I've got a DELL U2715H monitor right now

I've got a DELL U2715H monitor right now

Is there any point upgrading this, without wasting money on insignificant improvements, if I don't want 4k/widescreen/bigger screen and my only concern is image quality?

If yes, which monitor would be an upgrade to it?

Other urls found in this thread:

dell.com/ed/business/p/dell-u2413/pd
logicalincrements.com/
amazon.com/MX239H-1920x1080-AH-IPS-Back-lit-Monitor/dp/B00B1IAL7W/?tag=logicaincrem-20
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Personally would be an upgrade for me. I have the 24" 1080p version and it is really nice. Might do a dual screen and make the 1080p panel sideways.

funny thing I had the 24" 1080p version before, not the U though, but the P series
the warranty was almost off (2.5 years old), when I noticed a few dead pixels in the middle of my screen
told them about it, and they sent me a replacement monitor the following day
it was this
they literally gave me a brand new monitor, that's worth twice as much as my original 2.5 years old one, without even asking or checking the dead pixels (all they wanted was a photo)
I fucking love DELL for this

I just bought the U2515H and this is the best monitor I have ever owned. Colors are nice and the PPI is just right for the size.

get on the 21:9 bandwagon you know you want to

please no

That's a good head's up. Thanks for that. I thought they were shit since they decided to drop support for my laptop after three years of its release (no driver updates, not tested for win10). At least they're good with the monitors.

I got U2515H 2 months ago, the best thing I've ever owned. Best fucking price for such a monitor. It would be GOAT if it was 16:10 but anyway PPI and the colors are great.

>which monitor would be an upgrade to it?
Eizo CS/CX/CG if you can afford it.

here's a pic I sent them, this is the reason why they sent me a brand new replacement monitor

which is worth twice as much

I still can't believe it

21:9 is superior to all other monitors.

That's amazing. I will keep that in mind with my Dell monitor. I also have a warranty which is good.

if you care about image quality then get a 1440p or 4k display

Really? How about this? It looks nice on display.

but this IS a 1440p display (the u2715h)

I have the exact model. Great monitor!

Either you're kiddo and never had decent monitor or this monitor is indeed downgrade compared to your last CRT monitor.

>Low aspect ratio, butchered resolution compared to 8:5 AR 2560x1600
>Back or rather edgelit by blue leds with white coating; blue dominated color spectre
>Sample and hold motion blurring + generally slow response times of LCD = the horror
>Dell: no QC, AT ALL, but good warranty exchange in some countries
>'Bezelless' design, but 1cm black line outside the panel

>If yes, which monitor would be an upgrade to it?
If crap monitor tech and you want the same size and resolution: Eizo CG277 or CX271, because of IPS glow eliminating polarizer and ability to actually calibrate to standards, backlight uniformity compensation. The bad: terrible overdrive alchoritms, but you're used to it with that Dell.
Decent monitor tech, but 'deprecated' according to millenials: Eizo T960/966.

>Eizo CG277
>using a commercial grade post processing monitor for gaming
Fuck off retard - this so dumb, it's beyond any level of trolling possible.

how can you be this fucking retarded?

>commercial grade
Consumer, prosumer, professional, commercial, you keep coming with these irrelevant or rather you invent meanings for these terms.
That monitor provides significant features relevant to image quality that are obvious to anyone caring about (static, because anything moving on LCD looks like crap) image quality.
And less significant, but not meaningless: assembled in Japan, in factory that has somekind of QC at least, instead of sweatshop in mainland China. Panel is unfortunately made in PRC or ROK.

Oh yeah, why bother, you didnt actually provide any argument.

Can you recommend me a 1920x1080 monitor that is focused on image quality? I have the Dell U214H looking to get a better image qualtiy in terms of original color and everything else

There is no point to be made. It speaks for itself that there is no point in spending $2,600 on a fucking monitor, unless you are editing photo or video for a large commercial level budget client.

Where the fuck does OP mention gaming? "My only concern is image quality" is what I see.

Anything with Premiere Color is very good.

Why the fuck else would anyone consider a 27" 4k monitor? So they can blow up Facebook and Sup Forums to huge proportions?

Retard

By that logic, Eizo CG318-4K is a gaming monitor he should get.

>that there is no point in spending $2,600 on a fucking monitor
That is your opinion. You also seem to think that image quality doesnt matter with games. Well, it does for me and quite a few others.
Best monitors have always been pricy. CX271 cost 1000-1200 yuros, is identical panel wise to GC277, but has only built-in correction sensor instead of calibration sensor. I dont remember exactly how much Eizo T960 cost, since it was in national currency back then.

Only argument why CX271/CG277 is worse for gaming compared to U2715H, is that it has slightly more input lag. They both have shitty overdrive, but in Eizo, it can be at least disabled.

Eizo CS230, but why not go slightly higher? If you dont mind 8:5 aspect ratio and 1920x1200, CX241/CG247 is a decent monitor: they have everything their 27" counterparts have, polarizer that eliminates IPS glow included. The CX241 goes for 900-950 yuros in Europe.

Post a photo of your desktop with your Eizo monitor.

No.

That's because you don't have one, are trolling super fucking hard, and are talking about this shit as if you've simply read it off of the internet.

Fuck off.

He sounds like that one faggot from [H] forum.

why do you want some shitty Dell monitor?

That's because you're jerking off about a monitor you've never owned or even used and are shilling it based on pure technical specifications. Ignoring that for 99% of users they'll never notice a difference when compared to an Ultrasharp from Dell.

Also that fancy 10-bit panel you jerk off too would never matter for you because games use 8 bit colors anyway.

What's your beef with Dell? Been using them for 7-8 years, both at work and home, never had a problem. Generally their output is quite good if you invest into their higher quality shit.

>What's your beef with Dell?
normie shit

Even with minimal wage in this country, i can buy multiple of these monitors annually without sacrificing living standards.
Does that piss you so much?

From monitors mentioned, i have Eizo T960 (three), CX241, CX271 and not mentioned: Eizo CG301W, SX3031, NEC PA302W and PA322UHD.
If you dont believe that, why should i care?

which one is better, U2715H or UP2516D. They cost roughly the same price and both are 1440p, and one is obvioulsy 27 the other 25 inch.

The 25 inch one supposedly has better color reproduction, so I'm confused which one to get.

Unless you're literally doing color accurate work for a major publication or similar it simply isn't worth it. Many professionals use Dell ultrasharp panels for color accurate work, many professionals who likely make more than you.

Is the Eizo CS230 the best 1920x1080 monitor that displays the best image quality like no other?

>Also that fancy 10-bit panel you jerk off too would never matter for you because games use 8 bit colors anyway.
And now where did i mention these to be argument? With CX241, CX271 and PA322UHD, the main selling factor for me was the polarizer and secondly ability to calibrate internal LUT.

> Ignoring that for 99% of users they'll never notice a difference when compared to an Ultrasharp from Dell.
This might true for those who grew up with this shitty display tech that is LCD, but not for anyone who has looked at monitors for more than decade.

You are so full of shit, it's incredible. Literally nobody believes your shill story.

Thinking about going full retard with my monitor setup. What would you do: One big 21:9, a 4k or 2x1440p?

Full retard - 3x 21:9s

pics or didn't happen you colossal faggot

>This might true for those who grew up with this shitty display tech that is LCD, but not for anyone who has looked at monitors for more than decade.

What a load of shit, I still have a decent Sony CRT I keep in the basement and yea it's got good picture quality but I stopped using it almost a decade ago for an IPS dell 1920x1200, which I eventually replaced with two U2515H.

I can happily and without any reservations choose my dell's over my CRT anyday.

Honestly I believe you're just so stuck in your ways that you tell yourself the diference is there and noticeable. Even though in actuality you'd be hard pressed to even demonstrate a difference with hard testing, let alone a comparison with the human eye.

It can be hardware calibrated to different color spaces (SRGB and ARGB included), a feature which most LCD monitors lack (that Dell linked to you seems to also seem feature it, but i have absolutely no experience with that monitor). It's edgelit by blue and green leds with red coating or blue led with quantum dot coating, so it provides color spectre that is not blue dominated. This is a monitor i can't speak of personally too much, because i have used it for only few hours. But the calibration features are a fact, of course. It also has the strong glow that most AH-IPS panels have exhibit, unlike the panels in CX241 and CX271.

I kind of do, I know a guy just like him IRL.

Why is it so hard to find a 1080p monitor with best color reproduction? while its so easy to find the best performing graphics card like the 1080 but for monitors its such a pain

>Google 3 21:9
>"'If a priest's daughter defiles herself by becoming a prostitute, she disgraces her father; she must be burned in the fire.

It isn't hard at all:

image quality is much more subjective than calculation speed

yes it is when you're trying to find it for a 1920x1080 monitor not a 1920x1200

>I can happily and without any reservations choose my dell's over my CRT anyday.
Obviously you dont care about motion quality or black levels. Or - let me take the same stand- dont have that monitor in your basement and have never used decent CRT monitor.

>Honestly I believe you're just so stuck in your ways that you tell yourself the diference is there and noticeable
The difference in motion quality between LCD (using sample and hold, scanning picture mode might provide slight improvement) and CRT is a simple fact. As are black levels, when comparing to any decent CRT monitor.

I wouldn't upgrade until the 30" 4k monitors are cheap.

I know absolutely nothing about computer hardware and need it spelled out for me

logicalincrements.com/
would the "excellent" tier be overkill for this monitor?

amazon.com/MX239H-1920x1080-AH-IPS-Back-lit-Monitor/dp/B00B1IAL7W/?tag=logicaincrem-20

my budget is $1200 or so for the entire build and monitor, so that seems like a decent combination, right? Apparently the 1060 can run BF4 on ultra at ~90fps in 1080p, so I don't know how much performance I'd lose with 1440p

And the difference in IPS panel with polarizer (this is NEC marketing term, but since no one has come up with a better one, i use it) and without is obvious to anyone. No glow and subjective black levels are much better.

I accedently dropped my monittor and the top left of my monitor is just dead pixels, no cracks. Is it possible to get my monitor replaced for warrenty? Or if not how much would this sell on ebay? I'm in UK

No, you literally have liquid bleeding over your panel - it will be denied because it was obviously dropped somehow.

underrated post

>DELL U2715H
So I'm looking to buy a 27" monitor and my two main considerations are this and the ASUS MX27AQ (pic related).

The U2715H has a USB hub and a better stand, but apparently has serious uniformity issues and isn't as bright. The MX27AQ is ~$100 cheaper with better uniformity and brighter backlight but its stand is less adjustable.

Can owners of these share their experiences?

Sidenote: I'd really prefer to buy a HiDPI display but at 27", only 4k is readily available and affordable. This is an issue because in 2x mode, the monitor is effectively 1080p, and for a 27" panel I'd really prefer the real estate afforded by an effective 2560x1440 display which equates to 5k which is still expensive as fuck.