Fedora 25 released

>fedora 25 released
>we will delay making wayland as default again
>fedora 26 released
>fedora 27 released

I hope you guys enjoy being stuck at using Xorg forever.

GNU/Linux community learned the hard way that shipping broken software as a replacement to old and working is a big mistake and turn off for a lot of people.

See: Ubuntu and pulseaudio fiasco

Besides, what's the point of using wayland if only gnomeme and (maybe) kde support it so far?

Lennartware is lennartware. wayland is unix as fuck

I hope Wayland never succeeds, I don't want to have to make a whole fucking compositor to make a window manager.

get a computer from this decade and it'll run fine.

It's here you fucker.

Everything which uses SDL or has active and sane devs uses it already. Chromium will merger the Wayland patches and will have support for it starting next release (they're lazy cunts).

Pulseaudio is awesome, and so is systemd. Maybe if you had opinions rather than repeating what the overmind says you'd know.

A wayland compositor is not the same as an X compositor. Hell, a Wayland compositor can be more minimalistic than an X window manager.

>what is libweston

>Pulseaudio is awesome
pulseaudio was pure shit for the first few years. it was broken as fuck and just recently became useable.

I do.

A toy, that's what.

Are you still living in the past?

same goes for systemd currently. maybe they'll drop all useless shit and fix it within the next ~5 years, but currently it's just a bloated broken piece of shit

U wot m8? 3 seconds from grub to login screen, systemd-network which is MUCH FUCKING BETTER THAN FUCKING NETWORKMANAGER FUCK, systemd-resolved which does DNS caching and DNSSEC so you don't need bloated dnsmasq which has a DNS server too, services and times you can bet your life on, and hundreds of other things to make your life easier.

Honestly, the fact that you don't fucking need networkmanager basically means much less bloat. You know how bloated networkfuckingmanager is? You can't even do anything without a fucking GUI.
Everyone who says systemd is bloat is a fucking hypocrite who has networkmanager installed. Fuck them.

Fuck off, poottering.

I wish there was an applet for networkd to use it on a desktop

It's straightforward: put a config file for every interface in /etc/systemd/network/, and in case you use DHCP everywhere you don't need to touch them ever. In case you have wireless, systemd-networkd does not handle wireless at all beyond interface level, so you have to use wpa-supplicant.
For wpa-supplicant you need a config file for every interface in /etc/wpa_supplicant. You don't actually need to touch it directly ever, though, just use this command: "wpa_passphrase >> /etc/wpa_supplicant/" as root and it'll append what's needed to it.

It does not get simpler than this for console-based network configuration.

whats wrong with xorg? and don't tell "its old"

if it works, why fix it?

>We will release broken Skylake microcode in our latest version.
Nothing but pain from this fucking distro. You rused me too many times Fedora.

It barely works.

I want to GPU passthrough with one card, is it possible on wayland? If not, then I don't care what I use.

You can, and you don't need either X11 or Wayland. You do need a second machine though. If you rmmod the kernel module for your graphics card the kernel will not touch it. You just need to SSH through from your second machine and start up whatever.
But if you really want to do this then you should just fucking install Windows.

Slow as fuck and bloated as fuck. It's slow as fuck because it prerenders things before things that are actually supposed to do the rendering tells it how to do it. that's why when your system is busy, you'll see grey backgrounds for a while before the window actually appears.

More importantly perhaps, any xorg application can capture any input from anywhere in the system. This means that keylogging is as easy as running system("xinput > keys.log");. You can test it yourself right now.