/UXdesign/

Anyone on Sup Forums in the user experience field? What tools do you use? Where do you work and with what? I'm looking to go in to the field my self through my upcomming Masters degree. Trying to be fluid in HTML + CSS, Sketch and Axure RP.

No one?

According to Sup Forums, vim and emacs are the most user friendly text friendly available. The command line interface is the only interface. Tiling + workspaces is the only acceptable desktop layout.

Its my job. Learn HTML, CSS (then Sass/Less) and JavaScript if you want to get the bucks

What are you talking about?

Thanks. What about the design side of things? Like low/high-fidelity prototypes and so on?

>Trying to be fluid
The term you're looking for is fluent, retard.

I'm not fluid in english, sorry :^)

KYS, we all knew what he meant.

We all knew what the designer was going for here.

Holy shit a clusterfuck

Every one in the UI field has their head jammed so impressively far up their asses with their cognitive ergonomics bullshit that they can't see that every attempt at more clean, intuitive, efficient, and graphically impressive interfaces is buttfucked 99.9% from the start. The best user interfaces are the most boring and predictable.

If you want to be a UI creature, fine, but please don't hide shit, don't make shit slide around in and out of view, don't make it so I have to load 5MB of menu experience every page, use icons to augment words and not replace them.

>needing a masters for webdev shit
What the fuck? Please kill yourself.

>neigborhood
>airport

lel

Dont think you know UX design spaglord. It's not just about sitting in front of a computer and doing "webdev". KILL YOURSELF FAGGOT

Give me some good ideas on a specific UX/UI topic I should write about in my final year project please. Oh god, I have made this news portal with which I was experimenting with layouts, but I am not sure how to make the paper not being too general, because from the UX books I gathered, most of it are just tips and tricks. I am certainly planning to use that portal for my paper, but don't know what could be the best part to reasearch and test with it.

>Sup Forums in the user experience field?
so hipster web dev

*tips fedora*

no reason to be upset and resort to spouting memes

UX designers line up outside the Starbucks looking for work

Might have better luck getting into fashion imo

t.butthurt hipster webdev cuck

No reason for me to be upset because I'm not UX designer, but you are talking nonsense.

Hmm, remember to add some user testing and describe the process and what you did after user feedback to live up to their demands

Is it hard to get a job as a UX designer?

This

they're user friendly for users that understand what they need them for.
I don't understand why you have to apply the lowest common denominator of "user friendly" to everything

I have a master's in hci and do ux design full time. Learn to sketch - making high fidelity mock ups is for interns and visual designers. anyone can design a webpage or app, you should be designing museums, workplaces, services, etc. to showcase your skills.

Of course the hard skills like knowing balsamiq and invision and the Adobe suite helps but the core of your skill set should be design thinking, especially at a master's level. You'll get torn apart in an interview otherwise

This is another really important thing that shitty designers don't get - you can't design everything for everyone. Knowing your user is fundamental to any kind of design work. The people who don't get that are not the ones working at Google or Frog

It's a side effect of the mass availability of technology to the masses in the last decade or so

Anything that even symbolizes being specialized is "so hard and shitty" because some psuedo intellectual codemonkey needs to spend more than two seconds learning to use it

UX is a field created so that women can get jobs in the tech industry. There are no women on Sup Forums, so you shouldn't expect any meaningful responses to your question.

They are not user friendly, but I'm no friendly user *tips fedora*

Nice projection lad.

Thanks for the advice! Where are you from, and is HCI in your case Human Centered Informatics or Human Centered Interaction? How did you get your first job? Thanks

This board is so incredibly useless.

try

Retard.

After using a tiling wm for a while, manually arranging windows feels really tedious and disgusting desu.

buttmad because it's true eh? Literally everyone in Starbucks is a UX designer
It comes with the purchase of a macbook I think

Good UX guys or gals are rare as hens teeth.

There are heaps out there that think getting a uni degree and knowing how to fiddle with HTML/CSS/JS makes you a good UX designer, but it's not even close.

They are also just as essential to mass market software as any other developer. I say that as a backend C++ guy. Where I work now we can get away with a shitty UX because of the type of market we are in (b2b usually doesn't care about UX so long as you can do a training day and just ignore the end users complaints), I worked at a company previously where we were directly selling software on apple/google app store and we tanked hard because the ceo/cto/lead developer/startup founder/head wanker decided we didn't need someone to come and fix all the horrid usability and style issues with our app.

This thread is like that one episode of boondocks about summer