Linux

Linux
>can't run games
>can't run photoshop
>can't run razer mouse drivers
>can't even change mouse scrolling speed in chrome
>fonts are ugly
>need 30 min of googling to figure out which config file to edit to change some common setting i could do in osx or windows in 3 seconds while wearing a blindfold

How can you autistic people even use such an underwhelming and downright useless OS is beyond me.

>can't run games
I'm actually doing productive shit
>can't run photoshop
GIMP, it's free too.
>can't run razer mouse drivers
>razer
>can't even change mouse scrolling speed in chrome
Never had problems with this
>fonts are ugly
Ever heard about settings?
>need 30 min of googling to figure out which config file to edit to change some common
Maybe you should learn how to Google, or use something else than Arch if you can't use it.

Please do not reply to bait
Just report and hide

B-b-but muh freedom... Even tho it's all the same as soon as you connect to the NSA/Internet.

>GIMP, it's free too.
It's also not Photoshop

Freetard logic:
>thread bashing windows is good
>thread bashing linux is bait and should be reported and hidden

Not being able to take criticism much?

>razer mouse drivers
Go back to your chamber of virginity, manbaby

>I'm actually doing productive shit
On Loonix.. That's why it doesn't have any important software like CAD, Video editing, etc
>GIMP
Don't make me lough, faggot.
>razer
Same for Logitech and most other brands
>Just git gud with googllig THE OS IS PERFECT

>bought razer mouse
>worked for 2 years no problem
>bought similarly priced mouse from some unknown company
>crapped in 4 months
Yeah. Also, having a single product from a company doesn't make you a fanboy instantly.

>>can't run games
Are you above 18? If you are and you care, see a doctor
>>can't run photoshop
Good point, can windows forward it's display server? Any LXC like containers? What are the filesystems? Can the kernel let you remap DMA? DNSMasq? Can you actually make a folder named "CON"?
>>can't run razer mouse drivers
What do you need a "razer" mouse for? Manchild games?
>>can't even change mouse scrolling speed in chrome
It can
>>fonts are ugly
Way better than windows. Furthermore you can actually change fonts in Linux/BSD

Sup Forums is for tech enthusiasts, gaymen platform holds no value. Find another board

>Blaming Linux because companies won't port their fucking software.

Yeah, sure. 15 years ago you could make that argument. Linux wasn't meant for end-users. Shit changed. Now it's an extremely viable OS. You're part of the problem.

Can linux just work?
No it fucking can't
It also cannot handle multimonitor setups easily.
It has no real professional programs
And it leaves you virgin and obnoxious like all linux users are

>It also cannot handle multimonitor setups easily.
Yes it can
>It has no real professional programs
Plenty of great programming tools
>And it leaves you virgin and obnoxious like all linux users are
Not an argument

It does, actually. Too bad you are too retarded to read/follow instructions.

>Multi monitor support
-Plugin the fucking HDMi
-Even fucking LxDE works

>Gamez
>Professional
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Go back, manbaby

>Are you above 18? If you are and you care, see a doctor
This is Carmack, giving one of his Ferraris to the winner of the 97' Quake tournament.

Note that I said "one of his Ferraris".

Enjoy your """servers""".

I love when people say "muh professional software", as if 1. they actually use it and 2. it's somehow Linux's fault companies don't port it

Not an argument

Almost all your statements are wrong. Yes, linux has its problems, but what you've listed is nothing really important.

The thing I really like about Linux, is that the system is made for work with text files, so any text-related work does Linux far more better than Windows.

Another one is bash, which makes everything so much easier.

And lastly, it has great support for C language.

That's all I could ever dream of.

>Enjoy your """servers"""
Where do you think you are, manchild?

Actually I fucked up, this is the real pic from the event.

Still, my point was that he owns a lot of Ferraris.

>>need 30 min of googling to figure out which config file to edit to change some common setting i could do in osx or windows in 3 seconds while wearing a blindfold
wut

you don't know how to use a computer, so I guess the rest makes sense.

>oh I want to change something in tint2
>let's open ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc in vim!

Your "30 min of googling" Windows user mindset is actually making your life more difficult. Unix-like systems have manuals for this sort of stuff.

I report both because they're both shitposting, and this isn't the board to discuss Windows anyway.

works fine for httpd etc bro

>It also cannot handle multimonitor setups easily.
What do you mean by this? I swear on my life I have _literally never_ had multimonitor issues. What issue are you having and what GPU are you using?

Ok smartass, explain why Linux needs a command named whereis. Surely it's not because the file hierarchy is a schizophrenic mess?

>Productive shit.
>Implying making cod fragmovies in Sony Vegas is productive

I'm using Linux because it's much more friendly for developers than Windows. No need in installing million dependencies and command line still don't see program in path environment.

>this isn't the board to discuss Windows anyway
Look at this guy on his high horse.

>herp derp muh Sup Forums is about Loonix

It's not

This. That's an argument for manchild gamers. If I would need to use Photoshop I would just use Windows or Mac (probably the second)

What do you mean it 'needs' the 'whereis' command? I have never used that command. If you want to know more about the file hierarchy you can use man or gnu info. (gnu info lets you browse various pages via links within itself so it's better if you don't have an exact page in mind, it also starts at the outermost subjects if you run it without arguments)

What are you comparing it to when you say it's a mess, though? It makes a lot of sense and everything but Windows uses it. I can tell you from personal experience growing up on Windows that Windows in general is a lot harder to use, and it rarely makes sense where stuff is.

Sorry if I came off that way. Technology as a word has a very broad definition. It can be abused to have threads about things like pencils, when really I think this board is more about computers. The OS that was forced on you and your family when you were little that you grew up using doesn't really seem like technology. I can understand discussing it on Sup Forums, not because it is a video game, but because a large portion of people still using Windows 'willingly' play a lot of video games. I also play a lot of video games, however I only use GNU/Linux. The difference between myself and these other people is that they aren't willing to make any sacrifices to improve their QoL if it means even one less game in their library, whether or not they actually planned to play that game.

Are you trolling m8?

>/bin
>/dev
>/etc
>/lib
>/opt
>/run
>/sbin
>/usr
>/var

How the fuck do you make sense of a system where a single application goes into all these folders and their subfolders and their subfolders?

Do all Linux users develop Stockholm syndrome like this?

because different admins do different things and sometimes document it poorly

do you even know what these subs do? it's one thing to complain it's another to ignorantly bitch about something you know nothing about. and if you knew than why include dev and leave out tmp and root and boot

>different admins do different things
Pretty much Linux summed up as a whole.

Because listing them all is beyond the goddamn point. Gosh you people are obnoxious.

meanwhile ms admins configuring gui windows to serve dhcp and ad

>/bin
Binaries
>/dev
Devices
>/etc
Config files
>/lib
Libraries
>/opt
Actually not quite sure
>/run
Runtime data
>/sbin
System binaries
>/usr
User files
>/var
Contains files processes write to during runtime
Pretty intuitive

At least they have nice colors and flat icon animations.

if you're finding binaries in dev you have bigger problems than linux shills

You fucking retard, all of them are orginised while POS winPOO ain't
>Program files
>Program files (x86)

kek

huhuhu i need a config panel to change a config file }

vi is too hard and nano is too easy a huhuhu imma windows admin

whereis locates more than just binaries.

Ok, seriously. Are there any decent non-linear video editors that have a feature set to compete with Premiere Pro?

>scattering one application's data across 27 directories
>organised
Can you at least pretend not to be stupid

whereis C:\ a huhuhu where am i

>Are you trolling m8?
No. Your argument is literally "I don't understand this so it must be difficult", so I think you are the one 'trolling'. Just actually go run 'info' and read up on it.

/opt is like usr/local, but for non-self, external, prepackaged binary/application bundle installations.

>implying you need anything even close to that to produce your meme youtube videos

> $10 generic mouse.
> works for 15 years.

Gaymen faggit GTFO.

My argument is that to call that mess of a hierarchy organised is insane.

Also, why just 3 letters? This ain't the 60s anymore. Get with times, Linux devs.

>using the gaymer meme reply to a legitimate question

It is organized, you just don't understand it so you keep bashing it

I don't know what each is for, but I also rarely need to use most of them. Keep in mind that this is the unix file hierarchy, not the GNU one, so a lot of this stuff changes over time. For example, another user said he didn't know what /opt/ is for. My brother told me that his company's software installs there, however using GNU/Linux on the desktop, I haven't really had to put anything there. A lot of uses have changed now.

>Also, why just 3 letters? This ain't the 60s anymore. Get with times, Linux devs.
So.. you want to type more? Man pages should tell you what everything is a shortening of if that's all you want, and you could probably make aliases or symlinks that let you type the longer names. It's more common for sysadmins to want to shorten things than lengthen them, honestly. unix stuff is all just a few letters generally, but a lot of GNU stuff (e.g. GNU style command arguments) is longer.

Some programs have -r and --recursive doing the same thing. I'd rather type -r. If I use the program regularly, I will remember what it does. If not, I can check the man page, even without Internet. I don't really seem to have these major issues you think you have. Do you actually use a unix-like system? It's a pleasant experience. I'd even go as far as to say it's very fun.

so you admit yet you've never maintained even a simple linux based system...

understandable then you'd find it so hard. do it a couple years and you'll find everything is everything. nothing every stays the same anyways. ohhhhh muh config and install directories.

document your shit like a grownup and you wont have trouble. jesus fuck

>you just don't understand it so you keep bashing it
Linuxtards favorite excuse

Do you expect Sup Forums cucks to listen to arguments? Dude their IQ is literally too low

It's a bit overwhelming at first but it does make sense once you get into it.
It also doesn't really matter, your package manager should take care of all of that anyway. The only directories that you regularly use on a normal desktop machine are pretty much just /etc/ and your home directory.

I explained the purpose of each directory and you chose to ignore it. It makes perfect sense, you're just not willing to learn

16 element in a routing web is too many huhuhu

actually linux audio is a clusterfuck but its getting better. I'm very happy we used boxed solutions for audio implementations liek speakers etc

every book or tutorial explains each people on Sup Forums are just learning impaired. that and they dont understand linux vs a linux distro with its own ideas of how to work

>16 element in a routing web
Objectively superior design, used by servers, dumbshit cuckold

I SWEAR I HATE YOU FAGGOTS. WE HAVE THE SAME GODDAMN THREADS EVERY DAY, WITH THE SAME FUCKING BAIT EVERYTIME. IT ISN'T EVEN FUNNY, IT'S JUST FUCKING SAD, AND YOU SHOULD ALL KILL YOURSELVES.

lmao who are you even fighting anymore

after u m8
:^)

That was really fucking clever, you underage faggot.

Linuxfags are the worse sour grapers on this site.

It can't play games.
>well I didn't want to play games anyways manchild

It takes hours to configure.
>implying it shouldn't take over an hour to install a print driver. I'm a leet mr robot hacker so I know my pc.

Open source software sucks.
>kek. Everyone on my deviantart site loves my gimp based hentai. No one needs professional level software

(you will die before i do : ) )

ill have sex with any offspring too

>It takes hours to configure.
15 min max and that's Arch Linux.

You are running out of arguments, underage fucktard

>admitting to being an underage faggot
Yeah, you would want to fuck my two sons.

>well I didn't want to play games anyways
I don't, next non-argument

>le complicated Linux audio diagram meme
The only messy thing about that is PulseAudio. The rest of the diagram would look the same for any other operating system. Most of those are just cross-platform libraries for audio output. And Allegro and SDL on that diagram are just cross-platform game / multimedia libraries.

You can ignore most of what's on that diagram, such as OSS (not a thing any more unless you use FreeBSD or something) and you can ignore JACK unless you're doing some fancy audio recording stuff. This diagram in practice can be simplified to:

(optional cross platform audio library) -> ALSA -> sound card

or:

(optional cross platform audio library) -> PulseAudio -> ALSA -> sound card

So it's not actually any more or less complicated than Windows or OS X.

yeah but pirating winders is so easy, that counts as free.

now how to get gabe newell to release the games as open source.

> muh open OS

> muh proprietary gaymes

Talk about sources grapes, you couldn't even install a print driver and configure CUPS. What an underage faggot.

>ovr age faggot :^)

have fun with your being a loser IRL : ) ))))

*sour grapes

open grape stack is different noob

You look like a fucking retard posting the smiley with the carat nose in every single post. Cancer.

at least mine hasnt metastasized like the one in your brain.

im a 2something single sysadmin making new buckets... i don't really think your failed excuse for a life can rattle my roll.

>I was only being a dumb faggot on purpose!

and your stupid by accident, it all works out!!

i hope your sons die of a genetic disorder you pass on

I like how you changed your topic so quickly, manbaby :^)

>your stupid by accident

from you dying to your sons dying? i guess i just dont like you sorry,

and it stopped being about linux, my job, or your life a half hour ago. you're just along your your self ticketed ride at this point.

also the linux networking stack is more robust than windows. but you would know that already since you have decided to commit suicide because of linux shilling and antishilling

He isn't even the guy you were responding to.

:^)gramamr phd here people

(they got it!!!)

Nice blog though, queer.

i wasnt even changing the topic, that post confused me

Hi there manchild, I think you got your shit mixed :^)

You leave Reddit and come here so you can't get downvoted?

meanwhile, inside your non existent girlfriends vagina

except im not mogli and if i was like you id kill myself lol

useless

Hush, he has a sysadmin's brain, remember?

Meanwhile, I'm fucking ur mum

i was only here to derail a linux bashing thread

so far so good jobless neet

besides, people should be using csh so they can try even harder

If you kill yourself, nothing of value will be lost actually. Pretty sure your disappointed parents would be relieved of the burden of an overgrown manbaby

Your mom won't have to change your diapers everyday XD

disgusting, why would you disrespect yourself like that

it's not so bad i just drink a lot now

they are at the point of asking money from me i dont really see how this applies. i mean, i dont give it to them because they didnt have the ability to sustain themselves why would i enable such poor money management

they would be glad to see me die so they could tell themselves they were right about me

>derail Linux bashing thread
Yeah, and I started the same thing here

Its a time-sink OS which gives autistic NEETs a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day when they do a common task in an extremely long-winded way.

Linux is for special applications and uses, you're not supposed to make it run like a home OS on a main machine, that's fucking retarded unless you have some very very specific preferences, autism basically, which Windows or even MacOS could not give you.

Even the normified Linux distros are a bad idea, have some self respect and use the best personal OS which exists, that being MacOS. Use Windows if you're a gaymur.