They fucked it up. Xubuntu officially shit-tier from 16.04. Can't believe they put out this half-baked shit

They fucked it up. Xubuntu officially shit-tier from 16.04. Can't believe they put out this half-baked shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

xubuntu.org/news/xubuntu-16-04-1-release/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>2016
>not using arch

My time is precious.

Then why are you using linux at all?

Time to go Manjaro openrc.

That's exactly why you should use arch.

>xfce
Top Kek.
They don't refer to it as "xfaeces" for no reason.

>They fucked it up
Explain. Haven't used since 14.04 LTS

Started putting in GTK3 windows.

Oh shit, now I see what you're saying.

Blame GTK3. That's the only thing shit-tier there.

Agreed. Xubuntu with xfwm4 is grand.

if they ship it in their distro, blame them. That's the only way things can ever improve.

This. Manjaro openrc just werks.

>gtk
kek

looks memetastic to me

>it's "Screen Tearing with the slightest movement" episode

>qBittorrent and Transmission
what?
Choose one man

itt: a bunch of retards who are too dumb to change their de

using qbittorrent to stream movies
transmission to download things. it doesn't have the sequential download feature.

you want mate then, xfce has had gtk3 parts for years and never said they wouldn't

Mein neggers
Which des you use

Use KDE Neon: neon.kde.org .

Can you use Whisker and Xfce themes on MATE? I love Ambiance far too much.

>GTK3
What is this and why is it wrong?

Be gentle, I'm a casual :3

Don't talk shit about XFCE.

The only non-shit one: mate.

>bitching about gtk3

Why you don't use Debian Stable or CentOs then?

I use Arch + Xfce + Arc + Numix-Circle + Compton. The best setup I have, I just love this damn thing, stable as fuck. Once you set it up, it's perfect and you just have to update things when you want.

All variations of 16.04 have been complete shit for me.

Same.

KDE Neon is a non-shit version of Kubuntu 16.04 to be honest.

I was using Kubuntu, it was shit, I switched to Neon, no more shit

What is the difference between Neon and Kubuntu?

>still using *buntu
Just install the mother of all apt distros Debian and upgrade to Testing or Sid.

probably more support from kde guys.

the point of it is to have a stable base (ubuntu lts) and the latest kde on top of it. kubuntu, if it is anything like ubuntu mate or ubuntu gnome, is just some community guys maintaining it, not the main DE guys pushing it out.

it's linux m8, it was fucked up before it was ever released.

>relying on the GNOME TOOL KIT and GNOME software

Sometimes arch maintainers break shit. Like when they changed root folder structure to be as cool as Fedora (/usr/bin as symlink to /bin).

It's particularly obvious and painful for xubuntu 16.04, as 15.10 was close to perfect.

16.04 ships with a kernel + xorg stack that is partially broken on Intel hardware. With lightdm/Xfce you lose the mouse cursor after resume and you can get random black screens.
Also there are a few glitches with the Xfwm compositor. Compton is now mandatory.

>not using FreeBSD
>not expecting your OS to be anything but good

Did the 16.04.1 update image fix this?

Nope.
The bug is still there in the release notes : xubuntu.org/news/xubuntu-16-04-1-release/

I wouldn't bet on a fix before 16.04.2

xfce has always been shit. LXDE is where it's at

In compton.conf
> clear-shadow = false;

Thank me later, op.

> time matters
> using Linux

Uhm...

It's time to go back to Win7
Give it up fags

>It's time to go back to proprietary software
>It's time to go back to the botnet
>It's time to go back to bloatware
>It's time to go back to the ugliest OS on earth
No thanks.

gtk3 is fucking ugly

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.

Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

The London stock exchange sings praises about Linux and its performance.

Gtk3 is not concerned about how ugly or beautiful it is. The beauty of Gtk3 is dictated by the theme.

I'd agree if they didn't keep INTENTIONALLY breaking themes.

Which doesn't matter, because gtk3 themes arr rook same

I meant desktop use.
Web or backend application is OK.

Mail stack is one ugly bastard. All of them.

>not using Debian

There is no software in the software center. How do you use such a distro then?

>My time is precious.
>On Sup Forums.

GTK3 is shit, but I'm not going to even justify my opinion because GTK3 fanboys are worse than Apple fanboys. GTK3 can do no wrong, amirite fellas?

GTK3 is fucking cancer.
Even GTK2 was a buggy piece of shit with decade old bugs in the tracker, but GTK3 took that to a whole another level.

>KDE wise
one is up to date and supposed to work, the other is not
both use ubuntu

>implying catfish and menulibre are developed by either XFCE or Xubuntu teams
>implying Xubuntu team does anything more than select a bunch of software other people wrote and a fancy theme created again by other people with no affiliation to Xubuntu
>no using ubuntu net install

Interesting. I listened to Spatry recently chat with his Sunday partner-in-crime and the latter said he lost all his personal files when updating on Xubuntu. Tbqh I'm not sure how that even happens, but considering Xubuntu's usual rep as a solid distro I find this stuff unsettling.

>xubuntu
>solid
lmao

ubuntu's installer does not create /home/user/
by default it does primary / and logical swap

Window interaction and rendering is the task of the DE and WM, retard.

put

.window-frame {
box-shadow: none;
margin: 1;
}

in your

$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/gtk-3.0/gtk.css

or you can set it universally, haven't used linux in a while but I think the gtk.css is also in /usr/share/gtk-3.0 if anyone could correct me that'd be grand.

welp, i did try xubuntu 1604 some time ago around release date and it was fine. must be something you have done, retard.

Yeah I was on xubuntu for a few months but I was having a lot of trouble with it. Switched to mint and it is MUCH better for an easy 'everything just werks' straight out of the box distro.

Forgot to mention that this will fix that border bullshit you see in OP image.

Why are they porting Xfce to gtk3 when it is going against everything it is?

mate and xfce devs should fork gtk2.

Because gtk2 is dead tripfag.

wayland probably

it's alive user

The worst thing about GTK3 and GNOME 3 is that it makes GTK2 applications dog slow

I don't know whose fault is it and no one is talking about it because apparently in Linux desktop land as long as the program starts it works 100%, screw speed, cohererence and correctness

Vsync is for Mac users and other assorted pussies. We don't need no stinkin' Vsync in our compositor! We can turn our windows into cubes and make them spin! That makes us much better than Mac users!

Name some reasons why GTK3 is "cancer" and "shit".

How does it go aginast "everything it is"? HInt: it doesn't and you're an idiot.

all the old linux server software was disgusting, Xf86, bind, ESD, dhcpd, pftpd, sendmail, exim, NFS, samba, etc

ESD was great. dhcpd is still great to this day. Sendmail is alright. Samba is dogshit, NFS is pretty fucking shit (but is there anything better out there?), don't konw about bind and exim. Xf86 was just X11.