>2016
>people still download mp3 from youtube and listen
WHY?

what's the alternative?

Make your own songs.

Because it's convenient and the quality is fine unless you're autistic and locked up in some autism treatment facility, also not everyone is a pretentious fucking shithead like you that screams 'botnet' at everything

>mp3 in 2016
lmao

opus master race

I'm not an audiophile.

let me see some songs that you made then. lead by example.

Woah there user, you might wanna take your chill pills

FLAC
OR FUCKING EVEN GOOD QUALITY MP3 FILES.
Bro, have you ever listened a good MP3 file or a FLAC file on a good quality headphone?

You can download them from Youtube.

I do that until I can find a better quality one that I know isn't a pootube rip.

MP3 is better than FLAC

get mad autists

To be honest the quality's only been getting better and unless you have some private tracker access or a buttload of money to actually afford every song you like, it's the best way to build your music collection.

...but at least use clipgrab or something similar that doesn't further fuck up audio quality.

Opus

And how would you record them using no proprietary equipment?
Whistling master race here

get out >>Sup Forums
Opus is good but since storage is getting cheaper and cheaper day by day, you will regret that you didn't get RAW FLAC music or animes.

I like my music properly tagged, thank you.

Okay, serious question.
As a DJ i only use 320kbps mp3 files on my Serato.

I have NEVER heard anything in FLAC. How good is it?

Adding songs you find to a YT playlist and then downloading the new songs quickly and easily through FLVto is the only way.

Placebo tier.

256kbps mp3 and 10,000 kbps FLAC sound same.

Its the reason audiophiles cant pass the ABX double blind test and claim the test is meaningless.

MP3 V0 is better.

I can tell the difference between 256 and 320, only if I've heard the song(s) a lot of times and know what 320 should sound like on that specific track

is FLAC realy that shitty? where do i download anything FLAC? I just want to hear how it sounds like.

>lost

so Sup Forums is Sup Forums too

>2016
>Op is still faggot
WHY?

I'm using this command youtube-dl -x --audio-format mp3
By default VBR is set to 5.
Should I switch to CBR? Or stay on VBR but change the settings? I mostly use it to rip ASMR

How can you be "a DJ" in [current year] and still be this clueless about audio?

Because no one has decent headphones, if you care that much about headphones or an audio set up then you will use the correct formats.

The same way SYSADMIN clueless about computers.

>not downloading ALAC from rutracker.org
>not transcoding downloaded from private trackers FLAC to ALAC

So you have to spend $10000 on headphones and $20000 on audiophile gear to hear the difference between 320kbps mp3 and 10,00000000 kbps FLAC?

If you don't hear it, you still haven't bought more expensive gear yet?

K E K

I paid $100 for my MDR7506. While not being truly audiophile, it's a great start after using an equaliser and hearing audio files better. At first you won't hear the difference, but when you turn the equaliser off, or change to a lower quality one after a week or two, you'll hear the difference then.

Pretty much this

Don't really give a fuck

Not once did he mention prices

or use a streaming service

>not streaming with mps-youtube

Goat app

Its actually 2016.

all the torrent sites are getting nuked by copyright kikes what did you expect to happen

>the quality is fine
It's most likely transcoded 3 times over but doesn't matter really for chiptunes and weebshit

>implying a difference between 320kbps mp3 and flac

Youtube doesn't have MP3.

Normalfags don't care about quality.

>Streaming services
have plebian tier taste in music

I'm pretty sure that YouTube uses aac as its audio. Transcoding to mp3 will reduce the quality regardless.

Ye ye sure mr hipster faggot

YouTube aac is still better than soundcloud mp3 128. Yt is comparable to spotify standard quality aac

Yes, because the manority of the music I listen to falls along the lines of Katy Perry and nirvana, I don't listen to anything else other than top 100 classics and radio stations.

>Opus
>doe not support 44100 Hz sampling rate

MP3 VBR is good

So you know nothing about spotify or deezer or the others but still talking shit abput it

Just like every other retard on g

Because I have $30 headphones.
I'm not going to buy Blu Ray just to hook it up to a cathode ray teli.
I'm pretty content with what I have now and I see no reason for me to upgrade.

nope, it depends on the file uploaded.
check -F for available formats.
By default -x will download best audio.
why it's a big deal again?
Can you explain?

I use SoundCloud desu
Not sure if that counts as a streaming service or not.

Thinking that there is any difference between a HD youtube music video and a FLAC mp3 is the most autistic thing I ever read on Sup Forums.

>Youtube doesn't have MP3.
OP is a dummy
youtube uses .m4a not .mp3

Soundcloud was one of the first really big music streaming sites ever so yes, I would say it counts.

Oh, nvm then, disregard my other post.
Though, I do still download music, just something convenient about it, lime having a physical copy of a game, ya'know.

Youtube has streams for AAC, Vorbis, and Opus. M4A is just another name for the MP4 container.

I just get all my shit from some old shitty private tracker for music and save in my old ass HD so I can listen on my old ass winamp.

nope, he's right you know
i've never seen mp3 in -F output
it's usually m4a, webm or opus nowadays

I fixed my sony monitor headphones with a new a sewing needle and sock from a pack of socks that I didn't like, they are comfy.

Is that picture from before or after you 'fixed' them?

Until I can find all my music easily available in a different format, I must get MP3.

I know the argument that if flac takes too much space, you should stop being a poorfag and buy more storage because it's fairly cheap nowadays but if I can't find this music available, and if I have to get a goddamn interview so I can download some of that music for a tiny extra amount of quality that I might not actually notice, I just give up.

Mp3 320 is decent, stop being faggots.

mdr-vr?

Just get those cheap replacement pad for $1.50 from ebay. I got one and took about 2 weeks to get here, using it now.

>Mp3 320
Why is CBR better than VBR?

Ok so if i want to download music for free, what else is there than FLVTO, or some soundcloud free downloader?

Deezloader. Don't spread it too far though, I want that to last.

then you don't remember listening to music that had been recorded from tape to tape to tape. Or you never experienced it. Youtube quality is fine/

Got a better suggestion on what I should do if I want to download a song that's only on YouTube?

>things used to sound bad so it's ok

>he doesn't know how to download from Youtube

I can use ffmpeg to convert the files to whatever format I want -> problem solved!

So i use deezloader and the rest of the songs that i can't find in there i look for a torrent,
Where should i download music from Sup Forums?

>2016
>people still breathe oxygen and live in houses
WHY!?

to listen to 128kbps yt rips

>2016
>people still listen to music