

that's a man

NEVER EVER eat the tip op the cone!!!

My mom's dryer vent pipe fell apart and I botched it back together with duct tape and tin snips(converted female ends into male ends because she didn't have the right pieces)

How to eat the rest then?

Never comment on my waifus pics ever again

Fucking guys that make cones use the tips to clean out their ears. Seen it with my own eyes.

I'll duct the shit out of ya mums vent pipe

cardboard glides like ass, too much friction. And it wears off in a few days
flat shiny plastic glides fine, but the static friction is much higher - small movements are imprecise
therefore textured plastic - like all mousepads since fucking forever

>middle school urban legends

How horrifying

cardboard case for PS3 HDD.

Try the kind of cardboard that's used in cereal boxes
The corregated kind is no good

>Changed polarization

Stops being an urban legend when you witness it. But, feel free to munch on them. I know I won't.

Posted about this in the other thread yesterday, but I ran Cat5 through the old in-wall vacuum system in my house. AMA I guess.

I use a Persian-Farsi to English comparative grammar book.

>no preservatives
>look at the ingredients
>sodium 61mg

youtu.be/_f7-Eq4H0D8?t=1m11s

Which "guy" would that be you shitposting faggot? Actuator unit #47 or cone roller #16..?

My friend bought a wireless adapter when he was building his PC, but it didn't work when he got Windows 10, so the madman found a network range extender, put it on top of his case and plugged in an Ethernet cable. bloody thing works just as good.

>61mg of sodium
>preservative
are you retarded

You're an idiot. While doing something like salting meats can help preserve the meats for a long period of time, sale itself is not a preservative. Certainly not an artificial one, and in the case of ice cream would have absolutely no effect on preserving it or not.

tl;dr kill yourself faggot.

I should buy a case.

You really think every cone you munch on is machine made and/or machine packed? Boy, you know shit.

Keep telling yourself that. And lick those ends.

Didn't have a TRS to RCA adapter on hand.

Made my own aux cable from two earphones

>tfw you wanted pictures of the case

Probably because it's past 5 A.M. but fuck, this was funny

Something between a google cardboard and a real rift, out of 3D printed bits and army surplus junk.

the packaging mentions nothing about artificial preservatives, just preservatives

no point in talking about things you don't understand

kys

I demand to see this

instructables.com/id/OpenVR-Opensource-Rift-for-only-150/
Close enough to that. Mine looks cleaner and a bit larger and longer, because Im using a bit bigger of a screen and different lenses.

Your mom

The last thing? Modding a GBA link cable to match the gameboy link cable pinout. Mainly for trading Pokémons

What is it?

AC adapter

JESUS FUCK
LEARN TO SPLICE YOU CUNT

Shit, i forgot to add that i had to redo it, so i needed a temporary solution to check if the wiring was right

Used rubber bands and Bic pens to make a roman style torsion ballista on the frame of the gates in my office window. I think at least two of the pigeons I hit died later

my life.

Took my grandma's old WRT and flashed it and set it up to be a range extender
Cut the end off an old PC fan and connect it to an arcade PSU on the side of my desk on a hot day

attached a chinese $1 microphone to a McDonalds straw, and put the straw through a gap in my headphones. We gaming headset now.

Cheap plastic Microsoft mouse, used wd40 to make left click plastic more ducal, bent into a more factory position, still didn't work to the fullest so i put a thin strip of duck tape on the part that causes action on the internal click mechanism and put a small slit in the duck tape with a box cutter to ensure it does not slip on the circuit board button.

Can now click while pressing from any direction and position on the left click outer plastic.

You really need to quit smoking

Maybe twenty years ago, but this day and age they're bound to be machine made, any other company making using human labor at any point during the manufacturing of a product of that nature would have gone out of business a long time ago.

I feel bad because i don't have pictures but:

>JVC car stereo.
>"Blueetooth ready"
>$129 USD Bluetooth compatible adapter.
>FuckthatJewtrick.jpg
>Buy a $2 bluetooth usb to 3.5m from linio.
>Dissassemble the stereo front panel
>Appart from the on/off slider it had the connection is preety straight forward.
>Close the panel, the thing is completely stock looking
>It werks just fine.
>It can still power up ub devices from the port
>I can switch between bluetoot playback, usb playback and aux playback.

I want to do a HTCP instead of the car stereo to play with, but i havent found a 12v hdmi 7-6" screen...theres plenty of room in the dashboard for that and being able to boot Windows 10 / Android would be sweet in long journeys.

That thing looks terrifying, nightmare fuel it is.

>Post this in audiophiles forums
>Tell them it works great and sound quality is amazing
>Maybe mention that the connection is very well isolated because the cable is very high end (mention something like $100 usd a foot)
>See them argue.
>Proffit.

Buy a soldering iron you barbaric baboon. That hurts to look at.

My case didn't have 2.5" slot

I did a DIY fleshlight
Dunno if that's related to tech/g/nololigy
>mfw I realize
>there is a diy specific board

Child's play.

a junk sentry gun prop for an event at a college, made from a toy car and some relay stuff. pretty simple.

Italian here too. Don't fuck with THE Cornetto. It's a small price for such a milestone in industrial ice creams

I lost/threw away some screws for the case I bought 4 years ago so I used paper clips to secure the new front fan I put in.

more photos of it.

for what purpose?

It /was/ for a game called hvz.
picture unrelated.

yore mom

oh shit what are you doing